Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
This is maybe a stupid question, but I love the idea and aesthetic and setting of the game but the sheer level detail of the micro sounds a bit off-putting. I assume there aren't any settings or mods that limit it a little so it's not quite as full on, since I guess the micromanagement is the main part of the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
I've started playing W&R today and am gradually figuring out some stuff.

Bus stops are confusing me though. I have a small town with just two bus stops and a bus that runs back and forth between them. Citizens will wait at one of the bus stops, except when an empty bus comes, some of them don't get on the bus even though there's space - they just seem to stay at the stop. Is this something like a weird abstraction of the numbers, a bug in the way buses work, or are they waiting to go somewhere that the bus route doesn't run to yet?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

zedprime posted:

People don't leave home with a destination in mind, only a goal: go to work, go to need meeting activities, go to school. They'll either walk to one of these things in range if they meet the need, or else go to a random bus stop serving their home. While waiting at the bus stop, they check if the bus 1. allows someone with their goal to get on and 2. if the bus actually serves the goal somewhere down route. They don't check the bus stop so your glorious worker stop will fill up with grocery shoppers who will never find their grocery shopping bus if you don't forbid leisure users from the stop itself.

Much of your goal as a new player is to learn how to start tailoring your routes to this goal orientation instead of destination orientation. Workers are a resource you convey to places they need with an exact supply chain, not a murky web of public transport you might be familiar with from something like Cities Skylines. Forbid certain goals on the routes and the stations, make sure their path isn't more complicated than maybe one route change (likely due to transportation mode change), use the tools to assign specific bus stations to specific homes or businesses etc. Above all change gears to see them as specific people shuttles with specific goals which behave to your specification.

Aaaah ok thanks