Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I was having a lot of trouble with train signaling even after I kind of learned how the semaphores work, but I found a semi-helpful steam guide by a polish nazi which I can't now find. Basically, it's traffic circles.

I built a big traffic circle around one of my main towns with rail lines going in and out to the border, to other towns, and to my big industrial zone. In the place where I have the traffic circle, I haven't got a single train stuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Presumably the only issue with not having a pump between your oil storage and your power plant is you lose that buffer storage inside the plant. Nothing bad happens until there's some interruption to the oil supply - say there's a fire at a pump station further upstream at the same time a train is filling up on oil, and then the tank runs out and you might have a power outage.