Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Stroop There It Is posted:

Just came to post about how I still occasionally chuckle about Paul F. Tompkins naming his character Rip Seeso.

Same. It took me a while to realize what it meant but it made me laff when I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Love the podcast so far. Just finished season one.

Question though, does C53 ever keep a consistent voice? The accents and tones due to his frame throw me off.

The cockney voice only lasts for a while.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
It's basically like Curb Your Enthusiasm's early seasons where each episode has a plot or idea and they improv everything else to get somewhere.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Paul F Tompkins playing a character called Rip Seeso is so good.

I still laugh at that years later.

Plus I didn’t get it until like the end of the episode. Even better.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Man they’ve been really milking this finale. I feel like I’ve been waiting like 6 months for it now.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I’m sad to see it go, especially the best character of AJ, but it’s like dang mang just get it over with.

I’m curious to see what they do next, especially if it is something along the lines of that amazing fantasy episode that they did.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
IT WAS SO GOOD

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I’m relistening to this from the start and no regrets.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I recently relistened and 100% no regrets.

The almost zero time it took for the introduction and then evolution of AJ into the best character on the show is amazing and worth it for that alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I've been catching up on Magic Tavern, and it is easy to forget that Zyxx only started 2 years after the former. Magic Tavern definitely inspired Zyxx a lot, but it almost feels like Zyxx came out way later by how good the sound design was compared to Magic Tavern. Especially with just how much goes on in each episode.