Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

just isn't the game for me. i have fun in the core game play but it feels really awful to get one shot by something stupid when a build is off the ground. i also need meta progression to feel like I'm not just wasting time. sucks cause I do like the actual loot loop and some of the classes but the dev makes some stubborn decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

just when I thought I was out they pull me back in

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

BobTheJanitor posted:

Never go to Mithrix unless you have enough movement skills/items to skip the pillars, which are the most boring part of the level anyway. If you can't just jump/launch/blink/fly/quantum tunnel your way up to the platform, just do another loop until you can. The actual fight itself is fine now, most of the frustrating edges have been filed off over time.

Mithrix the worst final boss of any video game I've ever played and it's not even close to being close

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

that's what I was complaining about when I said this game isn't for me. I did end up reinstalling it because it's what my friends play. I was comparing it to slay the spire where there are good end bosses and a super difficult optional boss that you can go after if you have a God run.

really risk of rain 2 would be better if it stole the heart and ascension system wholesale--if instead of Mithrix stealing your poo poo, you unlocked him by offering random items at a shrine or something, then unlocked a slightly harder version of the game by killing him, it would feel like less of a waste of time and the fight itself would feel less stupid.

I'm not opposed to the fight being just as difficult if not more difficult than it currently is in terms of success rate, it's just really stupid to have a God build in the regular game have nothing to do with killing the last boss. this games version of meta progress are achievements which I just personally find a lot less satisfying.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I have been jamming this game a whole lot and am pretty reliably breaking it over my knee on Monsoon. it's maybe my favorite FPS ever, at least since Goldeneye, to play with a group of friends.
I cannot recommend enough going into the text files and giving yourself all the unlocks--once I did this I went from almost uninstalling to having tons of fun. it's also fun to spend a few runs with max lunar coins fishing for gestures of the drowned. last night I did 130 million damage on Mul-T!

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Last night I had a happy mask rez a clay dunestrider who promptly gave everyone in my group The Succ as we weren't paying attention waiting for the TP and ended a great run real early. Had no idea that could happen and I had already gotten 3 red and a yellow item by stage 3.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

BobTheJanitor posted:

It takes me forever to get a run off the ground with Mul-T now. I don't know if it's the new annoying enemies or what. He just feels so slow (although I realize he's not really) and is hauling around such a big hitbox that blind pests or those jumpy ground enemies or the insanely fast jumping larva can just melt him before he can do much more than sprinkle a few weak shots from his spray gun.

Mult with the double primary can get absolutely bonkers very quickly. just need some attack speed and on hit effects. opinions among my friends are mixed but I have settled on chaingun+rebar puncher because as you say blind pests and wisps can be a problem. you can tank a lot right out of the box in power mode but spamming shift can do a lot for your survivability. It's to the point where I don't pick him anymore because the run is gonna take an hour+ but I play on monsoon with no eclipse

Ghislaine of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 3, 2022

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

If you're playing loader or mercenary or the other melee guy what do you do against Grandparents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I seem to remember chef being hinted at but that was a long time ago.