Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is there a joke in the poll?
This poll is closed.
Nope 12 8.16%
Nothing 10 6.80%
Sorry 18 12.24%
Bowsette 107 72.79%
Total: 147 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The 7th Guest posted:

i'm realizing now that my laptop and desktop can both do modern AAA gaming that there's actually not a lot of great AAA PC games per year

the average aaa game is like shadow of the tomb raider or darksiders 3, and anthem was 'the big one' of the first half of 2019 lol

Ace Combat 7, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Devil May Cry 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

The White Dragon posted:

yeah bluestacks works fine if you like how it constantly randomly downloads and advertises games you don't want to play, and never stops needling you to activate hardware virtualization and i'm like idgaf about dropped frames

It doesn't download the actual game, it just puts a random game on your "desktop" which you can easily ignore. Can't speak about the hardware virtualization thing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

yeah i guess there is DMC5, i could throw that on the wishlist

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

yeah at least there's that

otherwise it's a kind of meh year for pc aaa. i may be the only person who liked wolfenstein 2 so i'm interested in youngblood but that's about it. borderlands 3, no. rage 2, no. control, wait and see but also epic store. jedi fallen order, who cares. code vein probably sucks

i guess there's whatever ubisoft announces at E3, but unless it's rayman ubiarts 2 i dont care. they're probably going to announce watch dogs 3 with aiden pearce back as the protag. and the next asscreed is probably coming 2020

AAA games are boring. I'm more interested in The Sinking City, Blacksad, Sea of Solitude, Pathologic 2, Void Bastards, Outer Worlds, Katana Zero, Sable, Phoenix Point, Ori 2, Biomutant, and Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.

In the shadow of AAA games failing left and right the rise of the "AA" game is coming back.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

I wish the word horny struck from the English language

i tried getting “horney” going for a while there it didn’t really pan out though

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

al-azad posted:

AAA games are boring. I'm more interested in The Sinking City, Blacksad, Sea of Solitude, Pathologic 2, Void Bastards, Outer Worlds, Katana Zero, Sable, Phoenix Point, Ori 2, Biomutant, and Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.

In the shadow of AAA games failing left and right the rise of the "AA" game is coming back.

I sure hope they add manual saves into Pathologic 2 because that crash eating the entire day will suck a whole lot at like day 9

P excited for it otherwise

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I'm not kidding when I say shakedown Miami is May's game of the month, it looks better than a lot of AAA open world offerings right now. A game that didn't forget it's a game is always a good thing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/Julian_Epp/status/1123313084897087488

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hwurmp posted:

let's just humiliate it and step on it instead

This thread has been very very bad and it deserves to be punished

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What was April’s GotM?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sekiro, probably for every month remaining in 2019 too until maybe doom eternal comes out

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
congrats to Dragon's Dogma, April GOTM

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

What was April’s GotM?

*checks notes*

Onimusha: Warlords?!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

What was April’s GotM?

The World Next Door for me

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

I'm not kidding when I say shakedown Miami is May's game of the month, it looks better than a lot of AAA open world offerings right now. A game that didn't forget it's a game is always a good thing.

i haven't really looked into it at all because retro city rampage sucked and it's main point of interest was the dev porting it to everywhere just because they could

Jay Rust posted:

What was April’s GotM?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv_LUOjToL4

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Serious answer: Modern Warfare was an absolute banger of a game, pure action movie goodness right into my veins

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I only played Persona 5/Xenoblade 2 so congratulations to extremely long JRPGs for winning April + getting me through the month of no games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played a bunch of stuff but I stick to the letter of the law and none of it came out in April so: nothing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

al-azad posted:

i'm fine with that, i just meant there's not a TON of games to push my gpu that fall into my line of interest this year. i'm in wait and see mode when it comes to sinking city, outer worlds and biomutant

e: actually biomutant is THQ so gently caress them

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

i'm fine with that, i just meant there's not a TON of games to push my gpu that fall into my line of interest this year. i'm in wait and see mode when it comes to sinking city, outer worlds and biomutant

e: actually biomutant is THQ so gently caress them

Is THQ Nordic the 8chan guys?

e: lol yep

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Do yourself a favor and just blacklist THQ nordic games.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

What was April’s GotM?

katamari reroll

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Crabtree posted:

Do yourself a favor and just blacklist THQ nordic games.

I'll probably have to make an exception for Desperados 3 which THQ is distributing but it's developed by the Shadow Tactics team and they deserve money as a small studio.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

What was April’s GotM?

currently a tie between yakuza 0 and...pokemon insurgence??

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

What was April’s GotM?

yuppie psycho

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Goodbye April thread. I hope May's brings less weird arguments and more joyful video game discussion.

On that thought how about May Game Discourse Be With You (Game Chat Thread) :v:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Phantasium posted:

i haven't really looked into it at all because retro city rampage sucked and it's main point of interest was the dev porting it to everywhere just because they could

I was the same way, but some early access streams changed my mind. It looks really fun. Gonna get it day one to support the crazy man for getting it out so quickly compared to last time.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Convex posted:

Goodbye April thread. I hope May's brings less weird arguments and more joyful video game discussion.

Do not wish discourse upon us please

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
may day is games day

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
if it's discourse you want, i have some opinions about which dark souls is the best I can bring to the may thread

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

cheetah7071 posted:

back to randy it is, then

Was it divine inspiration that gave Mrs. Pitchford the perfect name for her newborn son?

Or was it magic?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

if it's discourse you want, i have some opinions about which dark souls is the best I can bring to the may thread

:discourse:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Convex posted:

no star wars in this house, please

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

What was April’s GotM?

Witcher 3.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

The new Valve VR headset coming out in June, will developers have to release updates for their games to support it?
nope, any game built on steamvr will just work, they do have to explicitly support the new controllers if they want finger tracking but valve has been sending beta controllers to practically any dev that wants one for years so a ton of stuff already supports it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The 7th Guest posted:

i'm realizing now that my laptop and desktop can both do modern AAA gaming that there's actually not a lot of great AAA PC games per year

the average aaa game is like shadow of the tomb raider or darksiders 3, and anthem was 'the big one' of the first half of 2019 lol

RE2 is incredible on PC + it's got a randomizer mod, and Iceborn will be coming later this year if you like MonHun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And he'll you can emulate decades of wonderful games while running a steam card idling program to stack pennies on the side. PC gaming ftw

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

i tried getting “horney” going for a while there it didn’t really pan out though

hornidh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Something Awful's Brand New Free 2 May MMO Chat Thread (w/ Microtransactions)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everybody, what's shakin in this thread, how is everyone doing