Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dead Reckoning posted:

I don't understand the concern. If the mods think that secret racists have started using "zebras" as a coded slur, they can always come out and say "knock it off with the zebras." The mods weren't powerless to ban ableist slurs.

I've already explained: I think that "a clearly and provably negative outcome for a protected group" can be stretched to cover nearly anything, especially since, I'll note again, no one has made any attempt to define "protected group" or "negative outcome". No one has explained why such a broad, outcomes based definitions wouldn't cover the use of, for example, standardized testing.

It's weird to me that I'm pretty left wing on topics like environment protection, labor rights, and civil rights, but because I deviate from left-wing orthodoxy on some issues, you to assume that I'm alt-right. I'm not so convinced that I'm correct that disagreeing with me can only come from a place of bad faith, and I don't understand what the purpose of D&D is if people can't disagree without risking a probation.

It's your consistent defense of police brutality that makes people think you're a right wing authoritarian shithead, because it's right wing authoritarian shithead nonsense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Skipping riiiiigggght on by the definition of violence, I see.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
We've reached the point where I think we can close this; the mod team will be discussing this thread and adding to or adjusting the forum rules based on your suggestions appropriately.