Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

wizzardstaff posted:

Beano, now, I'm not sad to miss. He had some good moments but was a real acquired taste.

I’m still catching up in season 2, but the first time I heard the foley sounds of Beano just walking around I couldn’t stop laughing, it’s amazing sound design work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

some plague rats posted:

I decided to check this out after I saw this thread and almost gave up before I realised its listed in seasons and 404 means ep 4 of season 4, not that it was the 404th episode

It's pretty good so far? I like it. It doesn't actually feel like improv at all

They do improvise the script but from what I've heard of their process they usually come up with a rough idea of what the premise of the episode is gonna be beforehand and maybe some rough story beats and if they have a guest star they figure out what their character is going to be beforehand, but they do a fair bit of editing to cut out dead bits and stuff that doesn't work and they'll sometimes do re-takes of things. You can hear a bit of this in the out-takes they put at the end of the episodes.