Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Who decided that a disgusting two decade old game needed an anime adaptation anyway? I'd love to have been a fly on the wall at that meeting.

Mind you, after the last two Dogakobo shows maybe this poo poo is just normal in the anime industry now.

It's one of the most influential VNs ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's one of the most influential VNs ever made.

Yeah, It's been sort of glossed over in favor of (rightly) calling out the lovely things in it, but it's pretty drat famous. A lot of games are transparently ripping it off, or are at least clearly influenced by it. I mean, there's a reason a lot of people itt have played it.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It also has a recent remake that's coming out in English in 2019. I'm looking forward to playing it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Who decided that a disgusting two decade old game needed an anime adaptation anyway? I'd love to have been a fly on the wall at that meeting.

Mind you, after the last two Dogakobo shows maybe this poo poo is just normal in the anime industry now.

"Now"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i can't believe someone would make a modern adaptation of this famous piece of media where a gross thing happens. how could anime do this

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the anime was obviously planned in coordination with the remake of the vn

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah Run With The Wind has been an amazing show. I wasn't enjoying the second half as much simply due to having binged the first and not being able to do that any longer. Last week's episode might be my favorite episode of a thing ever. Just an utterly beautiful way to convey excellence and also other fun stuff.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Are any of these shows based on Manga Time Kirara stuff? Basically none of them sound interesting to me... didn't think I'd be the one to write that.

I'll keep up with Aikatsu Friends and PriChan, and at least check out the Fruits Basket remake.
Maybe that Koto music club thing?
A couple of the shorts?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Can Sakura Wars come back, too? :pray:

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Wark Say posted:

Can Sakura Wars come back, too? :pray:

There is a new Sakura Wars game being announced. https://www.dualshockers.com/new-sakura-wars-announcement-sega-fes-2019/

Also, apparently a fan translation of the first game? I don't have a link for that though. I heard all of this Sakura War stuff from someone else.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

dragon ball is the world's most famous anime and manga and is relevant to this day and one of the main characters is a literal pedophile rapist and they continue making jokes about it to this day, but clearly the problem in the industry is a couple of stupid dogakobo shows that nobody watched

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and, idk, the scene in yu-no is stupid and shouldnt be in the game but it isnt presented uncritically as the greatest thing to ever happen, its meant to be about how time travel would gently caress with a person's headspace to the extent that they'd do awful things like that with no real self-examination. there's obviously things to be critical about it, both in terms of execution and even the base concept, but just the fact that a bad thing happened doesnt mean its disgusting and has no inherent value

compare to, again, dbz, which still thinks an old man rapist is really funny

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Uh, I'm pretty sure Master Roshi hasn't raped anyone. He might have kissed someone against their will or groped them, but he never raped anybody (Not that the groping or kissing is acceptable either).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Uh, I'm pretty sure Master Roshi hasn't raped anyone. He might have kissed someone against their will or groped them, but he never raped anybody (Not that the groping or kissing is acceptable either).
pardon me, *pedophile attempted rapist

like theres a big difference between mineta in my hero academia just spying on the girls changing or tricking them into cheerleader outfits, which is what id describe as dumb anime grabass, and master roshi literally chasing a girl down, stripping her, moving in menacingly while animated in shadow, etc, making a girl literally choose the possible annihilation of her universe over being near him for a second longer, etc, which is what id describe as literally playing sexual assault for comedy, and these are scenes from super so you cant even use the 'it was the 80s' excuse

like i think db is good fairly oftenly and even like roshi as a character when hes not pulling that poo poo, so this isnt really about dragon ball specifically, just that people are really bizarrely choosey about what they do/don't get morally outaged over and it basically comes down to whether or not they have any experience with something or any inclination to give it any good will

for the record i dont even think yu-no is like, super amazing, it has some neat ideas but really clumsy execution imo

Endorph fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 27, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

IShallRiseAgain posted:

There is a new Sakura Wars game being announced. https://www.dualshockers.com/new-sakura-wars-announcement-sega-fes-2019/

Also, apparently a fan translation of the first game? I don't have a link for that though. I heard all of this Sakura War stuff from someone else.
So that's why I saw that Osaka Theater Troupe doing a Sakura Wars thing, then! So drat excited. :dance:

The Sakura Wars games were part of that period of my life where I really made an effort to learn Japanese and, along with the works of Kouhei Kadono, Haruki Murakami, the band Envy, and the Megami Tensei franchise, will always have a special place in my heart.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Master Roshi is the most realistic character Akira Toriyama has ever written.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Now we just need Spirit Armor to finish his LP.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Paracelsus posted:

Now we just need Spirit Armor to finish the first 20% of his LP.

He said he was doing all five, don't forget :colbert:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
didn't he move on like a decade ago?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It actually took until last year (or the year before?) for the thread to finally fall into archives.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Senryuu Shoujo's great, Bokuben is okay, both adaptations look kinda shoddy from the PVs.
Kimetsu no Yaiba, I know nothing about this, but the art style in the PV is cool, and it seems to get a fair bit of hype.
Hitoribocchi no ○○ Seikatsu, somehow never read the manga, but heard it's great. The PV looks promising.
I guess I'll be watching more Attack on Titan, despite knowing how utterly idiotic the plot is going to get.
Trying hard not to get too pessimistic about the new One Punch Man, we'll see how it turns out.
Carole & Tuesday had a strong PV, and the concept seems interesting.

Other stuff I might check out: Cinderella Nine, Sarazanmai, Kono Oto Tomare, Shoumetsu Toshi, Joshikausei

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Not really feeling anything from this season but posters in these threads tend to end up getting me into something. Hopefully there'll be cool things in store. I'll likely check out Mix (I liked Touch even though I can't remember it too well) and One-Punch Man. I swear I remembered something about Dr. Stone this season but I guess I remembered wrong.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
all of adachi's sports-related manga are very similar, anyway. so if you liked touch but don't really remember the details, then mix is likely right up your alley.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Carole and Tuesday is an absolute must. No way I'm ignoring a Watanabe show.
No way I'm skipping out on One Punch Man either.
I'm also down for Sarazanmai on Ikuhara's name alone, wherever this goes.

Fairy Gone Ill give a try because of PA Works, but not sure how I feel about it from the PV.
I'm also unsure about Kimetsu no Yaiba, but willing to give it a shot between the :siren:, Kajiura, and ufotable.

I also probably round out Attack on Titan once it finally wraps up. I feel too invested to back out now.

There are some potentially really strong shows this season, but few promising ones.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

CrashScreen posted:

Not really feeling anything from this season but posters in these threads tend to end up getting me into something. Hopefully there'll be cool things in store. I'll likely check out Mix (I liked Touch even though I can't remember it too well) and One-Punch Man. I swear I remembered something about Dr. Stone this season but I guess I remembered wrong.

Dr. Stone is coming out in the summer.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Recommending :siren: for Isekai Quartet. Should be fun acid.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/animeherald/status/1112033675628158976

e: jesus h christ T&B was 2011

quote:

During a broadcast of Tame ni naru Radio, Nishida revealed that he is in charge of series composition for the project. He commented that he’s roughly “halfway through” the screenplay, and remarked that the project “may be very interesting” for him to write going forward.

Nishida added that talks of a second season began roughly five years ago, but came to a halt due to various circumstances. The project is starting to move again, though, and he’s onboard.

“In the years that passed,” he commented, “the times have changed, and my own views have changed.” He explained that the original concept that he imagined at the time is completely different from the work he’s writing now, adding that he “reconsidered [the plot] from zero.”

“I think it’s interesting, and I believe it’s a story that won’t disappoint many peoples’ expectations.”

Nishida later confirmed the news on Twitter

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That art is a strong way to lead into it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's been 3000 years...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is that guy based on Louis XIV? We need a Sun King anime.

(Being born in 1994 means that any game before 2004 is permanently off my radar)

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 30, 2019

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

a kitten posted:

e: jesus h christ T&B was 2011

It honestly feels older than that to me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

finally t&b will return and put double decker in its place

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i wish them all the luck in having better cgi and a non terrible last third this time

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I'm just worried its way too late to do a good sequel now. Hopefully none of the characters from Double Decker will be showing up.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm excited for more T&B

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I love that everyone looks their classiest/cutest in here... and then Kotetsu gives zero fucks and went with the "I'm pulling back the sleeves" look. :3:

Also, my body is ready.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Hell yeah T and B!

Who's the girl against the window? Is she a new character for this year, or from the movies...?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Squidster posted:

Hell yeah T and B!

Who's the girl against the window? Is she a new character for this year, or from the movies...?

that's Pao-Lin/Dragon Kid, the Chinese themed hero sponsored by Calbee

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

OH YEAH NEW SPONSORSHIPS PROBABLY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hopefully ESP guitars can push for a Bandori x T&B crossover?