Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
How does the moderation team feel about enforcement in general? What is considered worth enforcing to you? I'd like to see this answered before I get into any new rule suggestions.

At the very least, No cheerleading, No parting shots, and Effort being met with no effort is bad should continue to be rules and should be more rigidly enforced. I would also like to see more enforcement of the global low content and worthless posts rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

captainblastum posted:

Something about not posting in bad faith would be good to have in the rules explicitly, and it should have some examples such as: immediately assuming the worst or least charitable interpretation of a post instead of asking for clarification; ignoring requests to clarify a post; ignoring counterarguments completely; ignoring requests for data/references/citations; ignoring provided data/references/citations; and shitposting really hard to try to get a thread shut down (hard to define that but the mods should know it when they see it).

Ignoring requests for references is a pretty big pet peeve of mine, but I suspect that's something mods don't want to deal with because it's a thin line between showing receipts and gish galloping and they don't want to be swamped verifying the data is relevant to the conversation.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Here's an idea for a new rule: Moderators have to apologize if they gently caress up.

hosed up a probation? Apologize to the goon. Closed a thread by accident? Apologize to the thread. and so on.

I think apologies in general help smooth things over, it's better to learn from your mistakes than to say nothing or worse double down.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

PT6A posted:

Do you have any evidence this wasn't already the case?

I got probated recently for something that upset the mods, and I PM'd about it, and they were cool even though I think we still had a disagreement. I see no evidence that the mods are simply being capricious assholes who never admit fault.

I was thinking back to when LK probated predicto for saying early on that the jussie smollett attack seemed suspicious. FAU admitted it was a mistake. I and a couple other goons called for an apology but got none.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

R. Guyovich posted:

Absolutely not. Enjoy your ban.

:negative:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm not in favor of new mods anymore. I am in favor of more idiot kings.

If it were technically feasible, I'd like to see thread creators automatically made idiot kings of their own thread.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

fool_of_sound posted:

Having six different ideologically segregated threads on every topic is loving stupid and also the entire point of reddit.

Unlike reddit, we have moderators who can review the multiple topics and eliminate the ones with bad cultures, poorly performing IKs and so on, until only one topic remains with a good and trustworthy IK.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Why bother making a subset of the "don't be a racist" rule imo

Can you be a trump supporter and not be racist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

WampaLord posted:

This isn't up for argument, there is data.

And that's why we're going to need a no conservative debate rule.