Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Jose posted:

I had no idea that Fulham's director of football was the owners son

isnt he off starting a wrestling federation in america?

the mystery is starting to unravel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Bundy posted:

I'm unsure what you want me to elaborate on here.

your opinion that I quoted?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Pogba's attitude seems to be "Im being paid the most money at the club therefore i can do whatever the gently caress i want"

Where it should be "You are being paid the most money. Do what the gently caress you are told and lead by example"

It should be the same for all players technically, but especially the guys who are on the highest wage bills.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

kcer posted:

your opinion that I quoted?

Why did I take umbrage with his attitude under Mourinho? He's a professional paid millions to do a job, do it. Why do I take umbrage with him seeming not in the mood lately? He's a professional paid millions to do a job, do it. Take issue with tactics, dislike the manager, whatever, but that doesn't excuse the languid wandering about and making a face when something doesn't come off when a moment does present itself and he can finally be arsed in a match.

The problem with building a team around Pogba is when he's not "in the mood" it shows across the rest of the team. Give Pogba time and space and comfort and he seems to be happy to showcase himself and the "Old United" comes back. The second a team makes things a bit difficult for either him with marking or the team as a whole with a switch of tactics and Pogba disappears.

PSG happened without Pogba on the pitch. Solsjkaer's managerial mettle isn't going to be tested through a top four finish or not, it's going to be in how he handles the Pogba problem.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i like the way trp posters think that footballers can play world class games every single week but simply choose not to

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Jose posted:

I had no idea that Fulham's director of football was the owners son
Daddy just lost a hundred million big ones for letting his son play real life Football Manager

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

RideTheSpiral posted:

i like the way trp posters think that footballers can play world class games every single week but simply choose not to

its pogba bro

griezmann and kante could have carried me to a world cup too

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

RideTheSpiral posted:

Good job completely missing the point

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

RideTheSpiral posted:

Absolutely not at all what I said.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Imagine thinking a dabbing Jonjo Shelvey isn't a world class player doing his very best every week.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

sassassin posted:

Imagine thinking a dabbing Jonjo Shelvey isn't a world class player doing his very best every week.

Big Jonj can’t even get into the team ahead of a championship caliber Hayden or the corpse of Diame

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

CyberPingu posted:

Good job completely missing the point

your point ate bro

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

oh hang on my bad, I misread, I thought you said you didn't take umbrage under Mourinho

sorry!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

kcer posted:

oh hang on my bad, I misread, I thought you said you didn't take umbrage under Mourinho

sorry!

Well that's my initial confusion cleared up! :D

Yeah, Mourinho's issues were there for all to see but plenty of players still at least appeared to try and do their best.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

After months of rumors, it’s finally official

https://twitter.com/Wolves/status/1113765633420943361?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Big Jonj can’t even get into the team ahead of a championship caliber Hayden or the corpse of Diame

Hayden is definitely premier league caliber now

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-transfers-agent-fees-16077111?s

quote:

Premier League intermediary fees (ranked by value):

1. Liverpool - £43,795,863

2. Manchester City - £24,122,753

3. Manchester United - £20,759,350

4. Chelsea - £26,850,552

5. Everton - £19,116,370

6. West Ham United - £14,414,845

7. Leicester City - £12,720,618

8. Arsenal - £11,181,730

9. Tottenham Hotspur - £11,141,255

10. Watford - £10,894,179

11. AFC Bournemouth - £10,295,433

12. Newcastle United - £8,868,027

13. Fulham - £8,234,360

14. Crystal Palace - £6,976,425

15. Brighton & Hove Albion - £6,859,429

16. Wolverhampton Wanderers - £6,479,714

17. Southampton - £6,151,107

18. Huddersfield Town - £5,023,807

19. Burnley - £3,975,928

20. Cardiff City - £2,802,375

*This covers the period February 1, 2018, to January 31, 2019

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Why are Chelsea ranked 4th when they have a higher agent spend than either #2 or #3?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they hosed up the list

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Fulham paid that little despite buying every player over the summer?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Fulham paid that little despite buying every player over the summer?

The similarity between Fulham and Newcastle struck me as odd too.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

CyberPingu posted:

Might be a personal opinion, but does anyone else think that highest paid players at clubs should really be the ones that are towing the club line the hardest, as opposed to thinking that the club should fall in line with whatever they want?

Sometimes these guys are becoming a club's highest paid player just to bring them there as opposed to going to other clubs, so I can see why that mentality does not show much. I bet they all think they're at "market rates" and someone else in the next transfer will be making more.

That's scary. Looks like a trailer for a movie about a psychotic murderer.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 4, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bundy posted:

The similarity between Fulham and Newcastle struck me as odd too.

Ki's agent probably got a huge amount since he was a free transfer. The article says this 17 agents got paid in total

also lol

quote:

Juan Mata (07/08/18) - Representing Salomon Rondon

Jose fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 4, 2019

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Brony Car posted:

That's scary. Looks like a trailer for a movie about a psychotic murderer.

Lol yeah they did a teaser the day before that was just as weird.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

also lol

It’s his dad.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Shrapnig posted:

It’s his dad.

Wow, little Juan was a player, seems like she must've been a big lass too.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Red Tops suggesting that Pogba is wanting £500k a week, PSG are willing to match De Gea's £350k wage mark and Richarlison could be off to Liverpool in the summer.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Red Tops suggesting that Pogba is wanting £500k a week, PSG are willing to match De Gea's £350k wage mark and Richarlison could be off to Liverpool in the summer.

No way Ole blinks given it's his dream to emulate Sir Alex. Depends how much Woodward's head is screwed on though.

There's been concrete statements from sources at the club around De Gea (basically he's not going anywhere and we'll do what it takes to keep him) and relative silence around Pogba so most likely Raiola is jumping on the De Gea/Herrera stuff and getting the ear of the press.

If true it makes little sense, given Pogba's recent performances, they're not exactly a compelling reason to get a new deal on even higher wages and it's not exactly been much of a shop window.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

This might sound really dumb but bear with me. In Utd fans opinions from this forum, if you could get somewhere close to £100m for Pogba, would you take that and try fill out some of the other positions that Utd are lacking in. Or is he one of those players that OGS thinks he can get the best out of consistently?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Only United are retarded enough to pay 100 million for pogba

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

How much would Liverpool have to offer for Richarlison to have this rumor make any sense? Like £90m? No way.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

£70 is the rumour. Which still seems to much unless theres serious credence to the Mane to Madrid rumours .

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

This might sound really dumb but bear with me. In Utd fans opinions from this forum, if you could get somewhere close to £100m for Pogba, would you take that and try fill out some of the other positions that Utd are lacking in. Or is he one of those players that OGS thinks he can get the best out of consistently?

Saner fans would choose for Pogba to go at this point I think, if it's a choice between him getting a massive new contract or flogging him for a lump sum. The larger concern remains recruitment rather than sales whatever happens with Pogba. No one will give a poo poo if we recruit well this summer (there's stuff coming out that both Phelan and OGS have concerns about the current setup, surprise surprise, so I expect to see something change there, DoF or no DoF) and pack Pogba off somewhere with the air of "SAF was right".

Pogba is the least of the problems if Smalling remains a nailed on starter, Shaw is the only credible left back, Young/Dalot the only options at RB and the next best midfielders after a moody Pogba that are first choice are an aging Matic and an about to leave Herrera. McTominay doesn't look ready to start being a guaranteed starter to replace Herrera and the jury should stay out on Fred until next season imo.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Only United are retarded enough to pay 100 million for pogba

I imagine at least 5 clubs would consider paying 100m for Pogba

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Pogba's social media manager deserves a statue. Done incredible work.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Diva Cupcake posted:

How much would Liverpool have to offer for Richarlison to have this rumor make any sense? Like £90m? No way.

It's a bollocks rumour from the Brazilian press. It's not going to happen.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

It all comes down to the short amount of time left on his contract. Seems pretty obvious by now he has no plans to extend, and as much as I think there is a value there as a player, I don't see how United hang on to him this summer.

Who knows. All depends on the stupid 4th place trophy

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

RideTheSpiral posted:

I imagine at least 5 clubs would consider paying 100m for Pogba
PSG, Real and?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Xabi posted:

PSG, Real and?

chelsea after sarri, barca needs a reboot, bayern are spending big, liverpool would probably love to have him

?? Dunno really but players are going for crazy money

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

RideTheSpiral posted:

chelsea after sarri, barca needs a reboot, bayern are spending big, liverpool would probably love to have him

?? Dunno really but players are going for crazy money

Liverpool arent really in the business of buying players with historical drama issues...anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

There is absolutely no way Pogba transfers directly to Liverpool for any kind of fee that we'd expect for him even if Klopp wanted him. There'd be uproar on both sides and Pogba's reception at Anfield would be hilarious.