Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
so maps... what are good ones? This game seems pretty low key and browsing the workshop isn't great. Basically, give me some good maps please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
all the maps always have people crying about few resources... they don't deplete so why is it an issue? Might as well just play a flat map with giant resource blobs painted all over it you babies!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
why is gravel the worst? Spending hours trying to sculpt a vertical mountain face to get a mine that doesn't give awful 90 degree cities skylines elevation changes

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
happiness is way harder now. Also it's pretty lovely you can't do anything about loyalty until you can build a loving tv/radio station and supply your people with electronics

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

Is loyalty change live or in a branch ?

I'm playing the beta, I dunno how much loyalty changed, but happiness is way different. Before you could get to ~90% immediately and completely ignore alcohol. Now I had to make a pub and I'm still only at 60% happiness after a year.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Is there a way to people from being incredibly stupid whenever you do a bus stop to bus stop route and all your construction yard workers just sit on the bus the whole day going back and forth so they are never actually waiting at the stop?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Crime absolutely fucks any attempt at hard mode. Maybe? I am unclear as to how crime actually works or what effect it has on your pop, but the setup to get it to do anything beyond 'investigate' requires building a station, courthouse, and prison.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
how do you guys handle resources in the mountains? Do you spend hours flattening them?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
cable cars, what a concept

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I am scared of trying to start building rail. What if the initial rail I lay wasn't optimal for expansion?!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
How do waypoints work? ie how do I use them to stop my dumbass plows from wandering around the oil fields plowing dirt roads?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
so what do secret police actually do?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
How do passengers work? I have a small city with two big bus stations within a housing 'core' and I decided hey maybe they'll like to go back and forth or whatever so I opened up the stations to passengers and set a line. So I get hundreds of passengers to just go back and forth... but I don't know what they are even doing because it just seems like their only purpose is to stand at the station. So where are 'passengers' trying to go?

My goal was to ultimately make a downtown needs center where I'd just bus people too that are too out of range to walk but apparently that doesn't work and people are morons that just spend their free time at the station and never get their needs met. Would have liked to not have to make cookie cutter school/shop/entertainment for every block of homes.

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 24, 2022

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

OwlFancier posted:

I know they used to do street running in like, the 1800s but I thought they stopped doing it because people kept getting run the gently caress over.

E: no apparently the US still has shitloads of them lmao. Too used to the UK where trains have to be physically enclosed by fences and have been that way for over a century.

look at this poo poo, fuckin freight train on the wrong side of the road

lol my guy, my dude, my man.

US train infrastructure is the last loving place you want to EVER try to invoke concepts of safety and common sense.

Anyway I haven't played since the cop patch, what'd I miss?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I remember last time I played I couldn't figure out how to get workers to travel long distances to industry jobs and didn't want to have to build cottage towns for every single mine considering the huge costs of some of the necessary buildings etc

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I think I recall when I played and was trying to do transfers the workers would just all get off the bus then all get back on and go back to the original station and do that loop until they hit the 5 hours and gave up. I tried doing only buses that pick up or drop off at a station but that didn't work either for some reason and then I think I ran into the issue of stations being flooded with students/civilians so there wasn't any room for the workers to queue etc.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Oh yeah and the whole gravel sucks cause it has to be flat ground and only occurs in mountains so I spent hours slowly leveling mountains the free way

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Oh gosh.

Any good maps anyone knows about?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
alright time to start playing again, haven't played in awhile. Do you still want to build a whole basic resources setup near the border for imports?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Oh wow cosmonaut mode is way loving different from last time I played. No more setting up an entire construction materials complex ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Ugh I think my workers keep dying on the bus on the way to the clothes fabric food alcohol super factory. They keep arriving half full despite hundreds of workers waiting at the bus stop so I'm pretty sure they're just timing out on the timer for getting to work. Does this mean I need to make trams? Or upgrade roads to asphalt?

Is there is a simple way to get rid of road nodes other than delete the whole loving thing?

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 2, 2024