Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Paul F Tompkins playing a character called Rip Seeso is so good.

I still laugh at that years later.

Plus I didn’t get it until like the end of the episode. Even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Absolutely loved the latest episode. Bargie. Dar.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
This whole season has been amazing so far.

I'm glad they're closing on such a high note.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Yeah it's been great and even though I'm still a little sad it's wrapping up this is one of the best shows for a relisten. It's like Teacher's Lounge in that there are episodes that will crack me up every time.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Good lord that song at the end of this week's.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Man they’ve been really milking this finale. I feel like I’ve been waiting like 6 months for it now.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Alden was on Hello from the Magic Tavern this week, and his end of the show plug said it would be released “any day now.” But if it was really going to be released soon they’d have an exact date so who the hell knows.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I’m sad to see it go, especially the best character of AJ, but it’s like dang mang just get it over with.

I’m curious to see what they do next, especially if it is something along the lines of that amazing fantasy episode that they did.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

jeeves posted:

Man they’ve been really milking this finale. I feel like I’ve been waiting like 6 months for it now.

It feels more like they're being perfectionists or working around scheduling than anything.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
https://twitter.com/OConnellism/status/1573241127314112512

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
It goes up at 2 pm EST today.

They're going to be doing a live listen with the cast on YouTube as well https://youtube.com/c/MissiontoZyxx

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
IT WAS SO GOOD

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Awesome podcast. Really loved it. Loved the finale. Sad to see it end....but they had a really good run.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I’m relistening to this from the start and no regrets.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
One, two, three, four, looks like we're in the kroooons

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Starting listing again from the start, still sad its gone, but it also couldn't have gone forever and still been great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3UiiWK648E

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

For those of you who, like me, were broke when the kickstarter or whatever was going: Topatoco has the albums available now.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Got my records today. I will be hanging Bermiful Nelodies as it is a work of art. Also will probably relisten to the whole dang show again.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I recently relistened and 100% no regrets.

The almost zero time it took for the introduction and then evolution of AJ into the best character on the show is amazing and worth it for that alone.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

jeeves posted:

I recently relistened and 100% no regrets.

The almost zero time it took for the introduction and then evolution of AJ into the best character on the show is amazing and worth it for that alone.

My wife and I still routinely walk into rooms where the other is and yell "Get down on the ground!".

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Man it doesn't feel like it's been over for more than a year.

And yeah it's easy to relisten to. I got through this and Magnus pretty regularly when I'm working on stuff on the computer.

Hope this crew goes onto something new.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
They really knocked the sound design out of the park for this series. Left/right balance during conversation, the sounds of different characters walking, and a million other things that make you forget it's a bunch of VAs talking into microphones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I've been catching up on Magic Tavern, and it is easy to forget that Zyxx only started 2 years after the former. Magic Tavern definitely inspired Zyxx a lot, but it almost feels like Zyxx came out way later by how good the sound design was compared to Magic Tavern. Especially with just how much goes on in each episode.