Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yesssssssssssssssssssss. Rise and shine, ursine! :3:

DRV3 is my favourite of the DR games cause it's completely loving nuts. So excited to follow this LP. Will you be doing full videos of the trials like FPZero did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ZeButler posted:

It's stated in the OP that the LPer's going to be doing exactly that.

:doh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
To be honest, nobody should experience Ultra Despair Girls

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

curiousCat posted:

A very good avatar choice, and I love Kaede so much. A protagonist with a personality.

Yeah, she's way better than Naegi and Hajime.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ibblebibble posted:

She's thirsty as gently caress and I respect her for that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

For a second I thought I was reading the same update again.

What same update? :tinfoil:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MonsterEnvy posted:

Reading out in this format is the first time I have noticed Tsumugi's habit of stating stuff is plain.

It's plain to see!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Whole lotta degenerate males posting in this thread :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kokichi motherfucking Oma

Best character in the franchise :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Also Kiyo is a creeper who needs to step off :mad:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I was going to talk about how much Ryoma rules but I forgot. I guess I still got a ways to go :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
A nice bunch of characters to round us off. A badass maid, a Scientologist, a gentleman and of course, the Luminary of the Stars :patriot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BlazeEmblem posted:

I don't mind how Gonta speaks. What I mind is that the Ultimate Entomologist is calling insects bugs :argh:.

BLAZEEMBLEM NOT LIKE BUGS? :ssj:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Soltair, there's a couple of spots where you're still using character names to indicate who's speaking instead of portraits. Not sure if it was intentional or not but mentioning it in case you missed them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Soltair, that is amazing job of presenting DR1 in a concise fashion, well done. And thanks for reminding me how much Yamada suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Rith posted:

I have a lot of affection for characters who make horrible decisions and then regret it, so it hit me hard when I realised Mondo hadn't been planning a murder; he'd killed Chihiro in a single strike and then realised he'd hosed up. I got slightly tearful at the revelation that all his changes to the crime scene hadn't been to cover his tracks; they'd been to preserve Chihiro's secret, because there was nothing else he could do for the kid now.

Yeah, the end of case 2 is brutal. Although not quite as brutal as the end of case 2 in DR2...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FoolyCharged posted:

DR1 case 2 has a big moment where after you figure out who done it you expect to need to hammer the point home against the killer given how long leon drug things out and then Mondo just goes silent and his friend is so in denial that the climax is convincing the friend to face the truth. Between that and the work they put into painting leon as a terrified kid they really tried to paint the early killers in a sympathetic light.

Oh totally. The only characters in the game who really come across as messed up are Junko and Celeste. The others are decent people in an insanely lovely and stressful situation and some are going to snap under those extreme circumstances. I think it's one of the strengths of the game that they don't go too heavy on murderbots.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Oh totally. The only characters in the game who really come across as messed up are Junko and Celeste.

Laughing now that I made this post and totally ignored the serial killer with multiple personalities.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Case 2 continues the tradition of being a real dick punch :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadmeat5150 posted:

You forgot to mention Gundam being the best character in the series.

That's a funny way of spelling Ibuki

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is a franchise where Hagakure and Soda both made it through their games unscathed so clearly Kiyo is gonna be fine.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, UDG is pure :yikes:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lord_Magmar posted:

Oh, so the way she survives isn't even surgery, he just cuts her head so perfectly that it flies straight up, he removes the collar, the head lands back on her body and immediately re-attaches because I dunno loving bullshit luck.

What the actual gently caress

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Miu is the loving best, in every sense of the term

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If there's 3 people left then obviously 2 people team up to kill the third :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Godammit Miu

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I like how this game does not gently caress around with revealing the premise here

Kokichi is such a little poo poo :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quackles posted:

Tsumugi Shirogane is best girl. Calling it RIGHT now.

It's plain to see!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kaede has deep knowledge on piano concertos, I'd say that counts

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quackles posted:

Was Kayayday listed on the poll? I can't see her.

You can't spend free time with yourself!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kokichi wouldn't have sexually assaulted us. Just sayin'

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Solitair posted:

As y'all might guess from this update, Miu will not be available for this next couple of Free Time Events. Should I go with the runner-up from the original poll or start a new one entirely?

Pretty sure if you did a new vote Kokichi would win it anyway.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You're all plainly very unobservent.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
God Kokichi, you're such a little poo poo :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Welp

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Solitair posted:

I am a strong, sensual woman. Do not underestimate me.

Preach it, sister!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ramble Ramble

Ramble Ramble

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sindai posted:

you could say it was the last thing that went through Rantaro's mind

:golfclap:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

goblin week posted:

Gonta is good.

Gonta is a fine upstanding gentleman :unsmith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ladies/gentlemen, you are heroes :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

Cospox is a strong candidate for the stupidest thing in the entire Dangan Ronpa franchise.

You're just plain wrong :colbert: