Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bundy posted:

There is absolutely no way Pogba transfers directly to Liverpool for any kind of fee that we'd expect for him even if Klopp wanted him. There'd be uproar on both sides and Pogba's reception at Anfield would be hilarious.

obviously it would be unlikely but hypothetically I’m sure they’d pay that much for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

RideTheSpiral posted:

chelsea after sarri, barca needs a reboot, bayern are spending big, liverpool would probably love to have him

?? Dunno really but players are going for crazy money

There's no way United sell a player directly to Liverpool and I don't see current Chelsea spending £100m+ on a player.

edit: Aren't PSG scraping by with FFP at the minute anyway? I thought that's why they took Mbappe on loan for a season first. Unless they sell Neymar for a profit, of course.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I don’t see anyone but PSG and maybe Madrid paying that kind of money for Pogba, and Madrid seems unlikely.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

blue footed boobie posted:

I don’t see anyone but PSG and maybe Madrid paying that kind of money for Pogba, and Madrid seems unlikely.

Didn't Raiola and Zidane make eyes at each other in the press recently? I don't know how much Real Madrid can afford to buy for Zidane given the stadium plans but I can certainly see Woodward falling for some sort of deal involving cash plus Bale.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Mickolution posted:

There's no way United sell a player directly to Liverpool and I don't see current Chelsea spending £100m+ on a player.

edit: Aren't PSG scraping by with FFP at the minute anyway? I thought that's why they took Mbappe on loan for a season first. Unless they sell Neymar for a profit, of course.

Madrid are absolutely going to spend stupid money on Neymar instead of Mbappe

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jose posted:

Madrid are absolutely going to spend stupid money on Neymar instead of Mbappe

Of course they are. I wouldn't worry about stadium expenses derailing any Madrid spending, because I'm sure the Spanish government will take care of it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Jason Sextro posted:

Of course they are. I wouldn't worry about stadium expenses derailing any Madrid spending, because I'm sure the Spanish government will take care of it.

It's like Franco never died!

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Mickolution posted:

Wasn't it Gabriel Heinze that ManU absolutely refused to sell to Liverpool a while back ago?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Shroud posted:

Wasn't it Gabriel Heinze that ManU absolutely refused to sell to Liverpool a while back ago?

Yes.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

United Tory scum confirmed

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Shroud posted:

Yeah, if I remember right there was some backdoor plan to sell him to a club in Europe who we would just buy him off straight away.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Absolutely a big missed chance on having a split Aston Villa/West Ham badge represented by one particular pig loving Tory

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Confirmed the Pool is the biggest antisemite club even more than the Chels

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

How many Liverpool supporting MPs are Blairites versus Corbyn-lovers?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i have to assume that SNP chelsea fan hasn't actually been to stamford bridge and seen all the red hand no surrender union jacks

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I'm still doing all the lols about the idea of Barcelona buying a black player

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Byolante posted:

I'm still doing all the lols about the idea of Barcelona buying a black player

i don't know if this idea is more or less funny than the one of them actively seeking out and signing kevin prince boateng

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

FullLeatherJacket posted:

i don't know if this idea is more or less funny than the one of them actively seeking out and signing kevin prince boateng

Or spending $100m on Ousmane Dembele.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1115016550535311360
https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1115161545963638784

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Rip Florian Lejeune you’ve been real good but now you’ve died twice

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I'm honestly quite torn between agreeing that this is a problem that should be fixed and pointing out that the three clubs that didn't meet the quota are Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Southampton and that all the people who wanted to watch those games that weren't already going to them could fill a decent sized minibus

At some point, though, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world that teams that do well get more money than teams that don't. You don't want to turn it into one of those leagues where the sole negotiating aim of the smaller clubs is to get to play eight games each against Rangers and Celtic each season, it has to be proportional and balanced, but historically giving lots of tv money to crap teams has generally just meant wage inflation for crap players and then clubs being unable to meet their liabilities once they get relegated

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I dunno. Steepening the top 6 - safe pl - relegation battlers - top of champo - rest of champo slope doesn't seem like it'll do anyone any favours.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

tarbrush posted:

I dunno. Steepening the top 6 - safe pl - relegation battlers - top of champo - rest of champo slope doesn't seem like it'll do anyone any favours.

Are there any safe sides outside the top 6 any more? Leicester, Everton and Wolves maybe if you count sides that were promoted this season.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Strawman posted:

Are there any safe sides outside the top 6 any more? Leicester, Everton and Wolves maybe if you count sides that were promoted this season.

West ham and Watford.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

tarbrush posted:

I'm not particularly saying that it should be steepened from where it already is, just that the biggest issues in football right now aren't that the smaller clubs can't afford to field competitive teams and need to be artificially propped up to do so

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Seems fair if you're a poo poo team playing poo poo football that no-one wants to watch outside of your fanbase you should get on tv less.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I'd be interested to see the vote split when the TV money change was voted through. The Big Six can't sway the vote themselves, which means at least 4 of the other sides (and I'd guarantee Everton are one of them) voted for it as well with the hope that they'd benefit down the line.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Seems fair if you're a poo poo team playing poo poo football that no-one wants to watch outside of your fanbase you should get on tv less.

Maybe they'd be less poo poo and the league would be more even and watchable if they got more money

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bacon Terrorist posted:

You might want to think this through again

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Bacon Terrorist posted:

isn't one of the issues with the imbalance in la liga that the league has individual tv deals so real and barca get most of the tv money?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Give every team in the top two divisions the same money regardless of position and let Sky put Liverpool and Leeds on as much as they want.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
All Billionaires should get equal TV time regardless of whether they own a football club or not imho

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bundy posted:

Saner fans would choose for Pogba to go at this point I think, if it's a choice between him getting a massive new contract or flogging him for a lump sum. The larger concern remains recruitment rather than sales whatever happens with Pogba. No one will give a poo poo if we recruit well this summer (there's stuff coming out that both Phelan and OGS have concerns about the current setup, surprise surprise, so I expect to see something change there, DoF or no DoF) and pack Pogba off somewhere with the air of "SAF was right".

Pogba is the least of the problems if Smalling remains a nailed on starter, Shaw is the only credible left back, Young/Dalot the only options at RB and the next best midfielders after a moody Pogba that are first choice are an aging Matic and an about to leave Herrera. McTominay doesn't look ready to start being a guaranteed starter to replace Herrera and the jury should stay out on Fred until next season imo.

id love to see a swap with the other pogba at tours

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Breath Ray posted:

id love to see a swap with the other pogba at tours

Pogba twins in a straight swap for Paul to Atlanta United?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Early reports are that Kane is out for the season.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shrapnig posted:

Early reports are that Kane is out for the season.

That loving sucks for Spurs, but at least Son can still do a job

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Harry Kane’s ankles are just the regen of Dean Ashton

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Spurs apparently do better when Son is fit without Kane anyway so...

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
*a smiling Bill Nicholson*

Go on my Son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Bundy posted:

Spurs apparently do better when Son is fit without Kane anyway so...