Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

STR posted:

German car = "service position" for this kind of stuff.

Audi and VW want service position to change a loving headlight bulb. And frankly, I'd kill for a radiator support that could unbolt like that for any work on the front of the engine. My radiator and condenser have to come out from the bottom; the radiator fan does too, but I discovered you can put a wheel up on a curb to get enough room to wiggle the fan out on my GM.

FYI you absolutely don’t need to take all of that stuff off of an E46 to do the cooling system. The mechanical fans are annoying if you don’t have the special thin wrench and holder (and sometimes even if you do) but it’s no A4/Passat.

Speaking of, I actually really like how service mode works on VW/Audis...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU