Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

The gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Kingnothing posted:

The gently caress?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Dzhay posted:

I'm glad to see that not all the other witches were blameless good guys unfairly villainised by history. Grey-goo-bunny witch was probably more of a threat than whatever Satella did.

I have a feeling none of the witches are blameless good guys. Especially echidna. There’s so pretty clear red flags that show she’s not to be trusted at all. Especially her last words to baru and that face she made at the end.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Elephant Parade posted:

sure, she's kind of shady, but what has she done that we've seen other than help Subaru overcome personal trauma and save his soul from getting broken? as it stands, she's very much a benevolent figure--that could change, and it's entirely possible that she did something awful in life (the general theme with the witches seems to be "good intentions gone terribly wrong", going by Typhon attempting to show Subaru is a good person by breaking him into a million pieces and Daphne trying to solve world hunger via horrible man-eating monsters), but she doesn't seem evil

I mean by that logic, Satella is good because she gave Subaru return by death.

This show has proven to us time and time again that just because someone is helping Subaru in the moment doesn’t mean they’re actually helping Subaru in the long run.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

I honestly had a thought that Roswaal is Subaru from the future.

Weird. I had this exact same thought during this ep.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

That is a legit incredible single take.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

Since apparently all of Subaru's acquaintances are witch cultists, does that make Otto a cultist of some sort. I was really getting a Minerva cultist feel toward the end there.?

He does seem to be more than he appears after that.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Inject the suffering into my veins.

Also, for anyone that wants some suffering that’s even worse than RE:Zero, please check out made in abyss. I’ve never seen anything darker or more despairing.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Grouchio posted:

I am too excited I apologize.

You’ve got big energy.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Yawgmoft posted:

I highly doubt they'll wipe this level of character progression/first kiss

Probably not, but it also feels like a permanent death card for a character (no idea who)

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Sazabi posted:

Was it just me or did the crystal Subaru use to de-tiger young Gar talk and sound like Puck. And does that make him the new contract holder?

wasnt that the crystal garf’s sister gave him?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Lotus Aura posted:

I took Emilia not recognising Echidna in the coffin to be because it's already been made explicit that people do not remember their interactions with her in the trials once they're back in the real world. It'd be weird to bring that up when Subaru was involved and drop it immediately afterwards.

After the catharsis of Garfield getting to trounce Elsa, that's the natural place to go for the emotional climax so it makes sense that it's being saved for its own episode next week. Once Subaru split from Otto and Petra to get Betty outta there, I figured it was being saved for later at least.

others have pointed out that they’ve been very very careful not to show echidna’s face in any scene not involving a mental space she controls, including past flashbacks that would have undoubtedly shown her real face. That feels far too specific to just me to be “everyone forgot her face”.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Here is hoping we don't have a four year wait for Arc 5.

Anyone who's watched Venture Brothers is used to this.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Taima posted:

This is loving horrible news. Thank you for explaining. I just caught up last night. Maybe I'll watch it again or something, this is my first anime and I have super enjoyed it. Waiting a week per 30 minute episode is horrifying after binging the entire rest of it.

Just so I'm clear here, when season 3 drops, we have to wait for the English dub and THEN have to wait again for the whole thing to get slow rolled at one per week? hosed up if true.

Why not try the subs?

I can’t say I’ve watched the dub for this show, but the dubs are typically much worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

RevolverDivider posted:

Grouchio perished so that is one less threat at least

Yeah they were really the only ones spamming WN spoilers in here.