Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I only just started watching this show a week ago and I'm up to season 3 and holy poo poo the fact that everyone's not talking about Santa Clarita Diet is criminal. I had no idea it was by the Better Off Ted creator either - it's definitely got the same DNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

esperterra posted:

I love how she immediately shakes it off then tells them to never make her be serious mom again lmao

Agreed she's loving perfect

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Maybe I missed it but one thing is that none of the media or buzz about the show really highlights how funny it is. i really thought it was gonna be a drama until the jokes started flying in from every direction.

I also guess I never thought Tim & Drew were comedians or really noticed their timing chops. Olyphant is just a bad motherfucker in everything and i don't think ive watched a Barrymore movie since, uh, jesus was it Charlie's Angels?

No media said "hey watch this, it's by the creator of Better Off Ted, you know, that show everyone went apeshit for after it got cancelled." I woulda been riding Santa Clarita Diet from season 1 if I'd known, instead of coming in when S3 came out.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Maybe Victor Fresco's next show will make four seasons :smith:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

rip mr ball legs, you were too pure and had too many eyes for this dumb world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Straight White Shark posted:

As near as I can make out Netflix's new strategy is to blow the bank on a couple of prestige titles and churn out a bunch of filler as cheaply as possible to give the illusion that you're not paying $15 a month for 3 big releases a year.
I'm frustrated by this, but it works for them. Santa Clarita Diet gets cancelled, and I'd end my Netflix now, except Lucifer's final season is about to begin... then when that ends, a new season of Terrace House starts. I'd feel a whole fuckin' lot better about using Netflix if I could watch more than one show I like at a time, but oh well. I'm probably going to cancel this year, those are the only three shows left on the service I gave a gently caress about.