Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It’s okay as long as everyone’s huge rear end is just as visible

sadly she's the only one with a huge rear end so far that I noticed, no dummy thicc merc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Travic posted:

I was a big fan of the original and will probably pick this up when I get home. Does it still scale up to ludicrous damage and obscene numbers of bad guys?

Of course it does. Swarms of huge assholes hound you and I haven't even gotten past stage three because Magma Worm's a gently caress.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Travic posted:

I was a big fan of the original and will probably pick this up when I get home. Does it still scale up to ludicrous damage and obscene numbers of bad guys?

Boy does it.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Gulping Again posted:

Of course it does. Swarms of huge assholes hound you and I haven't even gotten past stage three because Magma Worm's a gently caress.

I think the best way past magma worm is to just bring as many drones as possible so you can just farm mobs while they mostly deal with him. One time our group had so many drones we couldn’t read the party list anymore, it was great.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i need to know how closely this game vibes Serious Sam because that's going to be the central motivation to buy

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I managed to notice this game just today. I'm a dumb idiot who generally speaking dislikes crafting/building in videogames. How much would I have to deal with that?

That being said this game looks like a perfect fit to play with some irl friends over the Internet judging by the short glimpses I've seen. We've been in the look out for a game that would kinda fit our interests for the longest time without being able to find one but this kinda looks promising?

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Dessel posted:

I managed to notice this game just today. I'm a dumb idiot who generally speaking dislikes crafting/building in videogames. How much would I have to deal with that?

That being said this game looks like a perfect fit to play with some irl friends over the Internet judging by the short glimpses I've seen. We've been in the look out for a game that would kinda fit our interests for the longest time without being able to find one but this kinda looks promising?

There is zero crafting or building anywhere in this game. The closest to that would be placing turrets and mines as an engineer.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Has anyone grabbed the timed security chest in the snow level? I got there after it had expired on my first run there; the next time I got there at 9 minutes something but it didn't show up (or I didn't find it). It supposedly unlocks an orange item.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Oh man this is literally the same game except 3d/3rd person, and its incredible.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

https://twitter.com/the_hopoo/status/1111456547144519680

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

The single commando? Devil Daggers player spotted.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
They might want to reconsider the boss super moves that are basically instant death if you're a mercenary and you didn't have the foresight to pick a teleporter location that has terrain RIGHT where the boss is that can block it.

Engineer also sucks. Turrets are way too fragile for a 25 second cooldown.

Overall this feels very much like Risk of Rain in 3D which is good, but it also feels very early access. I get that it is, but I also see that there's apparently less enemies in the game than RoR 1 had, not more, and no more ones planned (ie marked with the wrench like 4 of the player characters and a bunch of items are).

space marine todd posted:

Yeah, there is plenty of smaller quality of life things that would be helpful. Probably out of scope for v1.0 but an Apex-style non-verbal system of calling out and marking upgrades/the teleporter would be super useful.

You mean clicking right stick?

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 30, 2019

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I really appreciate that the items hanging off the Engineer are also hanging off the Engineer's turrets. Really follows the whole "Engineer turrets have all the abilities of the Engineer".

Just hope they add skins/color coding to the characters.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Yeah, I agree with all those points on class balancing.

I also wish the first two levels were less of a slog. I guess that's just like ROR1 though.

Cuntellectual posted:

You mean clicking right stick?

This is what I get for not looking more closely at the settings!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well the magma worm is an even bigger rear end in a top hat in 3d

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Im super down to play with some goons once we get a discord up

Travic posted:

Having managed to survive 45 minutes in one supremely lucky session, I can confirm this is the case.

My one major gripe is that the teleporter really doesn't stand out. I have more than once found the teleporter, done a bit more exploring, then spent several minutes looking for the teleporter again.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

ViggyNash posted:

Having managed to survive 45 minutes in one supremely lucky session, I can confirm this is the case.

My one major gripe is that the teleporter really doesn't stand out. I have more than once found the teleporter, done a bit more exploring, then spent several minutes looking for the teleporter again.

Now that I know about the feature, I recommend pinging the teleporter when you find it. That way, you don't have to struggle to find it again.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

space marine todd posted:

Now that I know about the feature, I recommend pinging the teleporter when you find it. That way, you don't have to struggle to find it again.

lmao yeah several of my friends found the ping feature by accident because of Apex muscle memory

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I've spent like 20 minutes looking for the teleporter before. If there was a mod to make it stand out more I'd install it in a heartbeat

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

How does the enemy scaling work in multi? Is it like Borderlands, or do things only get more sponge-y?

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Gulping Again posted:

usually my worm clears (and beetle mom) involve primordial cubing the mess of mobs then starting a campfire with gasoline, sticky bomb, ukele, etc. close to the center of the boss' movement radius. At that point, really all you have to worry about is golems and the odd wisp bouncing you into harm's way as constant aoe procs will murder the worm without too much attention paid. drones are always a plus, but it should be pretty clear that drones are always great to repair unless there's a fringe case i'm missing.

ViggyNash posted:

also this

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 30, 2019

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
So what's the unlock reqs for characters? I've grabbed Huntress after a 95 minute session, but that's it.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

I, Butthole posted:

So what's the unlock reqs for characters? I've grabbed Huntress after a 95 minute session, but that's it.

robot: beat the first portal in 5 different games

engineer: beat 30 portals (in total across all your games)

mage: get 11 lunar coins. Spend 1 to unlock the blue portal shop, then spend 10 to unlock the mage.

merc: enter a heavenly portal, they just appear sometimes

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Getting the Ceremonial Dagger early in the game is absurd, especially with the Huntress. It also looks amazing as a spectral third arm:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Tom Gorman posted:

How does the enemy scaling work in multi? Is it like Borderlands, or do things only get more sponge-y?

Enemy and loot density are bumped up for each additional player in a game.

My only issue with this game currently is that Lunar Coins seem like a hilarious trap. Once you get the various cheevos related to using coins/lunar items, I'd say just to never touch anything related to them besides maybe attempting to big-dick occasionally with the Shard.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Good game, I'm liking my robot man

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Rip this p. good run. Cube with multiple charges makes handling the groups of mobs much easier.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Ok dumb question but for some reason I wasn't a fan of the first game, only got in a couple hours before I was bored. Should I skip this? I'll admit the main reason why I'm curious about this is for the multiplayer experience.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Those tracking lasers on the golems/titans could a little bit of fine-tuning, methinks. Those guys have been responsible for ending the majority of my play-throughs.

Also where is my main-man the ENFORCER, with his signature shotgun-that-fires-once-a-minute and shield-wall-that-just-allows-enemies-to-walk-around-and-bite-your-rear end?

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Social Animal posted:

Ok dumb question but for some reason I wasn't a fan of the first game, only got in a couple hours before I was bored. Should I skip this? I'll admit the main reason why I'm curious about this is for the multiplayer experience.

It's almost exactly the same as the first game except 3D and more mobility (you can move insanely fast late game like it's Tribe or Quake).

You'll still be shooting at bullet sponging enemies. You'll still get out scaled unless everything goes just right. Anyways, that's my experience with the first game and a little bit of the second.

pedro0930 fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Mar 30, 2019

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
I bounced pretty hard off the first one, but I'm enjoying this one a lot more. I think the extra dimension of movement makes it easier for my brain to manage the mobs more effectively.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ChickenHeart posted:

Also where is my main-man the ENFORCER, with his signature shotgun-that-fires-once-a-minute and shield-wall-that-just-allows-enemies-to-walk-around-and-bite-your-rear end?

Check the item logs, some of them have little vignettes with survivors from the first game, Enforcer shows up in th Medikit's. I don't know if this means he won't be in 2, but I also don't think his moveset would translate well to 3D.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

was pretty much immortal, got a 3d printer teddy bear really early. You're not immune though, I feel like some things definitely went through. But whatever that Overloading Worm was hooooly shiiit. Magma Worm looks easy comparatively. I died in 1 swoop.

Edit: Also your turrets get every item you have. That includes the "revive once" teddy. Turret reviving itself with angel wings, very cute.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
Great Game.
Was playing it with my friend last night both playing the best character, MUL-T. We managed to make it the end of the second loop until the boss got stuck inside somewhere and dozens of hermit craps and overloading magma worms obliterated us. Great Game. :toot:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

love 2 spend half an hour looking for the drat invisible teleporter

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

I DONT SEE YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I DONT SEE YOU

big mood

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I think the Swamp level is the only one where it is really difficult to find the teleporter, I also spent like half an hour running around it in my first match. It is not so hard now that I'm familiar with its layouts, but it could do with the extra visibility, or at least a pillar of glowing light emanating to the heavens after enough time has passed.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

The swamp level is rear end for seeing anything, tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is there a cost to using the 3D printer?

[e] Also I'm probably not going to use my second copy so if anyone wants it just post your steam