Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So I just binged this show for the first time and the thing I am struck by is that I don't think I've ever watched a show where every single episode is this consistently great. I don't think there's a single episode of the show I think is bad? I think all the characters are fantastic, I'm constantly surprised by what the plot of so many episodes is, and I'm delighted with how many supernatural creatures the show has. I also think it's really funny that the doll is STILL a character 5 seasons in. That would be a one of joke in any other show

Also I don't feel like the show dipped in quality at all in 5 seasons, which is pretty impressive for any show. You could have an episode from season 1 next to season 5 and you'd be hard pressed to find much of a difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It's funny cause The Night Market is probably like top 5 for me, and Nandor's little plotline with the lamp and his wife is hysterical. Also I found the Colin Robinson plotline in season 4 incredible.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I found the child Colin Robinson arc really funny. Him starting every single sentence with "hey guess what" just made me laugh harder the longer that bit went on.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

Six seasons and a movie!

I'd love a movie based off the show to end it :allears:

I'm sad to hear it's the last season, but I'm also glad they are leaving on their own terms before they run out of steam. I have never seen a show that is so consistently from the first episode to the last. Some people seem to not like some (all?) of season 4, but I don't think a single episode has been bad. But maybe that's a byproduct of me binging all 5 seasons at once since I hadn't seen it before. But I'm always so impressed by all the weird new ideas they manage come up with even after 5 seasons.