Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Sadio is more than skilled enough but he won't go because he's a nice lad who is Liverpool through and through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

He’s amazing m8

We’re talking about Sadio, not Gucci

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Karl Sharks posted:

Not underrated as a player, but as a personality since I still don't think he speaks much/great English so it's purely about him as a player and not as a person, which is an extra dimension in the age of crazy amounts of (social) media.

He moved to England nearly 8 years ago at the age of 23, is he Beckham thick?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Strawman posted:

Maybe he’s just very professional. Or his personal life is high maintenance. Having had Diego Maradona as a father-in-law for 4 years cannot have been be easy.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Strawman posted:

He and David Silva and a few others pretended for a long time to not know English to get out of interviews. I'm pretty sure he can hold a conversation just fine.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

pik_d posted:

He and David Silva and a few others pretended for a long time to not know English to get out of interviews. I'm pretty sure he can hold a conversation just fine.

That's probably it, end result is the same you just don't know much about him outside of "he's a fantastic striker."

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
He's definitely a bit dim I'd say. I did feel a bit sorry for him (the multi millionaire footballer) when in the All or Nothing City doc they went round his house and he showed off his trophy and game room and said he doesn't have many friends or people to hang out with when his ex is back in Argentina with his kid, which is most of the time

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Brony Car posted:

Maybe he’s just very professional. Or his personal life is high maintenance. Having had Diego Maradona as a father-in-law for 4 years cannot have been be easy.

He's too professional to learn how to talk to anyone else at work?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’ll be agueros mate. Someone send me his whatsapp

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Great choice imo

https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1122985195131551746?s=19

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

:thunk:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

lmao

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

https://twitter.com/fistedaway/status/1123006378912690177

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

11m vs 29.5m? Is this a quiz on the number of slave labourers exploited for the club's wealth?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

an_mutt posted:

11m vs 29.5m? Is this a quiz on the number of slave labourers exploited for the club's wealth?

You don't get "own a football club" rich without some epic cuntery along the way and brown rich people don't have a monopoly on said cuntery.

Malcom Glazer made his fortunes profiteering on all manner of human needs including healthcare and property ownership as well as the planet killing oil and gas industry. Henry got his start off family money from soybean farming, later went on to make money from the corn industry and fiddling in the markets. Werner is a bedfellow of the Clintons. Abramovich is a Russian oligarch, Arsenal made bank from Emirates.

"They're not all the same as slave labour" indeed, but they all exploit people/resources that can't do poo poo about it. Taking some moral high ground aim at City's lovely ownership for being a different brand (colour?) of lovely as if there's some ethical clean handed owners of Premier League clubs that would romp to titles if not for those dirty handed exploiters is laughable.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bundy posted:

You don't get "own a football club" rich without some epic cuntery along the way and brown rich people don't have a monopoly on said cuntery.

Malcom Glazer made his fortunes profiteering on all manner of human needs including healthcare and property ownership as well as the planet killing oil and gas industry. Henry got his start off family money from soybean farming, later went on to make money from the corn industry and fiddling in the markets. Werner is a bedfellow of the Clintons. Abramovich is a Russian oligarch, Arsenal made bank from Emirates.

"They're not all the same as slave labour" indeed, but they all exploit people/resources that can't do poo poo about it. Taking some moral high ground aim at City's lovely ownership for being a different brand (colour?) of lovely as if there's some ethical clean handed owners of Premier League clubs that would romp to titles if not for those dirty handed exploiters is laughable.

this is correct

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
vincentkompanythereisnosuchthingasethicalconsumptionundercaptalism.jpeg

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Bundy posted:

While you are correct (although I don't think the criticism of City's owners and not others is a racial thing), the difference is that City is being used as a PR exercise by an oppressive state who will probably never be held accountable and don't even have to pretend that they're not shits. Whataboutery doesn't make that ok. Also, there is a difference between a shady person owning something and a shady state as they can basically act outside of the law because they set and control the laws in their own country. Call me naive, but I think states should be held to a higher standard.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Mickolution posted:

While you are correct (although I don't think the criticism of City's owners and not others is a racial thing), the difference is that City is being used as a PR exercise by an oppressive state who will probably never be held accountable and don't even have to pretend that they're not shits. Whataboutery doesn't make that ok. Also, there is a difference between a shady person owning something and a shady state as they can basically act outside of the law because they set and control the laws in their own country. Call me naive, but I think states should be held to a higher standard.

UAE is bad but not as bad as India/Bangladesh/Pakistan/Philippines. Make of that what you will but life is pretty good there as long as one is willing to sacrifice an intangible concept of workers rights and freedom of expression which didn't exist for them before they migrated.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
lets not forget all those chinese betting companies sponsoring teams!!!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

lets not forget all those chinese betting companies sponsoring teams!!!

I have issues with any betting company sponsoring teams tbh.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

CyberPingu posted:

I have issues with any betting company sponsoring teams tbh.

i dont know man ive been looking through your post history and i see a lot of fun88

e: sorry, 1488

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

UAE is bad but not as bad as India/Bangladesh/Pakistan/Philippines. Make of that what you will but life is pretty good there as long as one is willing to sacrifice an intangible concept of workers rights and freedom of expression which didn't exist for them before they migrated.

I don't think it's pretty good if you're a foreign worker or a woman or a gay person.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
give me middle eastern oil money over denise coates any day of the week. that is true rotten core of football ownership. oil comes out of the ground and is sold to industrial states for a huge profit with little to no relationship with the citizenry of that state. gambling is mining the misery of the working class

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Mickolution posted:

I don't think it's pretty good if you're a foreign worker or a woman or a gay person.

way to miss my point

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

way to miss my point

Yeah, sorry. I misread your post!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
(bring back pwm)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i dont know man ive been looking through your post history and i see a lot of fun88

e: sorry, 1488

Idgi

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

It’s just a forced attempt at being edgy

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Gary Neville is going to flip his lid

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I mean only one of the owners is actively hurling people off buildings for having the wrong sexual preference.

Shout out to Fenway Sports Group for materially supporting extrajudicial kidnap and torture by the USA though

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Byolante posted:

I mean only one of the owners is actively hurling people off buildings for having the wrong sexual preference.

Shout out to Fenway Sports Group for materially supporting extrajudicial kidnap and torture by the USA though

which owner is that?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

which owner is that?

Ashley, probably...

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

RideTheSpiral posted:

which owner is that?

Gold and Sullivan threw Arnautovic off a building into a giant bin full of dildos

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

fat gay nonce posted:

Gold and Sullivan threw Arnautovic off a building into a giant bin full of dildos

im insanely into this

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

fat gay nonce posted:

Gary Neville is going to flip his lid

Maybe Neville should have tried managing restaurants and sportswear lines instead of managing some no-hope club in Bongo-Bongo Land.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

fat gay nonce posted:

That's what he said in A&E, what are the odds? A million to one it would've ended up there.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

(bring back pwm)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lmao at this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Does Ferdinand have his coaching badges? In all seriousness, if Van Der Saar and Overmars could start turning things around at Ajax, there have to be ways that United's crop of ex-players could get a skillset that would make them helpful members of the club's hierarchy.