Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
did this yesterday, wanted to try something new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.

Yeah, it's poured acrylic paint. Basically I filled a cup with different colored layers of paint and poured it out across the canvas. Then you pick up and tilt the canvas to let the paint run across it, attempting to control the distortions of the patterns. Different methods of pouring make different effects. This was my first time trying this, but I'm going to keep experimenting.

I love your interpretation, I can't unsee that giant rooster lol. I kinda see the whole image as a ship cresting a wave and trying to outrun a storm at twilight. The upper right is like the moon and coming darkness, while the upper left is waning daylight. Different percieved imagery, but a similar emotion for sure.

Honestly, one of my favorite things about art is that as soon as it reaches the public it belongs to everyone. There's no wrong answers about how a piece makes an individual feel. One friend thought my painting was peaceful cliffs at a beach, and another called it a "psychedelic dong" and I just laughed my rear end off. Perception is beautiful.

Jedrick

Smoke weed every day.
I did another one.

Jedrick

Smoke weed every day.

catapede posted:

Love the art in this thread =3

I don't draw enough, but here's my belated cat in pen and chalk. She was a grumpy girl with a heart of gold.

So good, the grumpiness is palpable! You should do a series of different cats.

Jedrick

Smoke weed every day.
That camera is v cool. This thread is full of dope creative people. Good job.

I've been taking pictures and down-resing them into CGA colour pallets.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jedrick

Smoke weed every day.
Trying out acrylic swiping today. This one is still drying. I think I might present it upside down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedrick

Smoke weed every day.
Here's another work in progress: