Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I don't understand the whole "we need practice squad players almost no one has ever heard of to survive"

If you really need players to move the ratings, then they should be going after guys like Mettenberger, who had a good NFL season, followed by a bad one and then disappeared. Even the Trent Richardson experiment has worked out pretty well for them. If anything, they should try chasing regional guys who were good enough to have Division 1 interest, but couldn't put together the grades. Along with guys who the NFL think are undersized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I feel like the bigger problem was that they needed Dundon at all. They claimed they had more then enough money to get through multiple seasons, and the first weeks paychecks were missed due to what they claimed was a glitch. To top it all off, they let Dundon make a deal that allowed him to pull his funding at virtually any time.

It's even dumber to burn through 70 million of your money just so you can hijack a gambling app?

This whole thing is so incredibly dumb.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Maybe someone can explain to me how Topps already has a Johnny Manziel Memphis Express card?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Topps...sMAAOSwRXNcmFk7

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Wait, didn't they have a few pre-season games too? Did no one get paid for those? Why did they even have a pre-season when they only had enough money for one week?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
apparently the AAF was paying the networks to air the games, and it looked like none of the networks were planing to pay for the games, which is why Dundon shut it down.

I sort of can't believe that? With as well as the AAF games were doing ratings wise, and how desperate networks seem to be for live sports, they weren't willing to pay anything for the AAF?