Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Is my lifelong, diehard, definitely haven't forgotten they existed since the NCAA tournament started, fandom of the Birmingham uhh metal of some sort, coming to a tragic end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I don't understand the whole "we need practice squad players almost no one has ever heard of to survive"

If you really need players to move the ratings, then they should be going after guys like Mettenberger, who had a good NFL season, followed by a bad one and then disappeared. Even the Trent Richardson experiment has worked out pretty well for them. If anything, they should try chasing regional guys who were good enough to have Division 1 interest, but couldn't put together the grades. Along with guys who the NFL think are undersized.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:rip:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1113119330185736192?s=19

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:smith:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Terrible news.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I crown thee, Arizona Hotshots, as AAF Interim Champeens. They finished 1st in the toughest division in AAF history AND were the only team to beat the Apollo's.

Retiring on top. The way it should be. Ride off into that desert sunset you beautiful beautiful bastards.

#GOSHOTS

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1113120390073716736

:fork:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Wow. They really didn't even give themselves a chance did they? That's really too bad. You'd think before launching they would've collected enough money to get through the first loving season. This is just embarrassing

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So who gets the trophy

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the aaf is worse than the xfl

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Play posted:

Wow. They really didn't even give themselves a chance did they? That's really too bad. You'd think before launching they would've collected enough money to get through the first loving season. This is just embarrassing

It sounds like it's strictly dundon pulling the purse away, they said after his investment they had enough to keep the league going for like a decade or something

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
This is loving bullshit

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

syzpid posted:

I don't understand the whole "we need practice squad players almost no one has ever heard of to survive"

If you really need players to move the ratings, then they should be going after guys like Mettenberger, who had a good NFL season, followed by a bad one and then disappeared. Even the Trent Richardson experiment has worked out pretty well for them. If anything, they should try chasing regional guys who were good enough to have Division 1 interest, but couldn't put together the grades. Along with guys who the NFL think are undersized.

I think the idea was if they got NFL practice squad guys the NFL pays their salary so the AAF doesn't have to

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Tom "Trump" Dundon

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

How long until we find out this was a favor to Vince McMahon?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Benne posted:

So who gets the trophy

Obviously the Apollos who have by far the best record. #TakeAim

https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/1113124154847375360?s=19

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 2, 2019

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
If true, gently caress this guy.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1113123410215952386?s=19

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Benne posted:

So who gets the trophy

They've had to pawn to trophy off to pay the hot dog guys.

It's on the next episode of Pawn Stars.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

If the AAF really didn't need that cash infusion at the beginning of the season then letting Dundon in is basically a Scorpion and the Frog tale.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Woooooooooow. What a slimey move if true.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If a secondary football league that’s officially backed by the NFL can’t work out then there will NEVER be one that does.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

they ded

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If a secondary football league that’s officially backed by the NFL can’t work out then there will NEVER be one that does.

Did the NFL really "support" it, though, or rather "allow it to exist through a loose affiliation with the league and promise not to sue them out of existence?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Did the NFL really "support" it, though, or rather "allow it to exist through a loose affiliation with the league and promise not to sue them out of existence?

It was supposed to support it. It was supposed to be a feeder league. I mean each AAF team had 4 NFL franchise affiliations so yeah it should have...but here we are. I wonder how much of this is due to Condon being a snake.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

so they could have burned out after 2 weeks instead of 2 months?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Raku posted:

This is loving bullshit

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hotshots are champs, on account of them beating the Apollos and leading their division.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
So the AAF was developing some proprietary gambling app that someone though was worth $70 million?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Gonz posted:

Hotshots are champs, on account of them beating the Apollos and leading their division.

:hfive:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/dkaplanSBJ/status/1113118545620201473

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

This is all too soon, it's happening so quickly. No time to mourn. Someone hold me.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Somebody make a Thanos snap meme

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Personified representation of the San Diego Fleet, on its deathbead- "It... it was going to be great. Everything was in place to move to Los Angeles"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ConorOrr/status/1113127847382716417

So uhhhhh what else is CBS gonna put on as their Final Four lead-in

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
If the NFL wants a feeder league NFL owners will have to maintain majority ownership.

RIP AAF you were to beautiful for this world.

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/ConorOrr/status/1113127847382716417

6 hours of hype coverage.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Manziel killed the league.

I declare the Salt Lake Stallions champions...of my heart.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Congrats to Johnny Manziel on burnin his bridges in the cfl and having no place to play outside like Mexico.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

weird Asian candy posted:

This is all too soon, it's happening so quickly. No time to mourn. Someone hold me.

I'll give you a pat on the back but don't get all handsy

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

General Dog posted:

Somebody make a Thanos snap meme

Saw one a few weeks ago that was the snap into a cinnamon challenge video which was pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Benne posted:

Ron Popeil

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Congrats to Johnny Manziel on burnin his bridges in the cfl and having no place to play outside like Mexico.

XFL starts next year