Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic Prison Guy

I mispelled "somme" on it thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Glove Bruno

yung swamp thang
y'ever scan them shits? they look great as is but i wanna ogle clinically

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

*pulls out jeweler's loupe*

PRESENT YOUR ART

ChubbyChecker

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

scans might not look better, unless you have a great scanner

deep dish peat moss

I have been hard at work on a ton of things but none of them are really "done" yet

I'm making a game. Here is an almost 5 minute timelapse of a still-not-completed map, set to a bunch of clips of songs I made for the soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na4JxQn114U
(All the music can be heard here https://soundcloud.com/moonrisefandango )
(also I put some of it on spotify just to see what that process was like: https://open.spotify.com/artist/15YsNaVy0YgCian0I5Odnj )

Some of the other maps:

Here is the player character:

And random assorted NPCs:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 19, 2021

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

ChubbyChecker

deep dish peat moss

This thread's been dead a long time but I just put a bunch of my art up for sale in SA-Mart if anyone is interested:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3993569

I can adjust prices to fit your budget I don't mind/won't be offended

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

deep dish peat moss posted:

This thread's been dead a long time but I just put a bunch of my art up for sale in SA-Mart if anyone is interested:

i like ur artz

also: ooh an art thread, for me to art in

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

the unabonger
I wasnt a big fan of my work in this shoot, except for this picture. Idk. I just liked htis one:

I didn't do anyhting to the photo. I just used 40 year old film for it.

the unabonger
FWIW, I like expired film and try to shoot as much as I can on it. I think it does something really nice to colors, and with black and white I think it can make the contrasts more intense in some places, but also less intense at the same time in different places. But this was just too grainy for my tastes.

deep dish peat moss

Dr. Honked posted:

i like ur artz

also: ooh an art thread, for me to art in

do it, dump all of your art here, i dare you

i flunked out posted:

I wasnt a big fan of my work in this shoot, except for this picture. Idk. I just liked htis one:

I'm not into cars but yeah this is a great shot, it looks very idyllic summer afternoon and the way b&w makes the paint job on the car match the sky/trees above the car is a cool effect, compositionally there's like a big zig-zag or > of contrast that draws the eye back and forth, or even kind of a spiral I guess that ends up at the engine

if it was shot just a liiiiitle bit lower it would be a perfect fibonacci (but probably not as good of a car pic):

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 16, 2022

Macnult

always happy seeing your art

i flunked out posted:

this is really cool dude. i don't know much about cars but i like that car

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Pur-chased!

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Literally A Person

Smugworth Wuz Here
Ddpm, you still doing t-shirts and sweatshirts and whatnot?

SIDS Vicious

here is my last few pieces

Panda, watercolors

(m)Other, watercolors

Slow Boy, watercolors

Caleb Bradham, watercolors

All That's Left After All Was Said, watercolor and ink

Hundred Acre Wood, watercolor and ink

and this is my piece i am most excited about, its the first time i have ever attempted to take an idea from my brain and make it real

Bus Stop Boxer, watercolors

wow that was an old sig lol
chec k out my drawings the sidsons :)

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Sid, you're awesome

SIDS Vicious

i painted this eye and another eye for some practice

ChubbyChecker

BONER X posted:

here is my last few pieces

Panda, watercolors

(m)Other, watercolors

Slow Boy, watercolors

Caleb Bradham, watercolors

All That's Left After All Was Said, watercolor and ink

Hundred Acre Wood, watercolor and ink

and this is my piece i am most excited about, its the first time i have ever attempted to take an idea from my brain and make it real

Bus Stop Boxer, watercolors

those are really cool!

but i think that the first one is a dog actually

Macnult

ChubbyChecker posted:

those are really cool!

but i think that the first one is a dog actually

deep dish peat moss

Sid I saw your post in the CC daily doodles thread about having aphantasia, i also have aphantasia so I wanted to ask - have you ever tried just drawing chaotic abstract stuff like this, where you draw actual shapes but not in any kind of Euclidean/sensible perspective or placement or setting?

Basically since I can't like, picture a place or thing in my head and then transcribe it to paper, I have a stable of simple shapes and objects that I draw - eyes, skylines, mountains, sand dunes, etc. I draw one, then I draw others branching out from it, then I draw lines to separate the piece into sections and then I fill those sections up with more shapes. A lot of the time as I'm looking at the arbitrary lines I drew I start to see hints of new shapes in them or I get ideas for little mini-scenes that I'll draw right there without the pressure of needing to really conceptually understand what I'm drawing or 'finish' it. And over time from doing that enough I've learned/practiced enough new shapes and objects to add them to my stable of things I can actually draw, and now I can sit down and sketch my weird ADHD-riddled aphantasic thoughts and actually turn them into something visible, which was kinda profound personally. Then over even more time I've kinda figured out how to arrange those shapes into more sensible pieces and landscapes. It's helped me learn to draw without the need for reference photos or whatever - it may not look 'realistic' but it's definitely evocative of what it's intended to be
(I still loosely trace outlines/poses/general shapes of things a lot of the time though, tracing has helped me a lot with learning how to draw characters as an aphantasic)

Your art is always cool and has a unique spin on it and I think you have the right kind of mind to like uhh, visually transcribe "thoughts" onto paper instead of "images", if that makes sense.

I drew that thing I posted while suffering from a migraine and it is my visual representation of my thoughts about/during the migraine - and a few migraine sufferers I have shown it to totally picked up on that and it felt good :3:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 16, 2022

SIDS Vicious

i must admit ive never tried to just do like geometric shapes, the one with the mushroom cloud i just made up the mountains etc but i used pictures of cell towers and a picture of a mushroom cloud as references, this eye i just looked at an eye for the basic outline and filled in the rest myself and i think it turned out very good for just an eye. do you have insanely vivid visual dreams while sleeping like i do? it seems like all of my visual memory is saved for while i sleep and then it vanishes upon waking

deep dish peat moss

I smoke way too much weed to have dreams :smith: I honestly don't know if I see anything in my dreams, I'm pretty sure I do, but I can't recall any imagery by the time I wake up and I couldn't describe what anything looked like even when I know that I knew what it looked like in the dream. Also whenever I do remember like, a nightmare, it leaves me feeling shook for days so I imagine they are pretty vivid. I've heard that's a thing - aphantasics having very vivid imagery in dreams.

Drawing realistic eyes is pretty new to me and I picked it up after tracing a few photos of eyes, historically they've always just been "draw a weird football then put circles inside"

deep dish peat moss

Literally A Person posted:

Ddpm, you still doing t-shirts and sweatshirts and whatnot?

Kinda, I still have a threadless store up here:
https://bleaksploitation.threadless.com/

I haven't added to it in forever though and I never really marketed it anywhere. Unfortunately the artist cut isn't really enough to make it sustainable unless you're selling tons, so I haven't put much time into building it out :( But I still get a few bucks any time someone buys something. I think I made like $40 off of it in the ~1.5 years it has been up lmao

I would like to get into doing band merch and show posters though so maybe I should start it back up

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 16, 2022

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Some stuff of late

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Just finished my first oil pastel painting. I watched a how-to video, had some good tips.

FutonForensic

Viginti Septem posted:

Just finished my first oil pastel painting. I watched a how-to video, had some good tips.

looks great, and I feel great looking at it

SIDS Vicious

ive been painting these little friends in gbs and my wife loves them and asked me to make a full sized little friend of ninetails so this is the first ever big friend

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Your art arrived today! Thank you, it's incredible!

deep dish peat moss

:hellyeah: It's cool to think that some of my art is hanging in various homes that I'll never visit now, I'm glad you like it!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
It's sitting right on my desk. And no joke, Kacie was hypnotized by it. I thought I was going to need to intervene for a second.sge just kept staring straight at the center of it.

ChubbyChecker

Viginti Septem posted:

It's sitting right on my desk. And no joke, Kacie was hypnotized by it. I thought I was going to need to intervene for a second.sge just kept staring straight at the center of it.

lol

SIDS Vicious

i painted my favorite smt demon (: idk if he also says heho but heho nonetheless

redm

BONER X posted:

i painted my favorite smt demon (: idk if he also says heho but heho nonetheless

that looks cool keep it up :henget:

sig by Manifisto

SIDS Vicious

redm posted:

that looks cool keep it up :henget:

i think i have done about two dozen actual paintings now and about two hundred small things or doodly paintings (:

redm

i had seen you mention in gbs at some point that you were painting now and i think its great and cant wait to see what else you produce :haibrow:

sig by Manifisto

ChubbyChecker

BONER X posted:

you're really good

deep dish peat moss

Viginti Septem posted:

That is very funny and good to hear :3: when I first started drawing my goal was to kind of mimic the samizdat (ala infinite jest) and create art that would sort of 'trap' peoples' consciousnesses into looking at and getting lost in it. Like I developed this whole sort of fractrued abstract style I use a lot that features nonsensible mixes of scenery and facial features because I thought it might trigger whatever subconscious threat recognition and/or facial recognition process the brain has going on and make the subconscious mind go "wait what the hell is that? keep looking" :laugh:

I've been keeping pretty close to finishing 1 drawing a day for the last 8 days!

BONER X posted:

You've always got really cool shading with such raw watercolor, I really like the way you always have shading lines that let the watercolor bleed a bit it looks super rad

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 15, 2022

SIDS Vicious

free range pepperoni watercolors and ink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker

BONER X posted:

free range pepperoni watercolors and ink

lol :nice: