Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
This game is hitting the same factorio/anno "optimized production chains with spaghetti belts/pathways" buttons in my brain, and I'm loving it. I got a few mods from the workshop (small clinic, small fire station, road crossings for pipes/conveyers, just basic stuff), but I'm still trying to figure out the basics (not dealing with heat yet, but fuel/power and education are both on). My early setups have been coal and a power plant (and exporting a bit of power), a nearby residential area with a bus line to the coal/power area, and another line to an ag center (farm with 3 or 4 small fields and a 2 of each vehicle, food factory, and distillery, ideally all factory-connected to a warehouse, but trucks get the job done too). I discovered the joy of distribution centers a couple days ago, so I've been plopping one of those near the warehouse, too, and when things start happening over there, I'll turn off importing of food and booze at my shopping center and bars and distribute it myself. I haven't gotten much further than that (set up some gravel production, and some woodcutting, but basically just to say "okay, I have those things being made now" before I realized a major flaw in my residential area - it wasn't pretty enough - and had to restart).

It's very satisfying when you get a bunch of trucks and buses on the roads and knowing that every single one is there because you bought them and told them what to do. Eventually we'll start making things locally and eventually become self-sufficient, but for now I'm still in the "oh god I screwed this up real bad/I could do this way more efficiently, I'd better restart" phase, so I don't think I've ever even gotten to 1961.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU