Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Government Handjob posted:

Ok, so how the hell do I set up my tracks and semaphores by the large custom houses so that I can have three trains coming and going on a two-track main system without jamming each other to hell?
Poorly drawn sketch:

I haven't actually played the game, but would this work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Government Handjob posted:

This is sort of what I've been trying to do, but there doesn't seem to be any consistency to if the trains switch tracks to a vacant one if the first one is busy. Maybe I just have to fiddle around more with distances between splits and semaphores vs custom house.
Ouch. Ok that's bad. I was worried the game wouldn't allow you to make trains wait before the intersection if all platforms were occupied but it sounds like the game needs to add some fairly basic signal behavior if they can't even figure out which spots are available.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is the distance people are willing to walk on footpaths long enough that they could walk to a heating plant without breathing in coal smoke?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Import 200 tons of blue jeans.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is it possible to import enough garbage that you can feed your industry on the recycled materials rather than digging them out of the ground? :v: