Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

muscles like this! posted:

The way Matt Berry says anything is really funny.

His delivery on any line is golden. The way he said 'Yes!' in the one scene just made me think of Steven Toast playing the role of a vampire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I liked the extent of Simon's 'clan'. Count Rapula! Mr. 50s! Len the Accountant!

I also hope to see more of the other familiars a little bit. I liked the one (Bobby?) that Guillermo was chatting with who suddenly dropped his voice way lower to put on the 'dad' facade.

Out of all the little bits, Nandor lifting and carrying Guillermo around the parlor so he could look in the mirror and pretend he was flying was :3:

"As the life drained out of him, his last words were 'take my hat, it's cuuuu-'"
'Yes, it is cool. Free hat!'

On a related note, I finally watched Four Lions, and spent the whole movie wondering where I knew the one actor from. Turned out it was Nandor.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I looked the song up and I was astounded it was the original. For some reason, just from the sound of it I assumed it was like, a cover or remix or something.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

muscles like this! posted:

Another little funny bit is how when Lazlow was getting dragged by the taxi way in the background you see that the hat has fallen off and starts scooting after the departing car.

I like that the cab stops when the hat falls off, but as soon as he picks it up and puts it back on, the taxi starts dragging him again.

And since it was such a list, the AV Club review listed the entirety of Simon's crew (though I feel like one's missing)

quote:

Big Vlad, Abbadon, Apusa, the Freak Sisters (no relation), Little Vlad, Mister Fifties, S for Sara, Evil Steve, Freakfest Tony, Blaglad the Exsanguinator, the Silent One, Asian Mike, Chunt, Jane the Soulless, Elgrad the Fifth, Hovark the Pitmaster, Gunfrappel and his brother Kirlsak, Wesley Sikes, Desdemona the Shrieker, Len the Accountant, and Count Rapula.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

LividLiquid posted:

Was that show any good? I caught episode 2 or 3 or so when visiting family and there were two men already, so I figured any show that abandon's its premise that early was creatively bankrupt and never thought about it again until just now.

I think the title was more that he spent however long after the mass die-off alone thinking that's what he was, rather than the actual premise. There's a small main cast.

If you think Will Forte repeating the same joke louder each time as if that'll make it funny is the height of comedy, then you'll love it.

I thought the first season is okay, but the character of Tandy quickly became insufferable to me.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Holy poo poo, this vampire council!

'He's the murderer!'

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Astroman posted:

The only "wierd person" they possibly missed to be an IRL vampire is probably Crispin Glover.

Did he ever play a vampire in anything though?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

LividLiquid posted:

He played a sexy dracula on Community.

Wrong Glover, ya goof!

Though, I did do that costume for Halloween one year. I had to fly to Boston for work on Halloween, and went around the city with Dracula written on a toilet seat protector.

Sadly I was not shirtless.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

:doh: I was completely blanking on which actor they meant when they said Rob. It's so obvious now that I have the answer!

I also loved Laszlo blurting out 'I was Jack the Ripper!' and Nandor going on about the axe likely being welded to the wall.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

basic hitler posted:

I was really loving weary of this because the trailers rubbed me the wrong way and i didn't feel like the movie could be matched.

But like, i tried this and fell in love recentlym this is the hardest I've laughed at a tv show in a long, long time.

Aren't you happy you gave it a chance finally?!

Agreed. Most funny shows merit a closed-mouth 'hm-hm!' kinda chuckle out of me at most. But this show gets me to guffaw like a moron at least once an episode.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Arglebargle III posted:

Hey trip report the new Stephen Moffat Dracula miniseries is exactly as bad as you'd expect.

It's somehow even worse.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

delfin posted:

Slightly disappointed that Simon the Devious and his crew returned, but Little Vlad (who's a loving MANIAC!) didn't make it

I sure hope Mister Fifties is okay... :ohdear:

Nandor thinking he did a good job of throwing suspicion off of Guillermo was great.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Phi230 posted:

Mr. 50's showed up at the orgy episode, he is fine, except for half his face

I don't think I ever saw the orgy episode.

...How have I missed an episode of the show?!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Alien Sex Manual posted:

The orgy episode is one of my favorites. I mean...the Badabook!

This is one of those rare shows that doesn’t have a single bad episode to it.

It's got episodes that aren't as good as others, but I feel like I can't say there's any episodes that are outright duds.

Just a recent example, the Super Bowl episode wasn't great, but it still had some funny stuff in it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I saw the movie not long before the show came out because I'd never heard of it when my boyfriend told me 'It's getting turned into a show'.

I loved the movie, and I was down for checking out anything with Matt Berry in it, but wasn't sure if it could work in a running format.

I'm glad to have been so very wrong :allears:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Deep cut that Colin Robinson's idea for a road trip destination was Buffalo.

:negative:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Hakkesshu posted:

Kristen Schaal is the best new addition to this show, she's terrific.

Her having a bigger role this season is my least favorite thing. I'm just not a fan.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Yes I can hear you Clem Fandango!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

HOLY gently caress posted:

:lmao: I want this to happen. Bonus if they’re also played by Kayvan Novak

I mean, Nandor had what, something like 20,000 living descendants? I'd be disappointed if they weren't played by him.