Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

All public servants should be paid higher salaries imo. Shame this is really really unpopular so it will never happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

FiftySeven posted:

They have been popping up on my recommends too, as far as I can see they seem to be trying to be as objective as possible which is fair enough. Its actually pretty useful to keep up with the amount of bullshit that has been happening in the past 2 weeks or so, its honestly blink and you miss it right now.

Annoyingly they have been popping up next the God awful Sun Newspapers youtube videos on the same subjects for me.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Capitalism isn’t so bad, we should reduce taxes on the rich because otherwise they’ll leave the country and what would we do without their money?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXGtMkKnpCM
AWAKEN, MY MPS, AND EMBRACE THE GLORY THAT IS YOUR BREXIT.
KNOW THAT I AM THE OVERMAY, THE ETERNAL WILL OF THE PEOPLE,
AND THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ELECTED TO VOTE FOR MY DEAL.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

The total absence of anything related to Brexit from tomorrow's Mail and Express is deeply lol

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
British April Fool's jokes have been banned this year under an archaic parliamentary order, amid warnings the public can no longer tell the difference between reality and farce. 

The statute from 1653 states that the issuing of false reports is strictly prohibited and punishable by the splitting of an offender’s ribs.

Officials in the Cabinet Office have taken the unusual step of asking media outlets to refrain from publishing the traditional stories on April 1 in case they trigger panic buying or spark riots.

The original statute was imposed by Oliver Cromwell when he became convinced that the public's mocking of his warts was undermining attempts to crush royalists after the civil war.

The measure was technically never revoked or overtaken in the statute books, and has now been revived by Cabinet Office Minister Lord Japes under a statutory instrument of the EU Withdrawal Act, the emergency legislation that underpins EU exit.

It comes after reports that in a no-deal scenario Britons could run short of toilet paper, will be stopped from taking their pets on holiday, or buy bottled drinking water in shops.

In a statement last night, the Cabinet Office warned that April Fool's pranks were now seen as a serious threat to the Government's attempts to maintain calm amid the Brexit crisis.

April 1 was due to be the first full business day in Britain following a scheduled Brexit on March 29.

Ali Ploorf, a spokesman for the Cabinet Office, said: “The whole country is on a Code Red for April 1. No one knows what’s real and what’s a joke any more.

“Imagine if some joker goes around a Waitrose in Dover shouting ‘There’s no milk! There’s no avocado!’ It will be pandemonium. So from now on any tomfoolery like this is banned.

“Our message to the public is this: if you hear a spine-tingling warning on the radio about Brexit and leaving without a deal, it’s not a joke - it’s Government policy.”

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hahaha

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
By allowing British business to operate freely under the state we can make the most of the globalist European marketing, trade and financial institutions. Our subsidiarity to the EU is only an issue if we were to reduce the influence of our corporations while subordinate to the European process. With remain on our side and the power of liberated opportunist markets we can take the driver's seat in Europe's central process and usher in a new age of British fueled trans-European liberty. It's time to come out of retirement, Tony. Labour party like it's 1999.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Horray, Theresa May solved the Brexit, and now everyone is satisfied.
---
Also, nthing the whole good job at continually great and amusing UKMToons, Azza Bamboo :toot:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Good morning/month UKMT.

April may be the cruellest month for us all but election chat in the previous thread has me fired up.

General Election Now. Let's bury the bastards

Edit oh poo poo it's April Fool's. Well IDGAF I meant what I said

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 1, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Landlords are a fine people that deserve our love and respect for providing us with fully-functioning homes for just a minor portion of our income :unsmith:

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
The NHS is a bloated archaic mess of an organisation and a drain on hardworking taxpayers. It requires the investment and management from private organisations like Virgin, G4S and Serco to improve efficiency, cut waste and deliver the best possible service to customers.

Thank god we have a plurality of viewpoints and diversity of background among our journalists, who all got their jobs solely through hard work and proven competence, to honestly discuss the issues facing our country today.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Pissflaps is a wonderful poster and the mandolin is a fine instrument

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

When you really think about it the British Empire was good for the world in every possible way.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Even though y'all are fake posting it's still making me cross, lol

The mandolin properly applied is pretty cool though

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There are good people on both sides of the argument and the most important thing is that we allow these to be debated on the marketplace of ideas.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Theresa May has tried her absolute best, bless her, and it's a shame the rest of Parliament can't grow up and compromise.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/1112596957049118721?s=19

I'm currently freezing waiting for a delayed train.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Absolute bants from Graylings parents having him as an April Fool.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Brits In

E: Come in ye Black and Tans/Come on and hug me like a man

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Good morning. I need to get a meal deal

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Azza Bamboo posted:

In this new thread I want to say thanks to the previous thread for a lot of fun inspiration for drawing, a lot of kind words about my art. Also thanks for teaching me what Labour can bring to the rural areas of my county, and some constructive new ideas about the relationship between Labour and the SNP. Also huge thanks to Renaissance Robot for giving me access to forums search and an inbox and to pumpinglemma for financing :brexit:.

I think your art is poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

fridge corn posted:

rude

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

Good morning. I need to get a meal deal

Do not go to Sainsbury’s

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

fridge corn posted:

Bad April’s fools this. You’re not supposed to be mean

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

What’s mean is Sainsbury’s reducing their meal deal selection

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

If I wanted a ham sarnie I’d make one you tight oval office

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Looke posted:

Do not go to Sainsbury’s

Going Co-op! They got gelatine free jelly apparently 😯

Plus Iron Bru, though I’m not set on drink choice yet

Looke posted:

They used to be so good 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

JFairfax posted:

Pissflaps is a wonderful poster and the mandolin is a fine instrument

I move for a 1-day suspension of the threadban on Pissflaps, his sterling contributions will surely improve our discourse on this important day in the Brexit process.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

fridge corn posted:

I think your ‘art’ is poo poo

Fixed

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Looke posted:

I voted leave so the meal deal situation would improve. Better meal deals when??

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Looke posted:

Do not go to Sainsbury’s

No, the whole point of April Fool's is to say things that aren't true

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I just think Chuka and his gang are bloody brave for standing up to the broken two-party system. They've got my vote.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
The Guardian announces that Michael Gove is the dynamic, charismatic (dare we say 'sexy'?) Tory leader who will take Brexit over the line, bringing the country together as one.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I think notch makes some good points and he stands up for the little guy because freedom of speech is being taken away and we all need to listen to him and ben shapiro about the rise of cultural marxism

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Everything is fine things will go well and the pile of cans under the stairs is a complete overreaction

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

It's me, I am Jeremy Corbyn.

Ask me about my favourite jam products.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I listened to that 'hbomber' man and found him to be in very poor taste; people have a right to their opinions and there's no need to be so rude to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Communist Bear posted:

It's me, I am Jeremy Corbyn.

Ask me about my favourite jam products.

What's your favourite jam products