Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

so doga kobo's continuing with their pedophile show streak, huh.

Yes and No. Despite the suggestive description, the actual content of the show, if what people who read the manga had to say is anything to go by, isn't sexual, and there isn't a literal pedophile character like their last 2 outings. With that said, the premise is still totally catered to a pedophile's fantasies though.

kater posted:

I'm intrigued by the isekai where you come back as a baby and get raised by an idiot magician. That's so dumb it might be great.

Yeah, Kenja no Mago honestly looks alright for your standard isekai setup-there's some good character design, comedy, and action in the pv even!

Oh god that was a terrible page snipe-

Julias fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Mar 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I skipped out on the past few seasons but I'm real excited to get back into the current anime game this upcoming season. Mix is gonna be one of the best anime this year and I'll happily be one of the hundred or so people in the English-speaking world that watches it. And hey, more Attack on Titan. As one of the few fans who hasn't read the manga I'm hyped for more. I have high hopes for Carole & Tuesday but since it's Netflix I'll probably just wait for it to be available there. And of course a new Ikuhara show, always gonna see what he's up to. The new Ace of the Diamond series should be good but since I binged the original series last year I think watching it weekly will kill me so I'll just wait for episodes to accumulate before checking it out. I think there's also yet another attempt at a Phoenix anime happening? I'd love for it to be good but I feel like a lot of recent Tezuka attempts have been lacking. I guess at least it's not another Tezuka prequel that nobody wants, so that's something.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I will be taking this season to watch old good anime that I haven't seen yet

None of the new stuff grabs my interest except for fruits basket maybe

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i'm gonna watch attack on titan and one punch man, and nothing else really leapt out at me. i guess bungo stray dogs is a thing people like now? i remember checking out the first season of it and not being crazy about it, but maybe i'll go back and give it another shot.

in doublechecking the list i noticed "Kimetsu no Yaiba" which seems like it could be up my alley, though that wasn't the most interesting pv i've ever seen

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The Bocchi manga is extremely good, easily the best one that author has done, but as Three Colors has shown it's very possible for an :effort: adaption to kill whatever life the author's works have. So hopefully that's better this time around.

I don't necessarily have a lot of faith in another go at a Fruits Basket adaption based on the PV released thus far, but I have enough nostalgia for that story that I still want to see how they do it. It'd be neat to go back to that setting one more time.

Oh wait Senryuu?? Surprised I didn't hear about that earlier, that manga rules. Too bad it's a short though, it definitely looks fairly cheap.

Nothing else really jumps out at me, I'll have to leave it to ADTRW to sift through the res- wait, is that a YU-NO adaption I see? :stare: :yikes:

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Mar 25, 2019

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yeah the butchery of the art style in the new yu-no is gross

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Not exactly what was giving me pause but yeah I will agree the new art style ain't that great either.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Srice posted:

I think there's also yet another attempt at a Phoenix anime happening? I'd love for it to be good but I feel like a lot of recent Tezuka attempts have been lacking. I guess at least it's not another Tezuka prequel that nobody wants, so that's something.

Yeah, there's a promotional anime that's supposed to air in April

quote:

Tezuka Production will create an original anime based on Osamu Tezuka's manga "Phoenix". As part of a collaboration campaign with Ehime Prefecture named "Dogo Reborn Project" to promote the restoration and repair of the Dogo Onsen hot spring bat house in Matsuyama.

But, uh, there's like no information available at the moment besides the name and "April", no PV, no staff, no length.

I guess I could put it in the Chii-tan collumn...

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Julias posted:

Yes and No. Despite the suggestive description, the actual content of the show, if what people who read the manga had to say is anything to go by, isn't sexual, and there isn't a literal pedophile character like their last 2 outings. With that said, the premise is still totally catered to a pedophile's fantasies though.

I've read a bit of the manga and it's mostly innocuous, the weirdest textual thing is that the guy wants to
>touch fluffy tail
and the foxes think that's weird. The main problematic thing really is that it's a very explicit indulgent manbaby fantasy, but the author himself says as much in the first volume, so.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

Nothing else really jumps out at me, I'll have to leave it to ADTRW to sift through the res- wait, is that a YU-NO adaption I see? :stare: :yikes:

OH FOR gently caress'S SAKE WHY

No one watch this. No one should ever watch this. No matter how good it sounds, no matter how good it looks, it will give you at least one giant gently caress you.

Ah, hell, I'm probably gonna end up watching it...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if you're going to yell about how a show is weird or bad or reprehensible, you're not allowed to do it vaguely

be explicit so there's actually some use for the uninitiated

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I have no idea what YU-NO is, when I was browsing the season list I'd discarded the show as some sort of harem-looking thing to begin with but the plot description sounds innocuous enough so if it needs some kind of content warning let people know.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

:nms:The MC fucks his own daughter and stepmother. Like after an extensive sequence where he raises the girl too.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

AnoHito posted:

:nms:The MC fucks his own daughter and stepmother. Like after an extensive sequence where he raises the girl too.
Don't forget that it's strongly implied that one of the other girls he can gently caress is another/different daughter sent back in time from the future.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

yeah, no

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lmao can't wait for the end of season reaction posts on that one

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Everything Burrito posted:

lmao can't wait for the end of season reaction posts on that one
just lmao if they rewrite the scenario to be less... that so reactions end up being muted like what happened w/ fuuka or w/e

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Personally the reactions to Fuuka were hilarious because the people who went into the show blind were basically going "well that was a pleasant ending, I don't know why you guys were riled up.", and the people who read it that were expecting a metaphorical trainwreck and were waiting all season for the reactions had to stew in their own frustration at the lack of catharsis

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

AnoHito posted:

Plz don't end up watching it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this discussion is just making me realize that shadow of destiny is a huge yu-no ripoff but with charles martinet

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ninjewtsu posted:

i guess bungo stray dogs is a thing people like now? i remember checking out the first season of it and not being crazy about it, but maybe i'll go back and give it another shot.

I rewatched it a few weeks ago and I think it benefits more from not been watched week to week, because it starts pretty slow. The first season is mostly one-offs and the first arc/plot doesn’t start until like episode 9, which continues through season 2.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i tried to watch s1 from the start as it aired and couldn't get over the hump

i think i ended up just watching both full seasons back to back and didn't have any complaints then, aside from the insert songs

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I'll be enthusiasticly watching AOT and Sarazanmai. I'll wait for some reviews before starting OPM. My other half might want to check out Carol & Tuesday.

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

Coaaab posted:

just lmao if they rewrite the scenario to be less... that so reactions end up being muted like what happened w/ fuuka or w/e

The new anime is based off an all-ages remake of the game that released in Japan recently, so they may have already changed it, I have no idea.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Julias posted:

TV (full length)

Sarazanmai
MAPPA; Lapin Track | Kunihiko Ikuhara | Kunihiko Ikuhara | Demons, Supernatural | Original | Apr 12, 2019
The stage is Asakusa. One day, three 2nd-year middle school students — Kazuki Yasaka, Tooi Kuji, and Enta Jinnai — meet a mysterious kappa-like creature named Keppi, who forcibly takes their shirikodama (a mythical organ kappa steal through a person's anus) and transforms the boys into kappa. Keppi informs them, "If you wish to return to your former selves, you must connect in 'that way' and bring me the shirikodama of zombies." Will the three boys be able to connect as they steal shirikodama from zombies?! Meanwhile, two policemen — Reo Niiboshi and Mabu Akutsu — are up to something at the police box where they are stationed.
PV

:goofy: that is...... an interesting premise for a show

Julias posted:

TV (short)

:gas:B Rappers Street
Pie in the sky | ... | ... | Music, Comedy | Manga | Apr 11, 2019
The story follows Youhei, a boy who raps to the beat of his farts.

:hmmyes:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Namtab posted:

Yeah I recommend everyone read the VN instead

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Still no Kumo desu nani ga this season huh. Guess that's going to be in fall then.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Namtab posted:

The problem is aside from that bit, most of which comes toward the end, it's really good and super well-written. It just decides that it has to gently caress that one goat...

Coaaab posted:

I just watched the PV, it has the bit where he kisses his daughter, so I don't think they're doing away with that subplot...

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

More like ew, no.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Julias posted:

Girls & Panzer: Saishuushou Part 2

Season saved, loving finally.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Paracelsus posted:

Season saved, loving finally.

Not to ruin your day, but this season is when it arrives in theaters in Japan. So don't expect to be able to get a hold of it in the US until the blurays come out some number of months later :(

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Space Flower posted:

Yeah I recommend everyone read the VN instead
It's most notable for using the interactive format in an interesting way so it seems pretty hard to adapt to a linear medium.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AnoHito posted:

:yikes:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
who wants to start an epic adtrw yu-no simulread

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Colonel posted:

this discussion is just making me realize that shadow of destiny is a huge yu-no ripoff but with charles martinet

Yeah, but none of the endings in YU-NO are nearly as hilarious as endings B(ar) or C(ar)

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Well, Gegege no Kitaro is still running.

Cautiously looking forwards to Sarazanmai.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Fangz posted:

Well, Gegege no Kitaro is still running.

I suspect it will only end when the new dragon ball series starts. (Although it might keep going if it's popular enough)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I suspect it will only end when the new dragon ball series starts. (Although it might keep going if it's popular enough)

Didn’t it just get another season announced? I assume that’s another year, and I can’t imagine DBS2 is that far out.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Yeah, no it'll run concurrently with DBS. I think it (or DBS) will be switching timeslots.

Wondering what they will change for the new season. I'm kinda assuming Mana won't be around for the new season, which is a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Who decided that a disgusting two decade old game needed an anime adaptation anyway? I'd love to have been a fly on the wall at that meeting.

Mind you, after the last two Dogakobo shows maybe this poo poo is just normal in the anime industry now.