Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Gazpacho posted:

otoh, i don't think google plus ever had a data privacy scandal

e;fb multiple times

they were a big part of the aurora thing a while back too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
I'm guessing probably not.
(i'm assuming your referring to the pedophile thing?)

if not:

two+ years to do anything about it.

Classy! I don't think I'm alone in saying google are well overdue their day.
I'm hoping when it goes down, the poo poo that MS & FB and other have been through is made to look like child's play by comparison.
(it won't - they are too deeply integrated at this point)

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Silver Alicorn posted:

facebooks stuff is probably worse. ms might be able to save face

tbh, I wasn't really concerned about the pedo stuff - that's a surface level deceit against the societies they operate in.
it's obviously beyond awful, but it only really speak to one area of their awfulness (in that they obviously don't give a poo poo what happens on their platform as long as they exist and make money).

I was really more concerned and their penetration of and integration into the US government at scale and their (it seems likely) huge influence over policy of the departments they have captured.

Where Amazon were trying to be the sole liaison point for the US Govt procurement, they really were very late to the game.

tl;dr:
it seems likely the US govt seems hostage to the G-MAFIA (lol funy acronym)

apols for boring up a fun thread