Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You guys have been using the phrase “cosmonaut mode” a lot lately. That’s a self-imposed restraint thing and not a game setting, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I have a problem that I remember happening before, but I can’t remember how I fixed it. My trucks won’t pick up asphalt from the asphalt plant.

Edit: never mind, I am particularly dumb today. There was a bitumen delivery truck tucked into the plant that had its “wait until fully unloaded” flag set.

WithoutTheFezOn fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 20, 2021

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Dig oil -> refine -> ship out all the bitumen, and enough fuel so your tanks don’t fill up (which would stop the bitumen production).

Unless things have changed a lot, that’s a nearly instant way to print tons of money.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Something like:

Build industry for export income.
Watch industry. Does it appear to be “fully functioning”?
If no, add more people and/or trucks.
If yes, choose another industry (possibly by seeing what you import the most of) and repeat.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

euphronius posted:

Smaller everything. If there is a building try and get the smaller version. Imho.
Except the kindergarten, right? Then you want a much larger one as I remember.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Never get off the bus, unless you’re going all the way.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
They’re also code for “usually ends up as unfun pains in the rear end for players”.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Gaming interest rates in my Soviet city builder game.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Polikarpov posted:

Woops, 650 citizens dead because the water treatment plant stopped because it was out of chemicals because the chemical plant stopped because it was out of wood because the load bearing flatbed truck was stuck in a traffic jam at the border.
The joy of Just In Time inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Plus, you know, things should be centralized.