Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
claim the throne of the sandcastle for 3 vp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is there a pretender chassis that is just a random useless peasant with weak dominion and very very expensive magic (if even capable of it at all)?

Very fun LP. This game always seem so much fun, but at the same time not something I actually want to play. :v:

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Poil posted:

Is there a pretender chassis that is just a random useless peasant with weak dominion and very very expensive magic (if even capable of it at all)?

Very fun LP. This game always seem so much fun, but at the same time not something I actually want to play. :v:

There are a bunch of regular human chassis yeah. They're typically used when you want a bunch of different low level paths (the so called rainbow mage) because it's cheap for then to get new magic paths.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
They're wizards and stuff and have some supernatural or special abilities due to their magic training (such as longer ritual and battle magic range or cold winds or whatever), there's not really any "just a regular guy" pretender chassis.

You can get peasant units from some events though, sometimes he will arrive with goats or fire drakes (and a suspicious "tainted presence" attribute in the case of the latter) which you could make into your prophet, since he is a commander. He has a pitch fork, 7 morale, 7 attack, 6 defense and 10 precision.

Random rocks and pillars that people just started worshipping are the most "well, guess I'll be a god!" things, I believe.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

yeah the inanimate poo poo is one of those consensus 'belief makes it so' sort of things since that's how worship works in dominions world. same reason why your pretender dies or w/e when candles hit zero for them everywhere

i think the most pathetic chassis is the demilich but that's entirely because he's a lame pile of bones that can't even get a cool carriage to be carried around in like the nazca bird mummies

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Kitfox88 posted:

yeah the inanimate poo poo is one of those consensus 'belief makes it so' sort of things since that's how worship works in dominions world. same reason why your pretender dies or w/e when candles hit zero for them everywhere

i think the most pathetic chassis is the demilich but that's entirely because he's a lame pile of bones that can't even get a cool carriage to be carried around in like the nazca bird mummies

Those carriages and the bearers cost so. much. gold.

(As you can see in my screenshot earlier I'm in a draft game and have recruit anywhere nazca mages).

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

yeah they're stupid loving expensive, i love how the description mentions the nation's economy is suffering because of paying the fees all these dead rear end boomers demand upon revival

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I wonder if in-lore a demilich just rolls around on the stygian paths all the time to get where it needs to be.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
give the demilich a hat that it uses to ride on some poor saps head

quote:

The Colossal Fetish is a huge statue that has come to life from being worshipped for many hundreds of years. It is mindless and mostly does what its worshipers believe it would do. It punishes harshly and rewards sparingly. The Colossal Fetish is made of wood and would be difficult to destroy in combat.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

has mu made a shop to replace the CF's head with a colossal head yet

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.

Kitfox88 posted:

has mu made a shop to replace the CF's head with a colossal head yet

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Collosal head needs a custom spell to create a collosal body.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

:five:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

God bless I will fund a patreon a few bucks each month for the complete colossal head total conversion mod

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

goatface posted:

Collosal head needs a custom spell to create a collosal body.

mod this into Pillars of Eternity 2

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If a stone monolith casts mirror image, it should show in-game as a full stone circle, stonehenge style

someone mod that in please, it's definitely worth the effort for that one super rare edge case

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Tollymain posted:

give the demilich a hat that it uses to ride on some poor saps head

Gotta say, Dominions has some surprisingly funny writing:

"It does what its worshipers think it should do. It is a complete jerk that almost never does anything nice."

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Capfalcon posted:

Gotta say, Dominions has some surprisingly funny writing:

"It does what its worshipers think it should do. It is a complete jerk that almost never does anything nice."

The worshipers know they're in Dominions. It would destroy their faith if a "god" was actually nice.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Uggh, LP and a sale. What hath thou wrought, Ramc.

Great LP though.

SA LPers should really demand cuts from Illwinter, I've bought 3, 4 & 5 because of LPs and then barely played at least the first two :v:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Pharnakes posted:

SA LPers should really demand cuts from Illwinter, I've bought 3, 4 & 5 because of LPs and then barely played at least the first two :v:

I agree that they should cut me a check.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

credit to jBrereton I think this game is just that simple guys.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Step 8 seems to mean C'tis didn't need to put up those wizard rockpiles after all - he'd won the moment he sniped the provinces.

Also unless that has changed since Dom3, stealthed armies already in a prov will fight in teleport battles as well if you set them to uncloak and attack - I guess because there's no movement delay for them ? You could set up some real bitch tricks with that knowledge.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
They don't actually win until step 53; you can be knocked off of a throne between claiming it and passing the victory check.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Corbeau posted:

They don't actually win until step 53; you can be knocked off of a throne between claiming it and passing the victory check.

Oh right, you do lose the claim if you lose the land, my bad.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
yeah i certainly needed to fort the throne that like thirty phaecian mages teleported to , because i had spent nearly every gem to set that turn up and couldnt resupply the mages there to give them a fighting chance

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Ramc posted:

credit to jBrereton I think this game is just that simple guys.

So the great fix to prevent skele-spam from crashing a Dominions game was "start deleting units if you have more than 150k"? Or was this a different issue

Also thanks to this I think it should be possible to prank someone by doing dumb poo poo like take some generic lvl. 2 mages, scripting some high-level spells like Living Clouds, then empower them to lvl. 3 just after someone plinked a scout against the fort you're defending.

Should be hilarious if you have enough gems to pull this off: Imagine turning half a dozen research mages into lvl. 3 elemental spammers just before the attack, using the fact that empowering is one of the earliest things in the turn order against your enemy.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Yomi can do something like that. The namanari is a D1N1 mage who can cast a 6 death gem ritual that turns them into a skelespam capable F1D2N1 chunari (sadly, their upkeep skyrockets). You can absolutely use this as a panic button to defend a research fort.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

my dad posted:

Yomi can do something like that. The namanari is a D1N1 mage who can cast a 6 death gem ritual that turns them into a skelespam capable F1D2N1 chunari (sadly, their upkeep skyrockets). You can absolutely use this as a panic button to defend a research fort.

My favorite is assassinations go before movement so if you kill a load bearing commander in a stack he will leave all his troops behind when the army marches into battle or storms the castle it owns.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
The missing battle type at step 44 would be the battles that happen when you destroy your own fort out of spite so the besieging army has to build a new one.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Jbrereton has been busy in the discord

Ramc fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 1, 2019

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I want to inject the NYT articles into my veins

Ramc
May 4, 2008

The Chad Jihad posted:

I want to inject the NYT articles into my veins

yes also what is going on with imgur the forums links it was giving me with their new format didn't have .jpg at the end good great

Ramc fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 1, 2019

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Ugh, does the NYT really read so much like Buzzfeed now? That is so sad.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

thetruegentleman posted:

Ugh, does the NYT really read so much like Buzzfeed now? That is so sad.

The Opinion Page at least is insanely embarrassing.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Ramc posted:

The Opinion Page at least is insanely embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/BretStephensNYT/status/1134083925607931904

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

You need to add some more context there. Also, that's Twitter not a nyt headline.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I mean, it's a Twitter link to a NYT opinion column

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

i saw movies from the 80s, i know that any urban area with more than 10k population and some of 'those' folks was literally vietnam for are cops

feller
Jul 5, 2006

twig1919 posted:

You need to add some more context there. Also, that's Twitter not a nyt headline.

how is tweet formed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

Senor Dog posted:

how is tweet formed

I'm not seeing it. Seems like normally structured sentence(s) to me.