Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Returning on April 7th, Killing Eve is a sexy cat-and-mouse thriller based on a series of novellas (or now novels, with the recent release of a second novel following up the original collection of stories) written by Luke Jennings and adapted by Fleabag creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge. The show has been praised as a critical darling for its general vibe, and excellent performances from leads Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer, with the former nabbing a Golden Globe and SAG award for her turn as the title character, as well as an Emmy nomination.

I'm not going to sum up the first season here, because if you haven't watched the show you should avoid the rest of this OP and go and do that before the 7th, goddamnit!

In lieu of effort posting too hard, have some dope character promos and trailers for the upcoming season:

Villanelle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJnXFdl-bmc

Eve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtZ9VZA4T5A

Carolyn Martens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLODVYHqsGk

Kenny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD5slMRchW8

Jess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA6Pzdr7B3s

Hugo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe_p66AlZC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEeNmEhEZbk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLq2BDkCzyA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDIXYMlRQwo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
god I can't wait for more Villanelle fuckery

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Think I'ma rewatch Killing Eve again this week. Who's with me!?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm goddamn excited to see what insane stuff Villanelle pulls off to gently caress with Eve after last season's crazy rear end finale this time. The first season was seriously some of the best TV I've seen in ages and I can't wait to see what direction the show goes in next.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

Think I'ma rewatch Killing Eve again this week. Who's with me!?

I did 5 eps yesterday

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Escobarbarian posted:

I did 5 eps yesterday

Aw yeah. I'll probably burn thru all of it by the end of tomorrow tbh.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I actually just watched it for the first time a couple weeks ago. I'm ready!

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Whoa, I totally wasn't expecting this to return so soon.

I know nothing about the books, but I do hope season 2 continues remixing and subverting the various common spy formulas like S1 did. Made it feel very refreshing.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Three days left bitches!!! pic related it's me when I realized how close we are

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Erm, Villanelle, my dear, when a teenager says 'I wish I was dead' you should not take that so literally.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

def steal the hospital stickers tho

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I really should have rewatched before the season started up again, I've forgotten every single detail of the conspiracy. Not that it matters that much for my enjoyment, I'm here to see Villanelle be a sociopath and Eve kill/kiss (who knows??) Villanelle.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm all for Villanelle's adventures in wandering around London looking for Eve while wearing a dead teenage boy's pajamas.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I'm all for Villanelle's adventures in wandering around London looking for Eve while wearing a dead teenage boy's pajamas.

:yeah:

I hope she finds more stickers

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Eve googling 'eve, apple' tho lmfao

First time I've ever gone 'lol loving what' watching this show.

Good ep tho!!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY8RSxByPP0

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

:raise:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Agreed that the apple thing was silly but otherwise another great ep. Fuckin Julian Barratt was excellent.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

'I'll just masturbate onto this omelette then, I guess.'

'Okay! Love you!'

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

I thought a second season wasn't necessary but then I watched the first two episodes and now I know how wrong I was

Just wanna see Jodie Comer murder some people

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Episode 4: Villanelle rolling in a club tho

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

MelancholyMark posted:

I thought a second season wasn't necessary but then I watched the first two episodes and now I know how wrong I was

Yeah, I pretty much went from "I guess I'll watch it, but I don't think a second season is a good idea" to "no actually this show is great".

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Episode 5: 'Can I take your veil?' lmbo

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

So why did they let her go? Haven't they been trying to catch her this whole time? And they had her there under armed guard and then let her just leave? :confused:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tiggum posted:

So why did they let her go? Haven't they been trying to catch her this whole time? And they had her there under armed guard and then let her just leave? :confused:

That would just be rude you don't violate the sacred trust between assassin and client.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Tiggum posted:

She's working freelance now, so capturing her wouldn't get them any closer to the Twelve. Plus, Carolyn and Constantine clearly have their own agenda which relies on Villanelle remaining active.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Carolyn has good hobbies.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

:roflolmao:

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Villanelle's American accent and pushing that handler into traffic were both hilarious.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

<3

Faustian Bargain posted:

Villanelle's American accent and pushing that handler into traffic were both hilarious.

Give Comer an emmy for that accent alone, tbh! It was clearly a bad American accent, but it sounded like Russian whenever she slipped up, so it was more V doing a bad accent than Comer doing a bad accent and I lived for it.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
I am honestly so lovely this is not showing the UK yet. Or Chernobyl.

Not that I've ever payed the license fee but still :(

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I feel like this show is going off the rails. It just seems inconceivable that they’re working with Villanelle now, but everyone treats that like it’s NBD. Eve’s obsession with her seemed plausible in the first season, but is just increasingly weird now. The dialogue and performances are still great, but I’m really feeling the lower involvement of Waller-Bridge.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Comrade Fakename posted:

I feel like this show is going off the rails. It just seems inconceivable that they’re working with Villanelle now, but everyone treats that like it’s NBD. Eve’s obsession with her seemed plausible in the first season, but is just increasingly weird now. The dialogue and performances are still great, but I’m really feeling the lower involvement of Waller-Bridge.

It's MI6, do you need more reason for them doing odd poo poo with odd people?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I heard of this show and had no idea it was spy related, am gonna watch the first season now because I'm GB thread buddies with the OP.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Taintrunner posted:

I heard of this show and had no idea it was spy related, am gonna watch the first season now because I'm GB thread buddies with the OP.

Enjoy bb!

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

It's MI6, do you need more reason for them doing odd poo poo with odd people?

MI6 does some stupid poo poo, but when they need literally any pretty lady to infiltrate an organisation even they, I think, would not choose “the insane unstable assassin we spent a year hunting, who killed a friend of ours, and repeatedly threatened Eve, who is clearly dangerously obsessed with her”. They’d probably just click onto the next CV.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Comrade Fakename posted:

MI6 does some stupid poo poo, but when they need literally any pretty lady to infiltrate an organisation even they, I think, would not choose “the insane unstable assassin we spent a year hunting, who killed a friend of ours, and repeatedly threatened Eve, who is clearly dangerously obsessed with her”. They’d probably just click onto the next CV.

who gives a gently caress, stop over thinking it. it's not a bbc spy simulator.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

who gives a gently caress, stop over thinking it. it's not a bbc spy simulator.

I’m not expecting a spy simulator, I’m expecting characters who were hunting a psychopath to not be casually fine with suddenly working with said psychopath.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I feel like Carolyn is just watching all of this with bemused interest.
I loved Eve's freak-out in the van when Villanelle was put on the spot about philosophy her character should have known like the back of her hand. "Is there any chance at all she read the file?" And Konstantin immediately deadpans, "No."
This show is insane and surreal and intelligence agencies do dumb poo poo all the time(one could argue that "dumb poo poo" is most of what they do). I hope it doesn't wander into the weeds with its meta-plot and just focuses on Eve going insane and Villanelle killing people and Carolyn and Konstantin watching the two of them like they're toddlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Carolyn clearly has some agenda of her own, and is working closely with Konstantin to reach it. You have to think of this show as more in the fantastical spy vein of a Bond than a serious spy drama imo.