Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macnult

one of the many cool things about byob is that it has a lot of good artists.

please dump your art here, we'd love to see it!

--
Link to Bacalou's original thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770636

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

here's an alstroemeria i sketched to pass time in between my classes:

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

:love: thread off to a great start, still love seeing your art

thanks! i hope i get to see some mouse-related works of yours :)

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

thanks man, i haven't done anything mouse related in a while so i whipped up a quick and dirty charcoal mouse for this thread:

:love:
it's fantastic

Macnult

pixaal posted:

I really love the line work in the flower. It's very nice. I think with some color added you might even have something you could put on canvas and sell if you wanted to pursue that. I think I'm just not into flowers no famous flower paintings have done much for me beyond appreciating the skill involved in making the art. Your skill really does show and I don't want to undercut that just because I'm not interested in the subject matter of the piece.

thanks! i only really drew it for the sake of linework practice and for something to draw. i do love flowers though

Macnult

Android Blues posted:

i was looking for the old art dump recently. will post some things when i get home!

:peanut:

Sprue posted:

Here's a blurry pic of a lil black bear I did

It's in honor of a bear that was hanging out at our place and pissing off the dogs. 🐻 Where are you now, Daryl the baryl???

I like it! Is that permanent inkwork?

Macnult

Sprue posted:

Thanks and yes it is,I've been doing hand poke tattoos for a while, I really enjoy it

Nice it looks awesome! I always love good inkwork

blaise rascal posted:

Thanks for making this thread!

Sketch of a coworker.

“You made me look old.” - his response

I started to sketch out the sunglasses on his brim then forgot about them until it was too late

thanks for posting in it! they don’t look old lol

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

well if the coworker was a toddler then yes, he indeed made him look old

:colbert:

you’re right, I never considered the coworker’s actual age

Macnult

redm posted:

told to post these from the chat thread, theres a third one in there I posted already as well

this is really cool! I’m a sucker for art with found objects

Android Blues posted:

So my big project lately has been a modular "paper doll" style document for putting together character portraits. I have a base head + shoulders, then I've slowly been working on a library of eyes, eyebrows, hairstyles, mouths, noses, skin tones, etc, that you can swap in to generate new looks. It's been hard work, but it's coming along really well, and I'm close to finishing the project.

Here are some of the results! These are just illustrative, there are hundreds of possible combinations so far. It is really fun and really rewarding to see how elements drawn in isolation combine in unexpected ways!

Nice! I’ve always wanted to try something like this. I can only imagine how long it takes to put it all together - the only thing I can compare it to is drawing different mouths when animating in the past

Macnult

Android Blues posted:

a while, but not as long as you might think! definitely an ongoing project though - but it's really rewarding because of the multiplicative aspect. every new thing you draw creates a bunch of new "potential" pictures through combining it with previous drawings. so just like sitting down for five minutes and drawing a new nose makes you feel pretty good because one new nose = many potential new faces!
You’re doing great with it :)

Uxzuigal posted:

Custom BYOB Art, Brought to you by yours truely...

:love: :love: :love:

I love the scribbly textures in this

Macnult

FlaxAxis posted:

is it ok with everyone if I post hoverboard guy in here?
he's the only thing I've drawn in years and my girlfriend really liked it

I might keep redrawing him until I get it right. don't feel like I quite captured his je ne sais quoi

this is more than okay. this is fantastic

Resting Lich Face posted:

YEEEEEESSSSSS! Hahahah it's great.

Macnult

Recently I’ve been combining drawings with stream of consciousness writing and having a lot of fun with it:

Macnult

FlaxAxis posted:

I don't feel like I'm getting any closer
this is definitely carl on a hoverboard, but hbg was...
ok, imagine if everyone rode hoverboards everywhere, like it was the primary mode of transportation
and the guy who least wanted to get off the couch had to go to the dmv or something on his day off, hungover
it was like that

anyway, derail over. back to your regularly scheduled art

lmao I love it. thank you for the art

Macnult

Resting Lich Face posted:

Is that a one line drawing?

mostly. I did lift up at some parts but only to adjust my hand

Macnult

here’s another one:

Macnult

FlaxAxis posted:

it's definitely a style.
I could see this being a whole webcomic or instagram page or something

thanks! i tend to sell more than i post, but I do have the ones i like the most on my insta

Macnult

vanisher posted:

I tried to draw what my daughter told me to draw and this is what was created

your daughter is a fantastic artistic director

h*ck yeah

Fredrik1 posted:

I don't think I posted this before, I'm very proud of having this drawing in hypnospace outlaw which is a good game.

never seen or played it, but I like it!

Macnult

hamjobs posted:

post that frickin instagram, i wanna follow your art

one line drawings with your stream of consciousness narrative would be an amazing comic for real, and i would invest at least $5 a month to see them

sent you a pm. my handle has my real name and I don’t wanna doxx myself

Macnult

Android Blues posted:

buy potions! fine potions!!

i'm working on clutter assets and thought this would be a nice place to share progress

this is super cool

Macnult

this is really good gsjg

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

here's a drunken cat in charcoal to hopefully keep this beautiful thread alive

your art style always warms my heart luvcow

Macnult

Android Blues posted:

this is non-visual art but i composed this tonight and i think it sounds pretty nice!

i like it! also gotchu on that tumblr follow :cheers:

Macnult

Jedrick posted:

did this yesterday, wanted to try something new

Jedrick posted:

I did another one.

i love these, they make me think of a really groovy jupiter

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

hoping to jumpstart this thread because it's beautiful and i want to see everyone's art

i have a new student in my sketch class who's into horse's and these are one's i did with them using a b5 pencil a couple week's ago during 1 hour class:

and this last week they wanted to do something different so we went with silhouette and the shapes of trees:

thanks for sharing these luvcow, they’re beautiful and it looks like you’re a great teacher :love:

very happy to see your signature style on that last one :)

Macnult

i love both of those cats

Macnult

Android Blues posted:

gettin laid off and then quarantine had me art blocked for months, but i finally drew something!

a giant anteater! probably gonna animate them + touch up the lines a bit but this felt really healing to do

love it! if i were a videogame character i would befriend that anteater

okiedoke posted:

That's rad! I didn't remember this thread was a thing. I can dump my paintings here instead of making GBS threads up the chat thread.

:justpost:

Macnult

Macnult

thanks y’all i had fun drawing/writing it :)

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

i would also like to link your other magical thread in gbs today:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3936469&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

forklin is adorable

big fan of forklin

nut posted:

x-posting from making out with ben bcuz i think i made art

lmao

Macnult

lol thanks man. i’ve gotten a few print requests for it so if you’re interested i’ll hit you up

Macnult

okiedoke posted:

Mac, those single line drawings are so good. Here's something I whipped up. I've been distracted painting a warhammer squad, but mini dudes make my eyes hurt after a while. http://imgur.com/gallery/k2cAgfj

i love the texture you got out of them!!

Macnult

The Saucer Hovers posted:

last medicine lei i did. sea glass collected, drilled, and strung by my hand

i’ve never seen anything like this before. do you mostly work with this process?

The Saucer Hovers posted:

yall are very kind thank you. ill drop one more and shut up

img share

sea ceramics lamp with interchangeable sea marbles

dear lord you are a crafty individual and it’s awesome

Macnult

i really like the mixture of scanned drawings with digital additions. those shaded clouds are gonna be so worth it i feel like

Macnult

i like the brightness of the clouds. it looks like there's a lot going on, but with a lighter color it feels less overwhelming

Macnult

from a few days ago

Macnult

i’m digging the progress you’ve made with it. have you thought about experimenting with clouds in the sky? it might carry over from the previous thing you were working on

Macnult

deep dish peat moss posted:

I got a tablet and I've been working on this to figure out how to use it

love how clean this looks

Macnult

i’ve been seeing all the works you’re churning out on your ig and have been loving all of them

Macnult

that’s really cool. did you take those photos with that camera?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

deep dish peat moss posted:

I've been trying to draw but I keep going in circles

really big fan of this one