Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Preoptopus posted:

i knew it would come with the territory of owning such a car but its starting to bug me the looks I get from others. The hatred is real.

Lol people are so clueless. When we bought our LS430 (for $9k) my neighbor asked me if we won the lottery. Also comments from friends and family about "didn't know you made that much money" Nothing draws ire and judgement quite like a huge gently caress-off luxury sedan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

But if you drive around a $60k pickup truck no one bats an eye.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The automatic boot lid on our LS460 is awesome. It sounds pointless but once you use it a few times you love it.

Also the carved wooden steering wheel is the best most comfortable steering wheel i have ever felt in my hands before I love that also...And, and...

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 14, 2019

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tremek posted:

I detest wood on steering wheels. Our Land Cruiser is wood from ~10 to 2 and again from ~4:30 to 7:30... And the only heated elements are in the leather on the sides.

I would take entirely leather-wrapped (and heated throughout) or Alcantara 100/100 times over wood.

/very first-world problems

I used to feel the same way, and I scoffed at it when I saw it until I wrapped my hands around it and Foreigner played "It Feels Like the First Time" in my head on repeat.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

JFC, dealerships are the worst. Currently dealing with trying to get my car fixed after taking it to the local Toyota dealership for a transmission service, and it somehow magically gets a crack in the radiator after they touch it and now they don't want to be responsible for it. Going to talk to the service manager in person tomorrow should be exactly like the experience you had, dealing with a bunch of idiots I can't wait.

:smithicide:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah I'm in Florida. Thanks for the info, if the service manager doesn't want to help I'll try the GM next and then Toyota directly if he doesn't want to help either.

They quoted me over $1k to replace the loving radiator lol not gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dealership visit went surprisingly well. Must be he thought about our conversation over the phone because as soon as I walked in he said don’t worry I’ll take care of it. Either that or he talked to the tech that worked on my car and he admitted he hosed up. Either way pretty happy they owned it.