Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

will workers take multiple public transportation options to get to work? Like lets say I build a large residential area outside of my main city and have them all take a train to the center of my main city, will they get off that train and go to a bus station to go to a different work site?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Ok, I have a train station with a single train that takes workers along a line to two other train stops, a power plant and coal mine/coal processing plant. When the train arrives to pick up workers, it usually has nearly 100 workers waiting to go. Yet usually between only 0-10 of those workers actually board the train, the rest disappear, and then quickly fill the train stop back up with workers despite there being no other train for them to take. What am I missing here?

I restarted to focus on efficiency and distributing workers via trains instead of buses primarily and this is really putting a damper in that. I made population demands at the hardest possible settings though, as in my first game they seemed way too easy, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 10, 2019

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Vivick posted:

Do resources like oil, gravel and iron run out after some time or are they endless?

I'm pretty sure they're endless.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Yeah my first move on the second try was find a place with a ton of oil and build the entire settlement to fuel the refinery and exporting fuel/bitumen and importing everything else, though that is getting frustrated by people not boarding their drat trains!!