Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Exia posted:

https://twitter.com/Anime_Voice/status/1143538442648686592?s=20

Isekai Quartet officially announced a second season
Hell, why not. Keep throwing more people into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
The Slime characters will be a fun addition.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Nephthys posted:

Rimuru seems like a perfect fit for a second season.

It's actually kind of hard to think of another good Isekai that would be appropriate for a light-hearted jokey setting, i.e. Not-Shield Hero.

Number 1 choice: Now and Then, Here and There. :unsmigghh:

I've thought about that as well, but it's unlikely as Slime is by Kodansha and all four of Isekai Quartet are from Kadokawa. It's caused me to think of what kind of crossovers Slime could do with other similar Kodansha properties and the pickings are...not promising. Makes me wish at times that Shogakukan or Shueshia had picked the series up since the options are SIGNIFICANTLY better there(Slime x Helck!!!) than Kodansha's Fairy Tail or Seven Deadly Sins. Who'd win a Death Battle is another thought that crosses my mind.Slime God Wins

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 27, 2019

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://moetron.net/post/185885418055/we-never-learn-s2-tv-anime-confirmed-for-october

We Never Learn confirmed to be getting a second season, and it will air in the Fall season

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Nice! I didn’t think it was that successful.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Agronox posted:

Nice! I didn’t think it was that successful.

When it's coming that soon after it's not a product of the success of the first season, it was planned all along.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Did Isekai Quartet end up being any good if you've only watched one of the shows in it?

Each episode is tiny. The OP and ED together account for probably around 1/4 of the runtime.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Exia posted:

https://moetron.net/post/185885418055/we-never-learn-s2-tv-anime-confirmed-for-october

We Never Learn confirmed to be getting a second season, and it will air in the Fall season

That turnaround seems, uh, unusually quick. I hope that this is actually a case where the second season was already planned and just now got announced, because if not, and they only started production of it as s1 was doing well, then hoo-boy is there going to be a lot of crunch on this show and the quality will probably suffer.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
The wait for the final episode of Gunjou no Magmel (although it was never going to trouble my list) means I finished my Spring season. Here’s my top 5:

1. Attack on Titan, s3.2
2. Kimetsu no Yaiba
3. Bungou Stray Dogs, s3
4. Kono oto Tomare!
5. Dororo

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

superLINUS posted:

The wait for the final episode of Gunjou no Magmel (although it was never going to trouble my list) means I finished my Spring season. Here’s my top 5:

1. Attack on Titan, s3.2
2. Kimetsu no Yaiba
3. Bungou Stray Dogs, s3
4. Kono oto Tomare!
5. Dororo
I'm sweet on the Kono Oto manga and generally thought the anime was a mid-tier adaptation (somewhere between kaguya and kumamiko), but that was a mean place to drop off, even with a continuation in the Fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"

Coaaab posted:

I'm sweet on the Kono Oto manga and generally thought the anime was a mid-tier adaptation (somewhere between kaguya and kumamiko), but that was a mean place to drop off, even with a continuation in the Fall.

I try and take a pragmatic approach to these things and accept that, sometimes, animes ends in the middle of a story. But I’m stoked that we’re getting a second season - there’s so many plot points dangling!