Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

canyoneer posted:

if people want to sit outside by themselves, that's their business. i do get annoyed when they leave their butts laying around though

google THIS posted:

Lawmakers are considering relaxing our public no-sitting laws, so some of us are organizing a smoke-in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal

canyoneer posted:

if people want to sit outside by themselves, that's their business. i do get annoyed when they leave their butts laying around though

harry_bush

canyoneer posted:

uber driver rolls up, i step inside and ask "do you mind if i sit in here?"
he sighs and rolls down the window next to me

but what if you want to smoke weed

Goons Are Gifts

canyoneer posted:

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Won't you stand? Do you want your children to grow up without you because you died of a blood clot? It's not too late think of your children before it is, too late.

Finger Prince

harry_bush posted:

but what if you want to smoke weed

"smoke" weed?.. Oh, you're from that place. No, over here "weed" is a colloquial term for a certain kind of highly relaxing massage chair with these kneading things that just melt the stress out of your muscles and makes you feel really nice. You still sit in it though, which is unhealthy, but it's not as bad as sitting on a stool or some other chair. You can get massaging recliners if you're concerned about the health aspects of a seated massage, but they're pretty expensive.

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
So I'm on a date with this really cute girl and it comes up in conversation that we are both sitters. We both agree that it's almost preferable to date other sitters, so you don't have to deal with the looming stigma. The evening proceeds, and eventually she invites me over. Score. We were having a real good time, we even snuck a sit on the bus over to her place. It was fun at the time, but a real red flag in hindsight. Her house is a little run down, but you know, times are tough so I didn't think much of it. We go inside and yeah, you guessed it, chairs. Not just the stools and folding chairs I'm used to, but big cushioned arm chairs and even a leather loveseat. Now, I've never been one for sitting inside my own home, but being the eternal optimist that I am, I start thinking about how cool it would be to have a friend's place were I could come sit indoors at maximum comfort, while still being able to go home to my own sit free environment. Without saying anything, she drags me over to the loveseat and we both pop a squat. We start making out, while sitting, and it's total sensory overload. For a brief moment, I'm in heaven. Something catches my eye mid-makeout however. Slumped over in the corner, in the most comfortable looking chair I've ever seen, is a skinny old guy with long grey hair and a scuzzy tshirt. He's passed out cold and drooling on himself. What the gently caress. This has me really anxious, like I can't stop looking at this guy in between smooches. Is he okay? Father? Roommate? Before I can ask her any of these questions, she suddenly jumps up from the couch and says "Hey, you wanna go lay down?" She bounds across the room and opens a door to reveal an entire room dedicated to a BED. At this point I'm freaking out, so I awkwardly excuse myself and get the hell out of there. I'll be the first to admit that I enjoy a good sit, but I don't gently caress with that hard stuff.

alnilam

Jedrick posted:

So I'm on a date with this really cute girl and it comes up in conversation that we are both sitters. We both agree that it's almost preferable to date other sitters, so you don't have to deal with the looming stigma. The evening proceeds, and eventually she invites me over. Score. We were having a real good time, we even snuck a sit on the bus over to her place. It was fun at the time, but a real red flag in hindsight. Her house is a little run down, but you know, times are tough so I didn't think much of it. We go inside and yeah, you guessed it, chairs. Not just the stools and folding chairs I'm used to, but big cushioned arm chairs and even a leather loveseat. Now, I've never been one for sitting inside my own home, but being the eternal optimist that I am, I start thinking about how cool it would be to have a friend's place were I could come sit indoors at maximum comfort, while still being able to go home to my own sit free environment. Without saying anything, she drags me over to the loveseat and we both pop a squat. We start making out, while sitting, and it's total sensory overload. For a brief moment, I'm in heaven. Something catches my eye mid-makeout however. Slumped over in the corner, in the most comfortable looking chair I've ever seen, is a skinny old guy with long grey hair and a scuzzy tshirt. He's passed out cold and drooling on himself. What the gently caress. This has me really anxious, like I can't stop looking at this guy in between smooches. Is he okay? Father? Roommate? Before I can ask her any of these questions, she suddenly jumps up from the couch and says "Hey, you wanna go lay down?" She bounds across the room and opens a door to reveal an entire room dedicated to a BED. At this point I'm freaking out, so I awkwardly excuse myself and get the hell out of there. I'll be the first to admit that I enjoy a good sit, but I don't gently caress with that hard stuff.

google THIS

Jedrick posted:

Goons Are Gifts

Jedrick posted:

pixaal

Was it on the back, the side, or stomach? Side is as far as I'll go. The back doesn't look too bad, but just too hardcore. The people that get their lay on belly down scare me. How do you not suffocate?

sig by owlhawk911

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Jedrick posted:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Jedrick posted:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Thinking about trying out some of them Nicorette shoes, ease my way into crouching first then maybe going for a full-blown stand.

Goons Are Gifts

Son, we live in a world that has butts, and those butts have to be protected from men with chairs. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Sitberg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for your hurting feet, and you curse your trained legs. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That not sitting down, while tragic, probably saves lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on your butt, you need me on your butt.
We use words like honor, code, healthiness. We use these words as the backbone of a life standing. You use them as punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who sits and even lies under the blanket of the very healthiness that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way.
Otherwise, I suggest you get up from your chair, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a drat what you think you are entitled to.

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
there's a lot of misinformation out there about so called "gateway seats". there are plenty of people who recreationally and responsibly sit on cushions now and again without ever moving on to the hard surfaces.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i just find it ridiculous that futuristic tv shows about utopian societies like star trek actually show people using seats, just blows my mind that they think that would still be acceptable

super sweet best pal

Luvcow posted:

i just find it ridiculous that futuristic tv shows about utopian societies like star trek actually show people using seats, just blows my mind that they think that would still be acceptable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVIGhYMwRgs

Can you believe they let this filth run?

Goons Are Gifts

Someone really need to censor this entirely, think of the children

google THIS

That one shop that just sells cushions and ottomans and seat covers for "decorative" purposes.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
waiting outside the local convenience store and trying to get an adult to buy me one of those cheap folding camp chairs

xcheopis

Getting up a petition to make "medical sitting" legal in California.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

You know, in sane countries like Canada, people sit in public parks, right on the bench, out in the open. Nobody says "oh, I don't want my children to learn about sitting," while they wait until the kids are asleep in their standing beds, and then the parents go out to the garage and sit all night. Nope. People teach their children to sit responsibly, if they have an interest in sitting. There's been zero increase of sitting while driving incidences, by hundreds of scientific studies. Hell, I even saw the prime minister sitting ON LIVE TELEVISION.

That's why I started the #sitdown campaign. Follow me on Twitter.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

In Uruguay the legal sitting age is fourteen. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
Portugal made all forms of sitting and even laying legal and chair sales went down.

google THIS

"Bad enough we're not rounding all these people up and putting them in jail, now my tax dollars are gonna pay for clean wheelchairs for chain sitters?!"

"They're called paraplegics, grandpa."

"Whatever! drat kids and your political correctness!"

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Look, I'm not gonna lie: I'm a permanent sitter. You heard me, I sit. All the time. I can't control it anymore, it's taken over my life. I sit all day, every day. I even sit at work. You ever have to explain to your boss why you're sitting at your desk, doing work? I have, and let me tell you: I still meet and/or exceed expectations.

vanisher

92 year old, sitting

"Some people just have good genes I guess"

super sweet best pal

"Sorry to bother you at this hour ma'am, but we found your son at a party doing musical chairs. We'll need you to come down to the station and pick him up."

pixaal

on the *other* forums someone just posted this disgusting image

just look at this debauchery! They are trying to get the web-admin to use that! Will people stop at nothing to spread their bad habits?

sig by owlhawk911

Goons Are Gifts

pixaal posted:

on the *other* forums someone just posted this disgusting image

just look at this debauchery! They are trying to get the web-admin to use that! Will people stop at nothing to spread their bad habits?

Oh my god, please NMS that, this is destroying me

super sweet best pal

Keep that in The Couchhead Clubhouse

google THIS

20 Ways to "Just Say No"

1. No way, man. Sitting is "off fleek."
  2. No thanks. I would rather recline at table, like Jesus.
  3. Chairs are for squares.
  4. Benches are for wenches.
  5. Sofas are for loafas. (loafers)
  6. Stools are for tools.
  7. Swings are for dingalings.
  8. Adirondacks are wack.
  9. Taking a seat is for the defeat(ed).
  10. Why sit when you can kneel? (devout version)
  11. Sure, I would love to sit down...NOT!
  12. My grandma died from sitting. Thanks for the reminder.
  13. The only reason a person would sit is because they can't stand themselves.
  14. I'm saving my butt for marriage.
  15. Sitting? More like...shpitting!
  16. You can't climb the stairway to heaven if you're on the ski lift to hell.
  17. Why sit when you can kneel? (suggestive version)
  18. Not now. I'm taking a stand!
  19. Sitting stinks! (wave hand by butt while saying this)
  20. You know who else sat? Hitler.

alnilam

super sweet best pal posted:

Keep that in The Couchhead Clubhouse

google THIS posted:

20 Ways to "Just Say No"

6. Stools are for tools.
  8. Adirondacks are wack.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

google THIS posted:

20 Ways to "Just Say No"

6. Stools are for tools.
  8. Adirondacks are wack.

Jedrick

Smoke weed every day.

google THIS posted:

20 Ways to "Just Say No"

6. Stools are for tools.
  8. Adirondacks are wack.

Jedrick

Smoke weed every day.
A head shop (butt shop??) selling chairs labeled as "laundry organizes".

Goons Are Gifts

Jedrick posted:

That's what chairs were meant for

City of Glompton

google THIS posted:

20 Ways to "Just Say No"

6. Stools are for tools.
  8. Adirondacks are wack.

Jedrick posted:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Jedrick posted:

My local sells "cat perches".