Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I'm glad someone finally tackled this concept for a thread!

Let me explain.

As a young child my parents had many friends who would come and go into and out of my life. You know the kind, "aunts" and "uncles" at various Sunday picnics, Holiday party gatherings and the like who you were introduced to and sometimes never saw again.

Sometimes I would encounter someone who was special, someone who took the time out to come down to my level and meet me eye to eye, child though I was. I met one guy in particular. He treated me like an equal, answered my typical childish questions with a seriousness that most adults couldn't be bothered with. While I don't remember much about him- his name or even his face, I always remembered the tricks he taught me.

He showed me card tricks, and then he taught me how to do them. He showed me magic tricks, and while he was reluctant to show me any of them (a magician never tells his secrets!) he let me in on a few which I would practice and to this day can duplicate with the same flair as he.

Then he showed me a trick that I myself have never been able to duplicate. It was phenomenal, though he only demonstrated it on me once, before disappearing into the antiquity of my past memories. He performed it and then, as is the case for all adults, something in the adult world grabbed away his attention and he was gone- but not before he did the trick. He took something from me, and never gave it back.

He took my nose.

Just up and plucked it off my face and faded away into obscurity with it.

Look, I figured out the whole peek-a-boo thing perhaps longer than most, I played the "Where's Your Toes" game along with the best of them (and usually won, too!) but my nose?

I'd like it back, please...

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

hamjobs posted:

Sorry buddy, I think I have them all in my glove, but the good news is that half of humanity will be gone soon and you can either get them back or like, never have to worry about them again

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1113048447198740483