Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I apologize for doubting Janela's ability to make an hour long ironman match work

https://twitter.com/KVR216/status/1155641715652472832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Yeah that ruled

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chris James 2 posted:

I apologize for doubting Janela's ability to make an hour long ironman match work

https://twitter.com/KVR216/status/1155641715652472832

Same. I thought he'd be blown up and it'd be 45 minutes of slow trash. I've never been so happy to have been wrong.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
don't need rest holds to catch your wind when you both have to sell from a bunch of crazy bumps

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

"We're losing thousands per week on Uncharted Territory, what do we do?"

"Dig up stupid!"
Renting by the month is cheaper than by the day, plus they can use it to make money the entire rest of the time.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

"We're losing thousands per week on Uncharted Territory, what do we do?"

"Dig up stupid!"

they're going the route of operating a residency with twice weekly shows in a single venue man

I thought you would like Arena Pawtucket

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cory Lidle posted:

Renting by the month is cheaper than by the day, plus they can use it to make money the entire rest of the time.

They are going to be running another series on top of the already money losing one and running a brick and mortar operation isn't as simple as "making money the rest of the time."

I'm cool with them running closer to me but Beyond's business plan this year is "steal half a streaming service from its founder and run a big time money losing weekly series." I'm not convinced these are winning plans.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At this point I accept that this is a business full of idiots and only McMahons are destined to be able to overcome consequences. I just try to enjoy the ride while it lasts for the rest

This outlived WrestleCircus twice, so it’s already better than average so far. Quality’s a bonus

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I really enjoyed the show but Americanrana kind of convinced me that Beyond's ambitions are outpacing their abilities. The venue was weird, they really didn't take advantage of the facilities, and at times it was hard to view it as their biggest show of the year instead of just another indie show. I hope they keep things going and keep getting bigger but they really need to figure out how to put some polish on their product if they want to get to the level of their ambitions.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Gumball Gumption posted:

I really enjoyed the show but Americanrana kind of convinced me that Beyond's ambitions are outpacing their abilities. The venue was weird, they really didn't take advantage of the facilities, and at times it was hard to view it as their biggest show of the year instead of just another indie show. I hope they keep things going and keep getting bigger but they really need to figure out how to put some polish on their product if they want to get to the level of their ambitions.

You're right, but I do like Beyond as the Ween to Chikara's They Might Be Giants and I'd hate to see them lose that in the name of ambition.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

They are going to be running another series on top of the already money losing one and running a brick and mortar operation isn't as simple as "making money the rest of the time."

I'm cool with them running closer to me but Beyond's business plan this year is "steal half a streaming service from its founder and run a big time money losing weekly series." I'm not convinced these are winning plans.
TBF the founder is a dink and they're better off without him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cory Lidle posted:

TBF the founder is a dink and they're better off without him.

While I am skeptical about the viability of this business I am not skeptical how funny it is that a dude got cut out of a business he was partners in by his partners opening the same exact business under a different name. It's fantastic comedy.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

The NHL exists because the owners of the NHA thought one of the other owners was a total dink so they voted to 'temporarily' suspend the National Hockey Association, then immediately start a new league that was identical in every way, same players on the same teams with the same names, except it was the "National Hockey League" now and also the one guy wasn't invited.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Beyond Wrestling - No Homers Club

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Season 1 finale tonight

Nerder Death Kill (Nick Gage and Thomas Santell) vs Bear Country (Bear Beefcake and Bear Bronson)
Chuck O'Neil vs Wheeler Yuta
Solo Darling vs Alex Reynolds
Butcher and the Blade (Andy Williams and Braxton Sutter) vs Milk Chocolate (Brandon Watts and Randy Summers)
Anthony Greene and the Platinum Hunnies (Angel Sinclair and Ava Everett) vs Club Cam (Cam Zagami, Kenn Doane and Christian Casanova)
Jay Freddie vs Brandon Thurston
Top Dogs (Sierra, Davienne and Skylar) vs Leyla Hirsch and the Sea Stars (Delmi Exo and Ashley Vox)
Discovery Gauntlet: Daniel Garcia vs Bullet Joe

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Kenn Doane holding tights on a rollup on a wrestler he out-sizes like triple-fold is LOL-worthy.

BIG BACONNNNNN!!!!

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Bullet Joe is Shamus level white

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

So I just looked it up and I guess Andy Williams stared wrestling like 3 years ago and hes really really good for being a relative newcomer and an older guy at that. Just did one of the coolest move ive seen in a while, a cloverleaf power bomb.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
what if DC is working people about how much beyond is floundering

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Hahahahah what is this ending? This is like RAW before Royal Rumble

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

KungFu Grip posted:

they just pulled in a gate of like $40,000 for Americanrana

they're going to rent out the theater at the Pawtucket Armory which is about 5000 sq feet

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

KungFu Grip posted:

I've been wondering about this, at least on a show to show basis.

Uncharted Territory attendance has largely been pretty consistent, especially once the shows had to move to the White Eagle. Attendance for the regular shows seems stronger than it was during some of the lulls of the last couple years. The name value on the average show has gone down without a noticeable hit to attendance, and most of the names he's used (besides the Tanaka, SCU, etc. types on some of the early episodes) are Beyond regulars who likely give Drew their "brother rate." So one would think that the talent budget is relatively in check. Outside of maybe the rent for Electric Haze and White Eagle being stupidly high for what they offer (which is a rumor that's gone around, and one that the new move makes me wonder about) and having to mitigate past losses, Beyond certainly doesn't FEEL like a promotion that should be losing thousands on every show right now.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

davidbix posted:

I've been wondering about this, at least on a show to show basis.

Uncharted Territory attendance has largely been pretty consistent, especially once the shows had to move to the White Eagle. Attendance for the regular shows seems stronger than it was during some of the lulls of the last couple years. The name value on the average show has gone down without a noticeable hit to attendance, and most of the names he's used (besides the Tanaka, SCU, etc. types on some of the early episodes) are Beyond regulars who likely give Drew their "brother rate." So one would think that the talent budget is relatively in check. Outside of maybe the rent for Electric Haze and White Eagle being stupidly high for what they offer (which is a rumor that's gone around, and one that the new move makes me wonder about) and having to mitigate past losses, Beyond certainly doesn't FEEL like a promotion that should be losing thousands on every show right now.

a major issue with electric haze and white eagle is the entire parking situation

basically that entire section of town sucks normally and in order to get to either venue you have to drive through what is literally the most dangerous intersection in the state

of course, the city of Worcester is basically plopping down a AAA ballpark for the Red Sox in this section of town (it's like 2 blocks from the Eagle and destroys one of the major areas where they were using for parking) and is also renovating Kelley Square to be not literally the worst intersection, which is why they need to stage a lot of construction equipment and towed everyone on the last electric haze show

looks like the new venue shares parking with a high school, so that shouldn't be an issue

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1159244938300841984

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

basically that entire section of town sucks normally and in order to get to either venue you have to drive through what is literally the most dangerous intersection in the state
It's the most dangerous intersection I've ever encountered anywhere. It makes no sense.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cory Lidle posted:

It's the most dangerous intersection I've ever encountered anywhere. It makes no sense.

they wanted to make a better real life version of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNSO1j6PFi0

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Season two premieres next Thursday

Josh Briggs vs Lance Archer
Orange Cassidy vs Thomas Santell
Wheeler Yuta vs Chris Dickinson
Discovery Gauntlet: Daniel Garcia vs Matt Makowski
Appearances from Kris Statlander, Nick Gage and Solo Darling

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I updated the OP with all of the cards from last season and what we know of this season. So if anyone wants to pick a show or two from last season, feel free to explore.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Chris James 2 posted:

Season two premieres next Thursday

Josh Briggs vs Lance Archer
Orange Cassidy vs Thomas Santell
Wheeler Yuta vs Chris Dickinson
Discovery Gauntlet: Daniel Garcia vs Matt Makowski
Appearances from Kris Statlander, Nick Gage and Solo Darling

:rip: Josh Briggs.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Since it seems like we're keeping the same thread for this season, someone should update the title as the show is going to be on Thursdays now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WELP

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1177411914638516224

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

It makes me sad that they weren't able to do S2 at that place in Pawtucket they were talking about at Americarana because that's like 15 minutes from me. Worcester is doable, but a lot of things would need to go right. But, this is going to make me try to be there.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Season Premiere's continue!

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Deppen now a Beyond regular (probably) :woop:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TUS posted:

It makes me sad that they weren't able to do S2 at that place in Pawtucket they were talking about at Americarana because that's like 15 minutes from me. Worcester is doable, but a lot of things would need to go right. But, this is going to make me try to be there.

the guy Drew was partnering with for that was a tax cheat so its probably for the best until that gets resolved

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007

Pinkie Sanchez?????

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007

Kris Statlander is gonna be huge within a year.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

statlander/gage was absolutely fantastic

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

deadkiller615 posted:

She's huge now, she'll be gone within a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

the guy Drew was partnering with for that was a tax cheat so its probably for the best until that gets resolved

Yikes, hadn't heard that until now. Totally understandable.

deadkiller615 posted:

Like said above, she's already pretty big now. If AEW wants to sign her, I hope its a little bit down the road after the division settles down (and to give her a couple more bookings at my local promotion).