Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Another post of support for this good, amazing show. The dialogue is too good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Season Finale Spoiler My wife pointed out that if they get the cure in him really early, he could just eat raw meat, and not progress past the raw meat eating stage, so hubby can definitely play the straight man, even being zombified.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I still think they might do a "Mr. Ball Legs made him immune" asspull.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Turtlicious posted:

Season Finale Spoiler My wife pointed out that if they get the cure in him really early, he could just eat raw meat, and not progress past the raw meat eating stage, so hubby can definitely play the straight man, even being zombified.

My wife and I discussed this, it's not really clear that the cure can do that. Otherwise, how did the Meals on Wheels client wind up needing to eat people? Did Sheila just gently caress up the process that badly?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"We hosed up really badly" is the perpetual theme of the show :v:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I think they've soft retconned the idea of eating non human meat. They didn't try it with Ron, either.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SardonicTyrant posted:

I think they've soft retconned the idea of eating non human meat. They didn't try it with Ron, either.

Ron was running around undead for a while before they got him the cure, so that makes sense, but there wouldn't have been anything stopping Sheila from administering the cure to the old lady right away.

Admittedly, impulse control is not her strong suit. But I suspect the soft retcon notion is right, it would feel cheap if they brought it up again out of the blue after ignoring it for a season.

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows
Maybe it's just because at the beginning, it wouldn't have occured to Sheila to eat human flesh. She ate the raw meat because it was available, but once she tasted human flesh there was no going back.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can't wait for Tim to be both the undead reincarnation of the original brain ball AND the leader of the cult that wants to find and kill the leader of the brain balls

*stress laugh*

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 26, 2019

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I always feel like the season ends out of nowhere. :3:

Wish it was longer.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Cancelled. gently caress you, Netflix

https://twitter.com/livhewson/status/1121955565205217280

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Well, poo poo.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Maybe Victor Fresco's next show will make four seasons :smith:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Motherfucker

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Tits, but not to teeth.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

rip mr ball legs, you were too pure and had too many eyes for this dumb world

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Nooooo

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I'm pulling out of the Queen of England.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I'm beginning to think Netflix looked at the looming wall of competition and said "eh, we had a good run."

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think part of the issue is that Netflix has so many shows now. They're not worried about Santa Clarita Diet fans cancelling over this, because those same viewers (for purposes of my argument) want to watch Stranger Things.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Should have kept Santa Clarita and just cut back on buying okayish foreign shows. :colbert:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Straight White Shark posted:

I'm beginning to think Netflix looked at the looming wall of competition and said "eh, we had a good run."

3 seasons is the sweep stop for netflix now. Pretty much every show they've greenlit is for 2 seasons, third if it does well and isn't a prestige show for them which can go longer.

But now they have to pay more the longer the show goes on and there are no syndication royalties anymore, just actor contracts going up as you hit season 4.

Meanwhile Adam Sandler has a 6 movie deal. It sucks.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

They really shouldn't have done the cliffhanger. Just end the episode when Joel says he'll be turned after Abby goes to college.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
https://twitter.com/BriticsCritics/status/1121989503290355712

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
lmao just do the brooklyn 99 thing and get picked up elsewhere.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

on this day, i cry

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If they want to film it in Olyphaunt's garage, I'll watch it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lycus posted:

If they want to film it in Olyphaunt's garage, I'll watch it.

:yeah:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Seriously though, if you're gonna cancel a show on a cliffhanger, give them a drat finale movie. Like Sens8.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I yearn for the days when auteur creatives can just be like 'no gently caress you' and seamlessly jump ship to the highest bidder when sweaty, bureaucratic producers fail them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What the gently caress??? Ugh, gently caress off Netflix. At least finish the loving story!!!

dudemanbudguy
Jan 2, 2008
guybudmandude
I JUST found this show and finished it, like two days ago. loving hell.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

gently caress yooooou Netflix

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

I bet Jeff Bezos would take Olyphant's call.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

withak posted:

I bet Jeff Bezos would take Olyphant's call.

Bezos is a fan of the Expanse books and always wanted the show on his service. Dunno if he would do the same for this.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Gaunab posted:

Should have kept Santa Clarita and just cut back on buying okayish foreign shows. :colbert:
Like, they bought loving Backstreet Girls. That's a show you can watch on Netflix in America. There is no justice.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

AceOfFlames posted:

Bezos is a fan of the Expanse books and always wanted the show on his service. Dunno if he would do the same for this.

Besides, no one is going to buy it if Netflix isn't willing to sell the streaming rights to their seasons too, at the very least, and they've never done that.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

loving Netflix.

lol cancelled hours after my post of support for the show :smith:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So what? Not enough people watched it, or what's the reasoning? Because there isn't that much original Netflix shows I watch to completion to begin with, and with third party content being pulled off the platform bit by bit, they're not making the case of staying subscribed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Welp, guess it's time to get into Japanese and Korean sitcoms.