Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Zore posted:

A ton of the chassis boil down to 'jumped up mage/mythical creature with delusions of grandeur', or 'some animal/rock people started worshipping and empowered after the previous Pantokrator disappeared'

The mage that found a gem site for a couple decades huffing gem dust till they got superpowers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

megane posted:

Don't forget "entity the Patokrator created/empowered to do X, but then they became popular and he got mad and imprisoned them for eternity."

This one is especially fun because if they then win and become the next one, they will go on to do the exact same thing having learned nothing from their own experience, since those chassis will always show up in the next era.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Phaecia

Perpetual Storm was, in retrospect, what did me in. Losing all of that mobility was crippling both strategically and mentally. I know I tend to be a pretty conservative player: I don't like taking huge risks and gambles, and my natural inclination is to turtle and build strength rather than always be lunging forward. Losing my phenomenal mobility really gave me an excuse to play small and close, and that's most exemplified in my choice to not capture and fort up that one Throne province completely enveloped in my own territory. If I had done that then the game wouldn't have ended. One reason I didn't do it was because I had broken hard into Blood and wanted to charm the Solar Serpent guardian, obtaining a massive Evocation caster for future battles and fun shenanigans. Another reason was that I knew I could probably take it pretty easily if I spent a bunch of air gems to summon elementals. However, due to Perpetual Storm I was jealously guarding my air gems, thinking that I would need them when a vulnerable part of my empire was attacked and it would take time to march an army over.

On the bright side! I was very pleased with how I handled the Pelagian invasion. I learned that Phaecian top-line mages and sacreds are no joke at all, and that one of the real secrets to Phaecian success is scrounging up enough Earth gems (or trading with someone) to forge a couple of Dwarven Hammers. Hammers combined with the natural forge discount on Colossi Weavers gets you Rings of Water Breathing for 2W, Water Lenses for 2W, Shrouds of the Battle Saint for 2S (you can afford to throw these on and thus bless basically any mage you send to battle at this price), Phaecian special national robes that Ramc showed off earlier for like 1S1A, etc etc you get the idea. I was able to cheaply kit out any Wind Caller with level 2 water magic to pop underwater, summon a Water Elemental, and that's more than enough to raid underwater provinces forever. Yes, Phaecia can be just as annoying to an underwater nation as an underwater nation can be to them.

Game was fun, and in Dominions you can't ever expect to win. Hail to victor, even if it's the perfidious jsoh.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

violent sex idiot posted:

hello it me, jsoh. this is my god

note that it is an inspiration to researchers sharing the province it is in. so my strategy in this game is to build a fort and a lab in every province that is adjacent to my capital and have everyone form a big study group and defeat my enemies by having far more magical capacity than them. unfortunately this guy had to be dormant to afford a bunch of scales and also his skinny rear end pencil neck stops him from wearing some kinds of hats. he's really tall and based on thoth i guess

somebody asked for my god so here it is. this is how i could be ahead on research all game while being smaller than the other major gamers. the throne of creation is how i could leverage that into very much spells

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What's the shittiest thing that can become god? Both in terms of "shittiest for everyone" and "most pathetic thing around".

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RBA Starblade posted:

What's the shittiest thing that can become god? Both in terms of "shittiest for everyone" and "most pathetic thing around".

A blood fountain that requires constant virgin sacrifice and literally just a big rock are probably up there.

Barono
May 6, 2007

Rich in irony and most satirical
There's the moloch who is literally a giant demon from the inferno.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Zore posted:

A blood fountain that requires constant virgin sacrifice and literally just a big rock are probably up there.

Most pathetic chassis I think is the pig. Literally just a pig.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

The Moloch is an infernal angel called or sent from beyond. Winged and dressed in horror, he will crush this world and make its inhabitants slaughter one another and suffer the torment of the Inferno. The Moloch is a powerful and mighty warrior and demonic servants will come to his aid whenever he goes into battle. The Moloch will surely shatter the world unless he is vanquished.

this seems p bad

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The Myrmecoleon really wants to take a poo poo, but can't.

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing

is pretty bad too, I guess.

The most pathetic would be a pretender who failed casting polymorph and turned permanently into a feebleminded ant.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sullat posted:

Most pathetic chassis I think is the pig. Literally just a pig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcF0Isq71LA

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Culka posted:

love too be harmed by principles of correspondence

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The Uttervast is a good boy, it's just a version of good we can't understand.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

I've played only enough single player dominions to follow what's happening, so no insightful commentary, but this was a great LP and lots of fun to read. I definitely though Ramc would win because who does an LP where they lose? but I just remembered the LP started while the game was still going so.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Culka posted:

The most pathetic would be a pretender who failed casting polymorph and turned permanently into a feebleminded ant.

I had this happen to a Irminsul of mine. One moment a proud majestic tree, one moment a fly. Not a magic fly, just a regular fly with no special powers at all.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

gonadic io posted:

I had this happen to a Irminsul of mine. One moment a proud majestic tree, one moment a fly. Not a magic fly, just a regular fly with no special powers at all.

there needs to be a mechanism where nations just give up on the war out of embarrassment.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Istvun posted:

there needs to be a mechanism where nations just give up on the war out of embarrassment.

I mean I did go AI pretty quickly afterwards...

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

uguu posted:

It's the same reason so many of your arrows didn't go through!

gently caress! I didn't expect that global to even influence magical transport!

Now I wish I could see where my lost Morrigan ended up instead, but sadly we lost the game so we will never know

(Also thank you game for calling them "Morrignans" in the battle reports. Real good proof reading there, devs!)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Libluini posted:

gently caress! I didn't expect that global to even influence magical transport!

Now I wish I could see where my lost Morrigan ended up instead, but sadly we lost the game so we will never know

(Also thank you game for calling them "Morrignans" in the battle reports. Real good proof reading there, devs!)

Morrigna is actually a correct plural somehow, so blame Gaelic.

EDIT: actually I'm not really sure Morrignas is at all correct since from what I gather Morrigna already is plural I think???, but I think Illwinter just rolled with it because they already used the name morrigans for something else.

the holy poopacy fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 29, 2019

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

goatface posted:

The Uttervast is a good boy, it's just a version of good we can't understand.

It's simple really, it merely functions and acts based on an evershifting N-dimensional moral framework. But if you can follow its reasoning for more than 5 picoseconds without your brain oozing out your ears, you'll find it has sound ideas and a strangely charming sense of humour. But that might be your growing incurable madness talking.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this guy just melts if he leaves the ocean

this guy just looks funny

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Really digging the bottom of the barrel to find things to worship there

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
a huge omnipresent head with crab claws seems pretty divine to me.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Isn't there some mindless pretender chassis that's just a big idol controlled by people's faith?

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
Was looking through the pretender list on the mod inspector and oh god this is the gooniest pretender:

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Bremen posted:

Isn't there some mindless pretender chassis that's just a big idol controlled by people's faith?

Colossal Fetish?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Straight White Shark posted:

Morrigna is actually a correct plural somehow, so blame Gaelic.

EDIT: actually I'm not really sure Morrignas is at all correct since from what I gather Morrigna already is plural I think???, but I think Illwinter just rolled with it because they already used the name morrigans for something else.

Nice try, but they call them "Morrigans" everywhere else

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Libluini posted:

Nice try, but they call them "Morrigans" everywhere else

They actually don't, it's always Morrigna.

In Dominions terms:

Morrigan = Fomorian undead lady summon
Morrigna = three giant ladies

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Shrimp Soldiers are real dudes:

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 29, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Just don't let the street sharks get near them. They'll get totally rad all over them, dude

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I read the l.p. And I then went and purchased this cursed game

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Namtab posted:

ramc what have you done

:one:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Straight White Shark posted:

ramc what have you done

:one:

:rip: gold then i deserve no less

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Namtab posted:

No, turn back

:negative:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
In an ironic twist, Namtab then went on to destroy Dominions forever.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
the colossal fetish has the best attack animation in the game though so its obv not the worst chassis

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Jon Joe posted:

In an ironic twist, Namtab then went on to destroy Dominions forever.

I mean that's what Ramc did when he got Dominions because of a different LP

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
the cycle of pantokrators played out over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

I think you have to seize the power by claiming the unfinished or staled LP of another poster.