Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
So I probably need to play more, but I'm having a hard time finding what to do.

It feels like many needs of the citizens can be ignored entirely. As near as I can tell, I can put up the infrastructure to manage a coal power plant, and start exporting power without getting "pulled" to do anything else. Tropico, despite it's flaws, didn't really let me disregard my people. Maybe that's part of the planned economy aesthetic, but I'm having a hard time doing anything in this game that has a purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for. I needed a different way of conceptualizing this game and that was perfect.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Alright you guys, I've taken your advice to heart, I've stopped worrying about the needs of my so called workers, and started treating them like resources.

Inkershta is a brand new community, established in the foothills just off the Soviet bordertown of Padonin. Unfortunately for the good future citizens of Inkershta, this is the first city to be run by Adjunct Prefect Grevlek, but hey, gotta start somewhere!

I drew a gravel road off the main highway from Padonin to Leszcie into the western side of the hills. Finding abundant coal, we quickly charted out a gravel mine, a coal mine, and the requisite processing of such. We also wanted to build a powerplant, to coal power back to Padonin. We would have some extraction in the hills and forests, and we'd build a small feeder community to house the workers about a kilometer to the south.

Oh boy, was mining much more complicated than I thought. We mine raw stone at site A, ship it down to the Gravel Plant at site B, and store the gravel in a giant pit at site C. We have an aggregate unloader for trucks at Site D, which is also hooked up to the coal main. Coal is mined at site 1, shipped along a precariously perched conveyor at site 2, and it is processed at the Coal Plant at site 3. Processed coal is stored at site 4, where it will either end up as fuel for the power plant at site 5, or it is shipped for whatever purpose at site D.

The town center has not developed much. There are a handful of flats, a single football pitch, and of course all of the necessities of life: a large bus platform at site A, a small mall ( the People's Distribution Center ) at site B, some schools and kindergartens at the C sites, and of course a pub for knocking one back at the end of a hard day at site D.

Inkershta at night!

It isn't much, but this stretch of gravel road is the first construction project sourced entirely from the hardworking people of Inkershta. Citizens look forward to laying many thousands more kilometers of road in the future, and maybe even erecting a building or two.

Inkershta continues to grow. We've added some cement and concrete works at site B, and some additional housing to support a lumber industry at site E. We will continue to work out the byzantine patterns required to link up our construction industries, and start to expand the city center to the west.

I'm playing on the pre-populated map, on 'medium' difficulty settings, except for 'easy' starting cash.

I don't think this will be my 1,000 hour super save, but I am enjoying the process of learning. I still need to figure out how to get my trucks/busses not to bunch up, I have a few busses full of workers that never get where they are going. Similarly, I have too many trucks sending gravel to the concrete plants, despite the fact that concrete is full! I hope the Distribution Center can actually help with some of this micro.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Does anyone have a guide on how to use the distribution centers? Say I want to help feed a gravel>concrete>cement industry, and a coal industry. Just fill it with the aggregate shipping vehicles, indicate loading at the quarry and mine, and drop-off at the various plants and the game will sort it out?

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
If I have trucks already running routes, can I reassign them to a distribution center without purchasing new ones

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
What does cosmonaut refer to ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
I haven't played this since the UI refresh. I was thinking about starting on the totally blank hills map. Do I still need to get a mod in order to build a church? Is this dumb should I just play with some prebuilt cities on the map?