Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I have no defense for the terraforming tools other than I usually buy a massive fleet of excavators and bulldozers and move them around so at the very least it’s fast but it’s still tough. “level to center” is basically 90% of everything when laying stuff out. Also turn on wireframe mode! That’s the contour mode you’re looking for.

you can use really big buildings like the steel mill or the long narrow university to flatten entire plots at once, it's much less fiddly than trying to use the actual terraforming tools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griz
May 21, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

E: Can pedestrians path through buildings to reach other buildings? Or do you have to have paths going direct to every building you want? I know construction equipment needs a clear path but can people walk through buildings?

no, you want direct footpath access to each building.

Griz
May 21, 2001

euphronius posted:

Can you explain the line spacing bit. do you add them as a stop on a line ?

yes, then your buses will hang out there when the timing gets messed up instead of slowing down and causing traffic jams.

Griz
May 21, 2001

I think they get over it eventually if you just stop providing it, same as religion.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Log082 posted:

That would be nice. We'll see if there's any update from 3Division. Do DMCAs even expire, though? I don't know anything about that.

iirc they have 2 weeks after the takedown to follow up with a proper lawsuit, otherwise the content goes back up