Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I like when I turn on the dynamic seats for the passenger and take curves. Had to replace the rear tires last week. That was a painful +700. Apparently an odd size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Colostomy Bag posted:

I like when I turn on the dynamic seats for the passenger and take curves. Had to replace the rear tires last week. That was a painful +700. Apparently an odd size.

See, I read that and think 700 for rear tires is fine, and wonder how much a broken seat costs.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah, I try not to abuse the seats. Nice thing about the fronts are it has a large removable cover in the back to get to stuff. Now if a bolster goes bad...

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Residency Evil posted:

See, I read that and think 700 for rear tires is fine, and wonder how much a broken seat costs.

its only cause they have to have 95 y speed/weight rating and are like 275s i believe. lucky for me I work at a tire depot.
And even if they dynamic seats or whatever do break, your still left with mighty nice seats.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 20, 2019

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I was helping a friend move yesterday....

Saw a S65 AMG with V12 biturbo badging parked in front of his new apartment. While unloading the truck, the owner of the AMG came out. Turns out it's his next door neighbor.

It sounded glorious when his neighbor left (and friend's 16 year old stepson was equally awestruck). I didn't dare ask how much time it spends in the shop, though.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 29, 2019

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Speaking of 18 cylinders, I just learned that the owner of the mystery V10 S6 in the parking lot in our apartment complex is the same guy who owns the V8 650i... :stare:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

bolind posted:

Speaking of 18 cylinders, I just learned that the owner of the mystery V10 S6 in the parking lot in our apartment complex is the same guy who owns the V8 650i... :stare:

Before I got my S600 I looked into getting a V10 S6. Can't remember why I dismissed it (and I looked up the $3,000 headers to make it sound like a Lambo) but I think it should have been quicker than what it was.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Mom came to visit for the day with her friend from Russia. Took em on a 150 ish mile cruise up through the mountains round Netherland and the long way to Boulder. Car didnt miss a beat and only burned a quarter tank! So far nearly 1800 miles on the car since i got it. *knocks on wood*. Did i find a unicorn?! Drained litteraly a quarter cup of oil out of it and it seamed to cure the excess oil notice popping up when it gets hot. While in the air i noticed the front ball joints have not fixed themselves. Lifting the tire up, exposes about a solid quarter inch to half inch worth of play on both sides. Parts ordered. Looks like just 3 bolts, from cradle, to strut to knuckle. It cant be that easy can it?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Knock on wood...I haven't had an issue in over a year and half after I got everything sorted. S class gets a bad rap, but that is mostly from the w220.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Preoptopus: I went out to Bandimere for Club Clash with Mike Hoover and his crew two Fridays past as hes now running mid-low 12s in a 05 S600 with a Kleemann tune on it that he has all of $2500 into:

Im sure Mike would be tickled to have another S class buddy out there any time you can make it. Sadly I dont think the next Club Clash event is until like mid-late July but he regularly goes out for Test & Tunes on Wednesdays and I need to go out too to get some passes with the wagon, would be fun to see what your car will do!

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Tremek posted:

Preoptopus: I went out to Bandimere for Club Clash with Mike Hoover and his crew two Fridays past as he’s now running mid-low 12s in a ‘05 S600 with a Kleemann tune on it that he has all of $2500 into:

I’m sure Mike would be tickled to have another S class buddy out there any time you can make it. Sadly I don’t think the next Club Clash event is until like mid-late July but he regularly goes out for Test & Tunes on Wednesdays and I need to go out too to get some passes with the wagon, would be fun to see what your car will do!

poo poo that would be dope to come out and meet up fore sure. Mike and you seem exactly like the people I should be associating myself with. Don't know about a pull tho the tranny has a tendency to kick into second so I never floor it from first

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Preoptopus posted:

poo poo that would be dope to come out and meet up fore sure. Mike and you seem exactly like the people I should be associating myself with. Don't know about a pull tho the tranny has a tendency to kick into second so I never floor it from first

A couple pulls will solve the problem. One way or another.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

meatpimp posted:

A couple pulls will solve the problem. One way or another.

Do You think air flat delete will solve the problem?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
So classic as gently caress. Put my two control arms in. The job was cake and the arms cost me 400 bucks for both. Benz quoted me 7 something. The noise they were making started being less annoying and became actually alarming. 95 degrees today I'm driving in slow traffic sans squeaks and pops with a smile untill the check engine lit up. Engine temp was like high 80s C. My scan tools at work will scoop it tomarrow. No loss of power or noticible misfire. The gas gauge was being weird tho and jumping a bit. Hopefully it's something evap related.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jul 4, 2019

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Welp its the All mighty p0300. But my little pocket scanner could not reset the code for whatever reason. Time to get the beemer working and save for a coil pack i guess. :( Its all good tho! Push onward.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Do you mind if I dump a post for my weirdo S600 stuff? Don't want to overtake your thread my friend.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Please do!!! All v12 problems invited

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
If your zonda is sputtering please post about it here.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Weird issue I have (besides the other one) is the AC won't kick in. I have it going into my indy Monday. Around 50% of the time it will fire off. I'm thinking it is probably a pound low or so not to tigger.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Refrigerant does escape over time even in a sealed system. Just one of those things.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah. Got another issue. ABS light kicked on. Hopefully my DAS/STAR system still fires up. Hopefully just a wheel sensor.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I just ran a complete check with my scan tool. Weirdly inhale two speed sensor codes. But my and or Trac lights arnt on. The scan tool confirmed my worst fears. Left bank coil. I turned the light off well see if it comes back on. so fingers crossed.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Fired the old gal up. ABS light gone.

I'll probably dig into more over the weekend.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Oh btw, how many miles on the pack? They crap out around 70,000.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
83k lol

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Probably know this but there is the v12 coil guy that does a swap out.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Yea out of Cali somewhere? I'm prolly gonna go that route. Cleared the codes had like 4 short drive cycles and it did not come back on.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
gently caress it popped on this morning.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I haven't used him but heard he is reliable. Might as well do plugs "while" your in there. Got to love that there 12 on each side.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Finally got around to running DAS. It's been awhile. Fortunately laptop still worked with some futzing. Amazing what shows up with the "quick" test. You would think the car was ready to implode. :v:

Gave me sort of a clue to what triggered the ABS (which disappeared after second start). BAS, which is I'm assuming body angle sensor. Which makes sense given the first time it triggered was going over quite a steep rail road grade. Second time was cracking down a interstate on ramp and hitting a minor grade change.

Ahh the joys.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Colostomy Bag posted:

Finally got around to running DAS. It's been awhile. Fortunately laptop still worked with some futzing. Amazing what shows up with the "quick" test. You would think the car was ready to implode. :v:

Gave me sort of a clue to what triggered the ABS (which disappeared after second start). BAS, which is I'm assuming body angle sensor. Which makes sense given the first time it triggered was going over quite a steep rail road grade. Second time was cracking down a interstate on ramp and hitting a minor grade change.

Ahh the joys.

Yea i cant imagine running DAS on mine. The snappy alone makes me quiver when it does a system scan. A million CAN bus codes.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Well back from the shop from looking at the AC. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

They ran a diag (which I did before). Guy brought out the printout which was 30 pages of fault codes (he told me 'we killed a tree') but they were mostly stored codes due to a bad a battery I replaced a few months back. So they sucked out the refrigerant, did a vacuum test then added the proper amount. Was around .7 lbs short so hopefully that takes care of the problem. Had to laugh when I saw where the high side fitting was. It is in front behind a plastic door. Then they did an adaptive procedure on the compressor and blend doors.

Next up, getting the lower side door exterior trim replaced that fell off. Somehow the left is $3 more than the right. Have to laugh.

Colostomy Bag fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 8, 2019

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Colostomy Bag posted:

Well back from the shop from looking at the AC. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

They ran a diag (which I did before). Guy brought out the printout which was 30 pages of fault codes (he told me 'we killed a tree') but they were mostly stored codes due to a bad a battery I replaced a few months back. So they sucked out the refrigerant, did a vacuum test then added the proper amount. Was around .7 lbs short so hopefully that takes care of the problem. Had to laugh when I saw where the high side fitting was. It is in front behind a plastic door. Then they did an adaptive procedure on the compressor and blend doors.

Next up, getting the lower side door exterior trim replaced that fell off. Somehow the left is $3 more than the right. Have to laugh.

Man Ive noticed that the 4 way climate control is super smart in its theory. Like it will actually blow a very high temp ac into your face when you have the heat on so you dont get hot air in your face but the feet are a furnace. Balancing it all out and making it very comfortable. I also noticed that the rear center console doesnt blow very cold on the passenger rear. Its a very seemingly stupid problem to have but even worse i have no idea how to even begin to diag that.

I dno thinking maybe ill just roll with a p0300 till something else happens? Its supposidly in the left bank. I only think it misses on idle cause its still got plenty of power and i cant feel anything wrong while on the throttle. Deff feel the miss at a stop light tho. Whats the worst that can happen tho, even shittier gas milieage untill coil completely fails and im stuck running on 6 cylinders till i fix it? Somehow i feel its a sign that fucker popped the day i replaced my control arms. So i put in a coil and 24 plugs and then the fuckin ABC goes. Im rolling with the theory of never fixing poo poo keeps your car going. YOu know the guys that pull into your shop for an oil change and holy gently caress the list of problems is a mile long. but they just want their oil change and you tell them countless times how they wont make it to the next one, yet there they are. 5200 miles later. Not a loving thing fixed with a smug expression on their face. "See i told ya she could go to Florida and back!"

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 9, 2019

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I have a theory that cars (all mechanical devices, really) operate on a sort of inverse WH40K Ork principal. The less you know about how they work and the fewer fucks you give about them the more unkillable they'll become.

If you're a car guy or god forbid an actual mechanic? You are straight up hosed. You know when shits wrong, and somehow that is enough to accelerate the decline.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Well, if it ain't a bad misfire might not do much harm...but if gas isn't getting ignited it ends up in the cats and that's not good.

I'm not sure, but do the floor vents blow AC or only heat? I learned the car actually has two evaporator coils. Second on is under the armrest. I had no idea.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeehaw, chrome stripes back on.

Almost feels weird looking at it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Welp, took the S600 for a 750 mile road trip. Talk about a fiasco...

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
That sounds like it'll be cheap and easy to fix.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Colostomy Bag posted:

Welp, took the S600 for a 750 mile road trip. Talk about a fiasco...

i was gonna drive back to wisco but the missfire made me change my mind. I also got the beemer running and been whipping that around on very hot days.
About to leave the benz in uncovered parking at DIA for a week. Hail storm? More like no more car payments!

Residency Evil posted:

That sounds like it'll be cheap and easy to fix.

1200 bucks or so for the coil paclk another 150 or so in spark plugs aint horrble. It is easy to put in at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Heh, about three hours in everything is going ok. This is around a 12 hour drive plus piss breaks, gas station, food etc.

The drat car went to hell after 3 hours. All ok now (no tow, back to normal) will write more after the return from vacation.