Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

biglads posted:

Here’s an entertaining ongoing YouTube Lets Play that gives you a good view of the mechanics, some of the current jankiness and in many ways (so very many) shows you how NOT to build your paradise workers republic.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1MxjGBm4ylKRuniyHCGvQtmE-40f6Cxt

I can't stop watching this. This chipper Brit and his thorough musings and promises of happiness for people complying with :ussr: ideology and building this entire world with threats of banishment to Siberia for non-compliance are just amazing. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I just bought a computer with gaming in mind for the first time since the Bush Administration (lots and lots of console years) and this was the first game on my list. I found after playing for about an hour with keyboard and wireless mouse that the tendinitis in my right wrist which has laid dormant for a few years started to flare up again and :lol:, that's not something I'm interested in doing again.

What I found in playing Cities: Skylines and Tropico 6 on PS4 was that I can make that work with little discomfort, so the $700 question: Can this be played on PC using a paired PS4 controller?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This is 25% off on Steam through Monday in case anybody else was thinking of picking it up.

My question is will there be a better deal with their Black Friday sale next week? I've got a new computer which MIGHT be able to run it and figured I could buy it to a) test it and b) hedge my bet and, if it were cheaper, could return it and re-buy.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is it better to play this game with pre-built cities and towns or with a blank map? The playthroughs from Colonel Failure that I watched were completely clean slate, but I started a save with a few towns scattered around the map and have found it's complaining about 68% unemployment I think because I haven't even had the chance to develop some of the other towns yet.