Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Fangz posted:

There's a PV you know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzM43HZ6oeg

I feel pretty positive about the second coming of Soul Eater

I adored the Soul Eater anime, but I'm not sure how I feel about this. Has anyone here read the manga?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's resoundingly okay.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Why, does the manga seem boring?

yeah i checked out the first few ch and it was very ...bland.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Alder posted:

yeah i checked out the first few ch and it was very ...bland.

Bought it with a Kodansha Bundle and have yet to read it so I dunno, but to be fair the same could have been said about Kimetsu no Yaiba and that's considered a pretty solid comic.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Is Fire Force still going or is it done? 4 cours seems like a lot to confirm at once.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It's still ongoing, and I'm in the same boat as a lot of other people where I got bored after a couple of chapters-the premise just didn't really hook me and none of the characters were really as interesting as anybody from soul eater- cleaner art aside, the feeling I got was that this manga felt like it should have been made before soul eater, and not after.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people who have stuck with it told me it got better after the introductory couple of arcs but i havent read it myself to confirm.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
TBH I don't think Soul Eater was especially good early on either.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Clarste posted:

TBH I don't think Soul Eater was especially good early on either.

It really got off the ground with the bad guys' mission to free Asura. It got legit scary, had some cool action, and had a really endearing pair of temporary protagonists in Eruka and Free.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Reminder:

Julias posted:

The Summer 2019 seasonal thread will probably go up next weekend, so as usual, throw all of your awful suggestions for the new thread title in here.

You can see what's upcoming this season right here

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Summer Season 2019: How Many Goons Can You Lift?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
How Many Isekais Can You Adapt?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the middle of soul eater was easily my favorite manga running at the time it was happening

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Black Star vs Mifune was one of the best fights in a manga that I can remember. The bit where they stop trying to block and just start slashing each other like crazy was so goddamn hype.

I've heard really good things about Fire Force and that was a great PV.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I haven't watched Soul Eater in 9 years. :bernpop:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3892424

Vinland Saga Anime thread for those who want a sneak peak of what's coming next season.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Sindai posted:

How Many Isekais Can You Adapt?

Summer Season 2019: I died and was reborn as a season with 20 isekai shows

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Nisekai: Present day Earth is Onodera.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ayana Takatatsu and Yuki Kaji have announced their engagement. The most important part of this is

https://twitter.com/otakucalendarjp/status/1142638245496279040

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
nice, still crossing my fingers on two Eucliwood Hellscythe seiyuu getting married

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The new season thread is finally up and running

Just as an aside, I said at the beginning of this season that I felt like there weren't many anime of interest, and while taste is subjective, there were a lot fewer threads produced than usual, and the page count was nearly half of what a typical seasonal thread has gotten over the past couple of years (Between 70-100 pages).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
A'ight, taking the stickie out.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I only really followed Ao-chan and Hittori Bocchi this term. Guess I was just too lazy to commit to anything.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Julias posted:

The new season thread is finally up and running

Just as an aside, I said at the beginning of this season that I felt like there weren't many anime of interest, and while taste is subjective, there were a lot fewer threads produced than usual, and the page count was nearly half of what a typical seasonal thread has gotten over the past couple of years (Between 70-100 pages).

Carole and Tuesday being stuck in Netflix purgatory probably didn't help all that much but the season also seemed to lack a lot of good quality, interesting middle of the road shows we've had over the last few seasons in all genres.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Fruits Basket is very good, but it's a remake of something a lot of people have already seen so it doesn't seem to generate as much discussion. Sometimes stellar series generate almost no forum activity; I think the original Mushishi thread only went to ~7 pages or something.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The best anime of the year so far, Run With The Wind, only got like two pages.

This world.....it isnt fair

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
A shame that so few people seemed interested in Sarazanmai, Ikuhara's glorious return to form.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The real shame is that neither season of Hey Your Cat Ears Are Showing got licensed

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Everything Burrito posted:

The real shame is that neither season of Hey Your Cat Ears Are Showing got licensed
That loving sucked (the licensing no-show; the show was cute as heck). Getting the episodes was a pain because no matter which torrent software I tried, they all bounced on me so I had to get crafty.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

The best anime of the year so far, Run With The Wind, only got like two pages.

This world.....it isnt fair

I tried my best to contribute, but it mostly consisted of me yelling OUJI-SAAAAAAAAAN.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ibblebibble posted:

OUJI-SAAAAAAAAAN.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Paracelsus posted:

Fruits Basket is very good, but it's a remake of something a lot of people have already seen so it doesn't seem to generate as much discussion. Sometimes stellar series generate almost no forum activity; I think the original Mushishi thread only went to ~7 pages or something.

Yea I feel like this was a season where many great shows had few or even no posts at all.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Ibblebibble posted:

OUJI-SAAAAAAAAAN.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the AOTY thread is just going to be trying to get a The mountains of Hakone are? every single page

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Srice posted:

Yea I feel like this was a season where many great shows had few or even no posts at all.

There might be too few people in ADTRW these days. :(

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Agronox posted:

There might be too few people in ADTRW these days. :(

I don't think this is true at all-I think there have been more posters making posts in ADTRW (though admittedly this might be anecdotal bias), just that they've been posting much less frequently (thanks discord, Twitter, real life)

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This season just coincided with a real busy period in my life. I was interested in a lot of shows, but just couldn't keep up.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

rename the forums back to VEGETA and ill post again

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Parallax posted:

rename the forums back to VEGETA and ill post again

Aesthete Daimyo Treasures Rare Wares was the pinnacle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I feel like with that Eva thing going on I can say this one more time before I die

*cracks knuckles*
*pops on sunglasses*
*leans back in chair*

"never watch dubs"