Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Preoptopus posted:

Im russian and its the s600 is the butt of all "new russian" jokes so I did it sort of ironically
adidas sweats and a wife beater with a beeny on at the liquor store

Checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Preoptopus posted:

I did sign up for 3 months free sirusXM which is all right i suppose but commercial free or not they mostly play the same poo poo.

Sirius is only okay if you get a heavy discount. I happen to like it (more for the variety + Stern), but I paid $30 for 6 months, and now $5.99/mo (streaming only plan). I also spend 40+ hours a week in the car... (the app is also a bit better than actual satellite service in that it lets you pause, has on-demand content, etc, but it's still fairly buggy).

Once you get an aux input lined up, Slacker is running a special for $9.99 for 1 year of ad-free streaming. I jumped on that today; I alternate between SiriusXM and Slacker.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

22 Eargesplitten posted:

unless scummy companies charging 30% on a salvage title car is a thing.

There's a "dealer" on Facebook Marketplace locally that does almost that.

The good thing is every car they list includes the VIN, and Google so far has always turned up salvage auction photos when I got bored and looked (and they've always been relatively mild wrecks, just written off because the cars are usually 8-12 years old and not worth a whole lot), but they want 10 references, a year's worth of bank statements, no self employment, etc etc etc. And they want 25% APR to finance you in-house. :laffo:

I'd actually consider buying a car from them for cash, more because it's so easy to find the auction photos, they're up front about them buying salvage cars and fixing them, and they're pretty reasonably priced for what they are (and claim repair photos are available). :shrug: But you know they're bending people over on financing, and probably repoing half of the cars they finance.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 13, 2019

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I was helping a friend move yesterday....

Saw a S65 AMG with V12 biturbo badging parked in front of his new apartment. While unloading the truck, the owner of the AMG came out. Turns out it's his next door neighbor.

It sounded glorious when his neighbor left (and friend's 16 year old stepson was equally awestruck). I didn't dare ask how much time it spends in the shop, though.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 29, 2019

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

German car = "service position" for this kind of stuff.

Audi and VW want service position to change a loving headlight bulb. And frankly, I'd kill for a radiator support that could unbolt like that for any work on the front of the engine. My radiator and condenser have to come out from the bottom; the radiator fan does too, but I discovered you can put a wheel up on a curb to get enough room to wiggle the fan out on my GM.