Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tax Evasion
May 27, 2020

John Murdoch posted:

Circling back to something I was complaining about before, I'm convinced there's something hosed up with Siphoned Forest's spawn budget in particular where it has like 2x as many credits as it should for a stage 1, let alone a stage 2 or 3. Like I swear you'll get 5-6 lesser wisps and/or 4-6 blind pests appearing all at once, whereas by comparison even later stages will only drop 3-4. Or is it somehow possible the Shrine of the Mountain bug is still kicking around, but only on certain stages?

Also maybe it's just wacky statistical misfortune and I'm chasing ghosts but I keep getting runs where without fail I start on Forest and then go to Aphelian Sanctuary, over and over. Though on the flipside I almost never get Sulfur Pools so :shrug:

It also definitely has like way more chests so I'm not complaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tax Evasion
May 27, 2020
To those who want a STS Ascension style-thing, Eclipse is basically that. It starts out as Monsoon where you are required to fight Mithrix to win, and builds up stacking modifiers on each win for each character, capping off at Eclipse 8, which makes a portion of the damage you receive permanently reduce your max health for the rest of the stage. It's actually incredibly fun, as you are forced to play much more carefully. I've only beaten it on Void Fiend so far.
As for the Mithrix fight itself, it's not too bad as long as you plan for it and know what to expect. Get lots of movement items and make sure you have a way to deal with the last phase (Capacitor, Preon, or being Railgunner are all very good hard-counters to that phase). Even if he gets some ridiculous items, it's very doable to slowly get his health down (and ideally, some damage or movement items back).
Also post-Anniversary Commencement is good actually, it's an actual significant threat now instead of just 3 Chimeras before Mithrix.

Tax Evasion
May 27, 2020
It seems like a better way to handle the braincoat rework is to have the debuff block last a couple of seconds, preventing you from being debuffed during its duration.
That said, it's a huge improvement over before where it trivialized the biggest challenge in the game.

Tax Evasion
May 27, 2020
The real benefit of equipment swapping isn’t double Preons, as those fall off pretty quickly. It’s having both Recycler and Executive Card at the same time and having so much more and better loot.