Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In my first respectable start I mixed workers and passengers in the busses and now I have to start over

Are there ways to speed up construction . I want to self build everything but it’s like literally … slow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have three construction offices working together

I think actually if there were hundreds of workers and the materials was next door it would be fine

Maybe it’s scaled for endgame production idk

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love the winter in this game . It hits hard

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You have been seduced by belt life .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/sovietvisuals/status/1481573738466340866?s=21

euphronius fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jan 13, 2022

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is loyalty change live or in a branch ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have a cargo train on a line from a farm to a liquor factory.

Is there a way to get it to stop running when the silos at the farm are empty. (To save on fuel)

Or do I have to wait for the rail DO.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

For me doing cosmonaut challenge (I think that’s what it’s called ) taught me the game up to building a steel mill

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s likely game reasons rather than realism reasons which is fine

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ArchangeI posted:

I am really not a fan of the gravel industry implementation. You end up being massively throughput limited simply because you can not physically shove trucks into the plant fast enough to actually keep production up near maximum values and are thus having a plant that is idle about 1/3rd of the time. Also sometimes the bus carrying the workers gets stuck in the traffic jam of the trucks waiting to be unloaded because there are no workers and that's always awkward.

I think that’s a great part of the game . It’s just like real life

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What do the end line bus buildings do ? I think they are new.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can you explain the line spacing bit. do you add them as a stop on a line ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There are 25 ton dumps are you suing those

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Using yes sorry . Using

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I started cosmonaut with the goal of being self sufficient and … this Is going to take 300 hours isn’t it . More .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have a small town and an oil refinery up which outputs to a river port. It took a long rear end time . The pipelines were an insane building project but it all worked . Now I’m making like 100,000 rubles a month from my own oil . (This is 99% cosmo. I bought a few tricky things like critical power connections )

Things I tried this time were helicopter construction since my fuel is now “free” . They make things so much nicer. I can understand the balance limitation of only two per construction company otherwise you could just have swarms of them .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The only necessary mods imho are the aggregate conveyer belt towers and the smaller clinic. Maybe the smaller cement plant too .

Just imho

euphronius fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 24, 2022

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lessons from my first serious to a (99.9%) cosmonaut

- don’t underestimate boats . This is the way ti export oil byproducts
- give yourself plenty of space around buildings when building up
- importing food by truck isn’t that bad if you are relatively near a border crossing and it is not congested
- steel is expensive.
- passenger cableways are better than busses for getting people to industrial parks that you can build around . There is a lot of space in walking distance diameter around a cable station and it can puke out a stream of like … 150 constant employees
- think about the sequencing of building projects Because they invariably slow down at the delivery of concrete and asphalt . Try and align the delivery of labor coincident to the delivery of concrete and asphalt
- you do not want your concrete and asphalt plants to be dependent on truck deliveries

This is 10 years in. I have a oil refinery, two towns, a fully functional construction industry (minus steel) , and am starting on a coal power plant and steel plant .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

And only when it’s in a certain temperature range and not raining

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My neighbor waited 6 weeks for a concrete delivery for a minor auxiliary drive way he was putting in .

Maybe that’s Becuase he wasn’t economically important as one customer but it did rain a lot .

Water defeats a lot of human plans .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Helicopter passenger platforms are also bus depots :psyduck:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Any tips for increasing performance . My sprawling cosmonaut map is starting to heat up the room and crash . Snow is not good. I read online that turning off auto detect jobs in the COs help . Anything else ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just play on nearly flat maps

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is a button to send rail constructors home

It’s not a great system tho. They could add an abstraction layer to it as the game can’t deal with multi tracks and signals with constructors

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Garbage I think will add an interesting and fun element to the production chains . More traffic too which is always good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Major commuting hack: cable cars

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We are eventually getting subways as well

But yes cable cars are amazing. My last game included a large city with basically four quadrants residential around a core of services . each quadrant had a large cable car station which sent workers out to one of four work campuses. No buses at all to support thousands of jobs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In my last game I was having issues creating student demand in satellite town bus stops to be fed into a central university .

I may have missed something but maybe they just all teleport themselves to the dorms attached to the university

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tons of COs seems to lag my game the last city I made .

Snow too probably . I should ban snow

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The solution is cable cars .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

When is garbage coming ? That looks like a lot of fun .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is there a beta with the garbage available like how satisfactory puts out experimental things ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Please do not call me a beta with garbage

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I found the beta switch. The enforced cosmonaut settings are awesome.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I couldnt figure out Cable cars in the new cosmo rules start and then realized you have to drive cable cars in from the border. Amazing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

On my first new cosmo rules republic, I spent two hours laying out a tram network. Then I excitedly constructed the tram depot to get the teams going and get the clothing factory at full capacity. Once the team depot is constructed I Click on “buy tram” …. What … oh no . Oh god no

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The result of getting trams delivered

It worked !!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The rest of the dumb city that has taken forever (but is fun )

euphronius fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 8, 2022

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How could I set up a Clothes warehouse that local DOs take from to fill domestic stores but an export DO will start exporting once the warehouse is over 50% full.

I don’t think this works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have the warehouse connected to a road cargo station . Would that gently caress it up ? The export DO is exporting everything even tho I have it set to 50%